Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

4 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Yikes, you seem to be delusional. Unfortunately, none of the players you mentioned from this amazing fairy tale offense we supposedly used to have will be on the 2018 roster. Time to get a real QB that will deliver the ball on time and accurately.

I heard a good summary of Tyrod today. "He can do some things other QB's can't, but he can't do most of the things other QB's can."

That pretty much nails it.  Again he's everything you want from a QB except when it comes to passing.  Unfortunately...

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Sure idc, I agree we need better receivers and he's better than KB IMO. 

You said he was the best receiver in his class lol, do you stand by that statement?

I stand by the fact that when all is said and done he will be the best receiver in that class. He is more durable than back home, he has out produced Watkins, Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are a different grade beneath him... I believe Jarvis Landry is the best of the class

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I stand by the fact that when all is said and done he will be the best receiver in that class. He is more durable than back home, he has out produced Watkins, Mike Evans and Kelvin Benjamin are a different grade beneath him... I believe Jarvis Landry is the best of the class

Just wanted to confirm. I'd rather have OBJ (can't stand him) or Mike Evans.

7 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

Woods was good here as well. Under utilized but good. We had a WR contingent but McBean saw fit to let them walk and then traded away the last and best of them, Watkins.

Benjamin, zay, matthews, and thompson are good we dont have anyone to pass to them, just like when we had watkins, woods, and goodwin

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Goodwin has already gotten 70 targets this year. His highest in Buffalo was 68 last year and with Tyrod throwing the ball his 68 targets resulted in 29 catches for 431 yards. This year 70 targets for 35 catches and 677 yards. Again, that's on two more targets.

As for Benjamin, come on, the guy had 45 snaps in Buffalo. Not targets. Snaps. Shouldn't be a surprise he hasn't been productive yet. And he's a very fine WR. Not a speed guy but he moves the chains. 

Zay seems improved but hasn't shown me a lot yet. He needs to either work on his route running or work on getting more explosive. 

While I suspect that we'll be bringing in a QB - as you do too obviously - I think they'll consider OL a bigger need and defense a bigger priority than offense outside of QB.

Now that they've brought our cap situation into much better shape, I wouldn't be surprised to see them bringing in a mid-level FA WR. Don't see them following any of your ideas there in the last paragraph. Your FAs are too expensive and I don't see them going WR in the first couple of rounds. I've been wrong a time or two before, though.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 hours ago, moshermw said:

I don't have enough energy to rebuke every one of these. You won a lottery. Cotdam revisionist history.

The Bills Offense was Top 10 with TT, Top 5 when the WR you named were healthy - and he did get them the ball. TT was on the field for every game in 2016 and all but 2 in 2015.

None of those you mentioned were. 

When they were they were stars just like they are now.

Take a lap.

No, the Bills offense was 16th in 2016. 1st in rushing. 30th in passing. With 17 receiving TDs and 29 rushing. Which is unbelievable when you consider there wasn't a single other team in the league with more rushing TDs than passing TDs.

Thanks, run game.

And by the way, there were five teams that had fewer passing TDs than us that year. The primary QBs for those teams were Fitzy for the Jets, Kessler/McCown/Griffin for the Browns, Osweiler for the Texans and two rookies for Philly and the Rams.

And while Watkins is still not doing all that well, Woods is having a career high year in TDs/target and yards/catch, and has already passed his career high for yards/season with four games left. He's got a pretty good shot at a 1000 yard season.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

No, the Bills offense was 16th in 2016. 1st in rushing. 30th in passing. With 17 receiving TDs and 29 rushing. Which is unbelievable when you consider there wasn't a single other team in the league with more rushing TDs than passing TDs.

Thanks, run game.

And by the way, there were five teams that had fewer passing TDs than us that year. The primary QBs for those teams were Fitzy for the Jets, Kessler/McCown/Griffin for the Browns, Osweiler for the Texans and two rookies for Philly and the Rams.

And while Watkins is still not doing all that well, Woods is having a career high year in TDs/target and yards/catch, and has already passed his career high for yards/season with four games left. He's got a pretty good shot at a 1000 yard season.

Ahhhhh.... The well thought out, logical, informative morning Thurman morning posts are my favorites on the board. Well said as usual....

7 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The WR situation is a SYMPTOM of something larger - McBeane's horrendous failure at strategic planning for this season and beyond.

30th in 2016

28th in 2015

WITH our "all-world" WR sammy watkins, bob woods and marquise goodwin.

But sure. It's a WR problem.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Matthews is a solid possession receiver, Throw doesn't throw it unless they are open, his accuracy isn't good enough to throw it where only your receiver can get it and contest for the ball...i believe this year was used just to implement the offense, Tyrod was.never viewed as the future and will never be the guy 

I am in the camp that is worried about it but thinks the line is a bigger concern.  Other than Quarterback my priorities this offseason would be offensive line and defensive line.  

I think Benjamin and Zay (who has definitely improved as he has gone on) will be sufficient.  Keep a bottom end of the roster speed guy like Deonte Thompson and see what you have in a guy like Reilly.  

I wouldn't use draft resource on WR this year.  For me that is a 2019 priority.  

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am in the camp that is worried about it but thinks the line is a bigger concern.  Other than Quarterback my priorities this offseason would be offensive line and defensive line.  

I think Benjamin and Zay (who has definitely improved as he has gone on) will be sufficient.  Keep a bottom end of the roster speed guy like Deonte Thompson and see what you have in a guy like Reilly.  

I wouldn't use draft resource on WR this year.  For me that is a 2019 priority.  

KB and Zay are young with room for improvement.

OL is getting old.  Wood hit a wall 3 years ago.  Richie is fast approaching.  Right side is more of a disaster than normal.  Dawkins is stuck at LT because of Glenn's injuries.

OL needs an infusion of talent in the worst way.  Hope we sign a starting quality OG or RT in FA and draft a C.

Just now, jmc12290 said:

KB and Zay are young with room for improvement.

OL is getting old.  Wood hit a wall 3 years ago.  Richie is fast approaching.  Right side is more of a disaster than normal.  Dawkins is stuck at LT because of Glenn's injuries.

OL needs an infusion of talent in the worst way.  Hope we sign a starting quality OG or RT in FA and draft a C.

This is where I'm at. Use FA to plug OL holes, draft Offensive skill players with a priority on QB.

On 12/5/2017 at 8:04 AM, Kirby Jackson said:

Nothing matters till they have a QB.  QB's that are elite make their players good.  Nothing wrong with this group, in fact I think they are super Bowl caliber with a good QB.