Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Why are you talking about Tyrod? He won’t be here next year!! Please stay on topic

OMG.   WHY?  Seriously?  

Who throws the ball to the WR's?   Themselves?  

Like 6pack said 

You can not judge talent of a WR when there is no one throwing the ball to them on a consistent basis.  

One last time - We have the talent on one side (WR) ergo I am not concerned about the WR positions.  

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

To be clear: i think we have QB AND OC issues.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

I would agree. My point is that I would add WR to the list too. 

The last 2 years we were top 10 DVOA and scoring on offense. Now the offense stinks. The biggest changes are at OC and WR. It’s reasonable to think that both played a role in the regression.

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

OMG.   WHY?  Seriously?  

Who throws the ball to the WR's?   Themselves?  

Like 6pack said 

You can not judge talent of a WR when there is no one throwing the ball to them on a consistent basis.  

One last time - We have the talent on one side (WR) ergo I am not concerned about the WR positions.  

If you are good with this WR group than we disagree. That’s all 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I would agree. My point is that I would add WR to the list too. 

The last 2 years we were top 10 DVOA and scoring on offense. Now the offense stinks. The biggest changes are at OC and WR. It’s reasonable to think that both played a role in the regression.

No offense, but I value PFF's invented stats as much as I do a tumor on a feral cat's anus.

That is to say, not at all.

The offense stank the previous two years, as well. When it came to clutch time, it couldn't perform.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

No offense, but I value PFF's invented stats as much as I do a tumor on a feral cat's anus.

That is to say, not at all.

The offense stank the previous two years, as well. When it came to clutch time, it couldn't perform.

So you don’t value DVOA or points? 

Just now, joesixpack said:

he is?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

31 51 528   67

Like I said.  You'll never get it beyond the numbers which are pretty good (and dwarf any Bills' WR) considering the number of targets.  Carry on.

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

yet Kirby may be missing the point.  

In Buffalo and Buffalo alone we have a QB that does not throw the ball a lot.   W/o a plethora of passes distributed evenly we just can't tell.   

And I'm not talking 4 or 5 straight passes to Zay or KB or C Clay and then they're forgotten for the remainder of the game,  

Does that mean that the Titans, Cowboys, Bengals, and Bears have QBs that don't throw at all? Those 4 have less called pass plays per game than the Bills.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

"No one looks at gross yards" - Kirby, 2 weeks ago.

Let's look at their per catch and per target efficiency please.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Not concerned about WR talent at all.  Only concerned about QB talent.

So the team is just a QB away from being great?  The obvious answer is certainly not which makes your concern rather myopic with several areas of need on  the team. 

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And the offense was good!! Look at what the Bills receivers are doing now. Goodwin has more yards than Benjamin, Matthews and Jones combined!! He had Hoyer and Beathard. The guys we have aren’t good. They get no separation and don’t scare anyone down the field. That’s an awful combination of skills. You have to do at least one of the 2.

With that being said they are going to have a new QB anyways. You don’t need to wait and find out that Jordan Matthews is never open. Just watch the tape. There is zero chance that he is back. You need to fill that spot regardless.

The rushing offense was good. The passing offense was not good. Goodwin is the same guy he was here, he's just getting the ball now. Talent at WR is fine, for me.

Benjamin Matthews Thompson Jones = Watkins Woods Goodwin Hogan/whoever

45 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Does that mean that the Titans, Cowboys, Bengals, and Bears have QBs that don't throw at all? Those 4 have less called pass plays per game than the Bills.

You forgot the Packers since AR's injury.  

You see this is why STATS are virtually meaningless.    A guy can pass for 76 net yards and get a win, a guy can pass for 500 yards and lose. 

It's not the size (passing yards) that matters but what you do with it.  

Prescott is good, Mariota (sp?) is good, Dalton IS good (except for playoffs), Bears  lol.   Is it true the coaches only gave him 5 pass plays the other week? 

Make Tyrod a QB. (2 straight seasons)     Do they say that for any of those you listed?   

Just now, Air it out Fitzy said:

Yuuuuup.   Watson.     See Texans with and without 

Wentz, Goff, would've worked too.     Count Jameis and Mariota as maybes.  

See the offensive play caller, Bill O'Brien, who designs the system along with DeAndre Hopkins as a #1 WR.  See the coaching staffs who design the offenses along with the targets for the Eagles and Rams respectively.  Same goes for any team with a good passing game.   So Nope!

12 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

"No one looks at gross yards" - Kirby, 2 weeks ago.

Let's look at their per catch and per target efficiency please.

Please do, Jones and Matthews are at 11.6 & 11.3 YPR, Goodwin at 19.3 YPR (highest in the league). Goodwin averages 9.67 yards per target. Zay averages 4.28 yards per target and Matthews 7.83 yards per target.