Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

Is it a plus if a guy can't stay on the field. Of course not . Benjamin was damaged goods when he got

here, same for Matthews. Good teams don't keep injury prone guys.

As far as the QB or WRs. It is the chicken and the egg. The QB was no good because the WRs are bad,

or the WRs are no good because the QBs are bad.

Who knows, you can argue it forever.

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes. They have no speed on the outside. No separation receiver. They have a bunch of avg to below avg possession receivers. 

it's the strangest thing honestly.
what might they be thinking here , for the success of the Season in particular ?

Anquan Boldin was the first notch in the half arsed attempt to secure some solidity and dependability, and then repeatability game to game.

They need WRs. 3 imho. And more importantly ? A fresh Coaching on the offensive side of the ball all around

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Is it a plus if a guy can't stay on the field. Of course not . Benjamin was damaged goods when he got

here, same for Matthews. Good teams don't keep injury prone guys.

As far as the QB or WRs. It is the chicken and the egg. The QB was no good because the WRs are bad,

or the WRs are no good because the QBs are bad.

Who knows, you can argue it forever.

One of the mysteries of life for me goes something like this when I question things.

We pick up Matthews. injury history or not. Isolated or plagued?
 He gets injured pretty good at Camp did he not? First day he practiced. I recall reading it could nag him all season. twice since then. has Never been 100% i bet.

Kelvin Benjamin.was he  a high risk addition?

Injured 3rd play was it ?

Other knee.

I know this stuff happens all the time.

But for the Bills, it happens with guys expected to come in and play a prominent role upon the team.

just seems another unusual Bills coincidence 

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

One of the mysteries of life for me goes something like this when I question things.

We pick up Matthews. injury history or not. Isolated or plagued?
 He gets injured pretty good at Camp did he not? First day he practiced. I recall reading it could nag him all season. twice since then. has Never been 100% i bet.

Kelvin Benjamin.was he  a high risk addition?

Injured 3rd play was it ?

Other knee.

I know this stuff happens all the time.

But for the Bills, it happens with guys expected to come in and play a prominent role upon the team.

just seems another unusual Bills coincidence 

He did get hurt on his 1st day of practice and overall he sustained three different injuries.  Sternum, thumb, and knee.  Bye Jordan the JAG. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He did get hurt on his 1st day of practice and overall he sustained three different injuries.  Sternum, thumb, and knee.  Bye Jordan the JAG. 

But what was his injury history with the Eagles?

and yes. 5 slot receivers and the late pickup Thompson the lone deep threat. unless you count Klay (sp) cough

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

But what was his injury history with the Eagles?

and yes. 5 slot receivers and the late pickup Thompson the lone deep threat. unless you count Klay (sp) cough

Not up to date with the last two with the Bills: http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jordan-matthews/6963

BTW, remeber someone used this site as predictive evidence of Sammy getting injured this season?  http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/sammy-watkins/6937 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not up to date with the last two with the Bills: http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/jordan-matthews/6963

BTW, remeber someone used this site as predictive evidence of Sammy getting injured this season?  http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/sammy-watkins/6937 

it appears as i seemed to recall. Matthews was a fairly healthy . 

Cool link Thanks 26 

12 hours ago, kdiggz said:

We don't know what we have at WR because we don't have a QB that can get them the ball.  I've read a lot of nonsense about how Tyrod doesn't have anyone to throw to and that's why he is so bad.  Oh really?  Because he had Watkins and Woods last year and they are doing great now in LA.  Hogan was tearing it up in NE before his injury.  Before anyone condemns the WR's please first look at the person whose job it is to get them the ball!

I don't have enough energy to rebuke every one of these. You won a lottery. Cotdam revisionist history.

The Bills Offense was Top 10 with TT, Top 5 when the WR you named were healthy - and he did get them the ball. TT was on the field for every game in 2016 and all but 2 in 2015.

None of those you mentioned were. 

When they were they were stars just like they are now.

Take a lap.

1 minute ago, moshermw said:

I don't have enough energy to rebuke every one of these. You won a lottery. Cotdam revisionist history.

The Bills Offense was Top 10 with TT, Top 5 when the WR you named were healthy - and he did get them the ball. TT was on the field for every game in 2016 and all but 2 in 2015.

Take a lap.

:lol:

last year the Bills ranked THIRTIETH in passing offense, but first in rushing.

You take the lap, kid. You need it.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:lol:

last year the Bills ranked THIRTIETH in passing offense, but first in rushing.

You take the lap, kid. You need it.

I will if you can actually say with integrity that TT to Watkins and TT to Woods WHEN LYNN AND/OR ROMAN CALLED IT AND THEY WERE HEALTHY weren't efficient and productive.

And that TT wasn't a key part of that #1 in rushing.

6 minutes ago, moshermw said:

I will if you can actually say with integrity that TT to Watkins and TT to Woods WHEN LYNN AND/OR ROMAN CALLED IT AND THEY WERE HEALTHY weren't efficient and productive.

And that TT wasn't a key part of that #1 in rushing.

2015 they were 28th in passing.

so by all objective standards, the bills have been one of if not THE worst passing offenses in the league for the three years of Taylor’s tenure.

this is regardless of coach, wr “talent,” or any other factors. Tell me why.

Edited by joesixpack

Not really.  Zay is developing to a consistant option.  Benjamin is a beast in the redzone and down the feild.  They bring in a deep threat and they are set.  Intersted to see if Reiley can be the slot guy he looked like he was. 

I made a pretty reactionary thread about our receiving corps, but they were HORRIBLE last Sunday. The conversation got derailed to quarterback discussion of course.

I know we didn't have a good receiving corps on paper, but these guys so obviously failed the eye test. Catching, route running, broken plays, none of that was on display. It came to light yesterday but I don't remember thinking "wow that guy had no business making that catch" all year and I see circus catches around the league every week.

Maybe Zay had 1 or 2 of those, that's it. Nick O'Leary had a few "cool our back up tight end made a catch above his pay grade" plays.

I'm not even talking about stats.. I get that it relies on the quarterback, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a highlight reel for anybody that lasts longer than a minute.

13 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I really wanted Landry and we tried hard to get him, as you know. Landry will go down as the best WR in that class.  Hands down. 

Huh? Jarvis?

24 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I made a pretty reactionary thread about our receiving corps, but they were HORRIBLE last Sunday. The conversation got derailed to quarterback discussion of course.

I know we didn't have a good receiving corps on paper, but these guys so obviously failed the eye test. Catching, route running, broken plays, none of that was on display. It came to light yesterday but I don't remember thinking "wow that guy had no business making that catch" all year and I see circus catches around the league every week.

Maybe Zay had 1 or 2 of those, that's it. Nick O'Leary had a few "cool our back up tight end made a catch above his pay grade" plays.

I'm not even talking about stats.. I get that it relies on the quarterback, but I'd be hard pressed to come up with a highlight reel for anybody that lasts longer than a minute.

Huh? Jarvis?

Yes. Bills were going hard to acquire him

56 minutes ago, moshermw said:

Take a lap.

Yikes, you seem to be delusional. Unfortunately, none of the players you mentioned from this amazing fairy tale offense we supposedly used to have will be on the 2018 roster. Time to get a real QB that will deliver the ball on time and accurately.

I heard a good summary of Tyrod today. "He can do some things other QB's can't, but he can't do most of the things other QB's can."

Edited by kdiggz