Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1) Cincy has Dalton and AJ Green and they are called the Bungles for a reason.  

2) You are comparing a guy with 7 - 8 years of smarts to a bunch of kids still wet behind the ears. 

3) Prescott lost Zeke before they started "tanking"  

Q - how is the run game supplemented on these 3 or 4 teams?   I really haven't been watching a ton of football beyond the RZ channel and you don't get a full picture.  

Without a running game Dallas cant win on the back of his arm. Theres not a lot of QBs that can win without a running game. Sometimes yall expect too much from the amount of talent we have on the field

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1) Cincy has Dalton and AJ Green and they are called the Bungles for a reason.  

2) You are comparing a guy with 7 - 8 years of smarts to a bunch of kids still wet behind the ears. 

3) Prescott lost Zeke before they started "tanking"  

Q - how is the run game supplemented on these 3 or 4 teams?   I really haven't been watching a ton of football beyond the RZ channel and you don't get a full picture.  

Cincy's run game is awful. 30th in yards, T-27th in attempts, 30th in YPC.

Tennessee is 7th in yards (exactly 1 yard more than the Bills), 13th in attempts, and 7th in YPC

Dallas is 4th in yards, 5th in attempts, and 3rd in YPC

Chicago is T-12 in yards, T-15th in attempts, and 10th in YPC

Buffalo is 8th in yards, 6th in attempts, and 13th in YPC

But again, they aren't throwing. It isn't just a Buffalo thing. And when we had the #1 rushing offense in the league we "ran that much because our QB couldn't throw". In case you forgot.

Great segue.  Now we've gotten to the O Line that literally let Bosa run FREE and harass a rookie on their home turf in LA. 

Does the O Line improve and digress weekly?  (the answer is probably yes,  but based on the numerous discussions on  Vladimir Ducasse, Ryan Groy, John Miller,  Jordan Mills, Cordy Glenn).

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Does that mean that the Titans, Cowboys, Bengals, and Bears have QBs that don't throw at all? Those 4 have less called pass plays per game than the Bills.

Are you talking about attempts? Because I think only the Bears and Bengals have less attempts. And in terms of the QBs, Trubisky's only played 8 games.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

But again, they aren't throwing. It isn't just a Buffalo thing. And when we had the #1 rushing offense in the league we "ran that much because our QB couldn't throw". In case you forgot.

when they are passing,  are they effective? 

what you do with the pass that makes it efficient and effective.  

Do any of them have 2 games with a rating under 40? 

besides Chicago.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Just now, GoBills808 said:

Are you talking about attempts? Because I think only the Bears and Bengals have less attempts. And in terms of the QBs, Trubisky's only played 8 games.

Called pass plays. Attempts + Sacks. Still flawed in that it doesn't account for scrambles or RPOs where run is the correct call, but it'll do. And that's a per game basis based on team, not broken down by QB. (Chicago went from 37 per game with Glennon to 26.8 per game with Trubisky, fwiw)

32 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Keep asking yourself ... why?   sooner or later the answer will tap you on the nose.  

Why do we have a guy playing averaging less than 5 yards a target?!? I can almost guarantee that’s the lowest in the league. You don’t see that as a problem?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do we have a guy playing averaging less than 5 yards a target?!     

You don’t see that as a problem?

Checkdown passed?

Yes, I do.   Again Ask yourself WHY?  

You will learn young padawan  :D

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Called pass plays. Attempts + Sacks. Still flawed in that it doesn't account for scrambles or RPOs where run is the correct call, but it'll do. And that's a per game basis based on team, not broken down by QB. (Chicago went from 37 per game with Glennon to 26.8 per game with Trubisky, fwiw)

Why do you include sacks? 

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Checkdown passed?

Yes, I do.   Again Ask yourself WHY?  

You will learn young padawan  :D

Why do the rest of the Bills receivers have a much higher yards per target and catch percentage? They all play with the same QBs. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

WR is a team in need of upgrades.  Tyrod and OC aside, Nathan p threw several fine passes (not all to WRs though) that were not caught.  

I say draft one and FA another if able.  Assuming a rookie qb next season pairing him with one rookie wr would be fine.  The best EJ ever looked was his first games when he and woods were having a rookie bond connection going.

5 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

when they are passing,  are they effective? 

what you do with the pass that makes it efficient and effective.  

Do any of them have 2 games with a rating under 40? 

besides Chicago.  

I thought stats were virtually meaningless, so whats with all the requests?

All of the teams are bottom half of the league in YPA.

Prescott has a game with a rating of 30.4 (worse than any of TT's games) 3 INTs, no TDs

Dalton has a game with a rating of 28.4. 4 INTs, no TDs

Mariota hasn't been quite that bad in a single game, but just bad every game. He has the same number of TDs as Tyrod and double the turnovers. His rating on the year is 80.4, compared to TT's 88.6

7 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Why do you include sacks? 

Because the statement was that Buffalo alone has a QB who doesn't pass much. Do you deny that a Sack results from a called pass play?

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Because the statement was that Buffalo alone has a QB who doesn't pass much. Do you deny that a Sack results from a called pass play?

Not at all. Do you deny that a QB who doesn't pass much gets sacked? :)

And Mariota has NOT been playing well at all, but I have to point out that he's been injured pretty much the entire season. 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why do the rest of the Bills receivers have a much higher yards per target and catch percentage? They all play with the same QBs. 

I got this one. He usally throw the ball less than 5 times a game so that one 40 yarder he hits dramatically inflates his yards per target and he normally doesnt throw it unless his receiver has at least 20 yards of separation making it much more likely that the catch will be made.

5 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not at all. Do you deny that a QB who doesn't pass much gets sacked? :)

And Mariota has NOT been playing well at all, but I have to point out that he's been injured pretty much the entire season. 

Well you need to be attempting a pass to get sacked. I assume you're actually interested in sack % vs sacks with this question though. Because Stafford has been sacked a lot, because he's being asked to pass. Regardless, Tyrod also isn't alone in sack % in the league so his point is still invalid. Tyrod's 8th. Brissett, Hundley, Cassel, Trubisky, and Bradford all worse. Surprised by Bradford, as Keenum behind the same line has the lowest sack % of starters at 2.44%.

Well you need to be attempting a pass to get sacked. I assume you're actually interested in sack % vs sacks with this question though. Because Stafford has been sacked a lot, because he's being asked to pass. Regardless, Tyrod also isn't alone in sack % in the league so his point is still invalid. Tyrod's 8th. Brissett, Hundley, Cassel, Trubisky, and Bradford all worse. Surprised by Bradford, as Keenum behind the same line has the lowest sack % of starters at 2.44%.

Correct. I guess I jumped in the conversation, but if the overall point is to try and deduce whether the low amount of attempts is related more to WR or QB quality (or lack thereof), adding sacks into attempts to get a higher number of pass plays doesn't account for whether or not that sack could have been avoided, and isn't an indicator of anything other than the result of the called pass play was a sack. I'm not sure I would credit a QB (or an offense) an attempt on a play that resulted in a sack.

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

The rushing offense was good. The passing offense was not good. Goodwin is the same guy he was here, he's just getting the ball now. Talent at WR is fine, for me.

Benjamin Matthews Thompson Jones = Watkins Woods Goodwin Hogan/whoever

You can't be serious????