Who do you want to start this week, Peterman or Taylor?

Steptide

28 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm gonna say Peterman. I think at this point the writing is on the wall for Taylor. I know Peterman's last start was a train wreck to say the least, but I wanna see him play a full game. 

Having said that, I do wanna see this team make the playoffs. If the coaching staff starts Taylor this week, I'm ok with that too if it helps us get to 9-7

whats a tonstart ?   :D

ABT.  

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Peterman.  Gotta see what the kid really has. Let him play out the rest of the season.  No reason for Tyrod to play.

This is where I'm at too.  Peterman was a huge disappointment a few weeks ago but Taylor doesn't give McDermott/Dennison what they are looking for in our offense....the ability to throw from the pocket.

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman it is. I can't see how starting Taylor accomplishes any of the goals set forth by the team's leadership. If the goal is to win a championship at some point, we know it won't be with Taylor. 

I'd love to see what Peterman can do with a small amount of line protection. The line play against the Chargers was a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

Peterman by far.  Lets give him another chance with a full week of practice and decent gameplan.  Need to build up his confidence and I think he'll be fine.  He throws an accurate ball with a quick release.

I know what Tyrod gives us as a starter and I don't like what I see.  Time to move on from him.

• Like (+1) 2

Tyrod's injury gives McDermott a good excuse to start Peterman. I think Tyrod probably gives the team a better change to beat the Colts as he doesn't turn the ball over and the team good win with a few forced turnovers, good defense, McCoy's running and a few passes and runs from Tyrod. However, I don't think Tyrod is a good QB for Dennison's offense, so I would prefer to see Peterman to know what he has before the end of the season.

Had the Ravens lost to the Lions I would have said Taylor. But being a game up on the Bills with the tiebreaker and a fairly easy schedule (which includes the Browns and Colts) I think it's time to start looking towards the future. 

Peterman.

There is no comparison between Taylor and Peterman as a passer.  Peterman is an NFL-caliber passer who throws guys open. Taylor sees a guy open deep and then checks down, and misses some of those throws anyway.

Taylor is more mobile, when healthy, which he's not, but that would be helpful with the Bill's rotten O-line right side.  So this is a wash.  Use a FB or two TEs to help block. 

Decision making is the big question.  Peterman's a rookie with 5 or 6 quarters total under his belt, and 1 1/2 of those were while he was in shock in Los Angeles.  He'll make rookie mistakes.  He will probably also stretch the field and open up running lanes for Shady.  When the opposing D doesn't respect Taylor's passing and why would they, Shady's looking at a box full of defenders every time.

16 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Peterman is terrible 

Taylor is average. 

Taylor

You cannot say Peterman is terrible when we've hardly seen him. Yes he was terrible in the Chargers game. But he threw for almost the same amount of yards on Sunday as Taylor. And did it in less than a quarter 

• Like (+1) 1

Peterman.  Even if he doesn't prove he's a starter, I'd rather give him snaps. If he needs to come in sometime in the future as our backup, it would do him some good to get a few NFL games under his belt so he can learn from them.  Tyrod isn't on the roster next season.  Give Peterman a chance to develop more.  He's done some nice things at times...with a nice day from Shady and reasonable offensive line play like Tyrod got, Peterman may have a chance to see what his best play level is.  We know what his worst is...why not give him a chance to show us his best ball?  

35 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Peterman is terrible 

Taylor is average. 

Taylor

Taylor has shown us that he is below average.  There is nothing much he has done this year that I would consider average. 

We don't know what Peterman is or will become - only way to know is to play.  He shows that he is not afraid to throw the ball in tight spaces and he throws with anticipation, both things that Taylor won't or cannot do. 

• Thank you (+1) 1