Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Your argument was that TT burns through OCs. One of them became a HC. That’s not because he failed!!

OK. Let me try a different angle(because I believe are reading this wrong).

TT burned through 3 OC's and one of them became a HC. 

So ........ was the OC AL bad or the QB TT?  

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Romo even said that the read was RB? 

Romo was also impressed with Nate when he cam in. 

We're back to arguing past each other.  To the OP.

I believe we have decent WR's.  I do not believe we have decent QB's.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

One got fired so Rex could save his job, one became a HC and one is here. What’s the point you are trying to make?

27 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

We don't know what we have at WR because we don't have a QB that can get them the ball.  I've read a lot of nonsense about how Tyrod doesn't have anyone to throw to and that's why he is so bad.  Oh really?  Because he had Watkins and Woods last year and they are doing great now in LA.  Hogan was tearing it up in NE before his injury.  Before anyone condemns the WR's please first look at the person whose job it is to get them the ball!

This is sooooo dead on. KB, Matthews and Zay can't "create separation" in a West Coast offense. It relies heavily on timing routes and having the ball placed at a spot. I know it's cliche, but overall, Tyrod is not an anticipatory passer (neither is Baker Mayfield but that's a conversation for another thread). Get a real QB in here and our current group of WR's will be fine.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

More arguing about Tyrod. Bitchin. He sucks. No he doesnt. Yes he does. No he doesnt. Does. Doesnt. Does. Doesnt. Does. Doesnt....

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Add a speed guy in the draft and its pretty good.  

Zay will be good for a long time and I'm a big KB fan.  

Holmes and co can get lost though 

The Bills HAD "speed guys" ... the three of them are now playing in LA and in SF.  Obviously, speed and sure handedness aren't part of the "skill set" that the Bills brain trust want.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Matthews has 33 targets this year. The least he had in a year in Philly was 105. 

Is this the QB or WR fault?

Matthews lost snaps to Deonte Thompson on Sunday. Is that the QB’s fault too? Matthews isn’t good. He will be gone next year, Philly went out of their way to replace him and their passing offense is much better than it was last year.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He’s an option but I think that they need more of a speed guy.

I would rather have waited to try to get Landry after the season than hastily have traded for Benjamin. He's never really impressed me, not like Landry does.  

With Benjamin here now we needed to have kept Goodwin.

Maybe we can call Trevor Graham, he is quite a bit faster.

The FO & coaching staff set up the offense to fail.  As soon as they jettisoned Watkins the writing was on the wall.

Matthews was traded and cost himself $10,000,000+......  

A WR with skills is only as good as the QB throwing him the ball and the OC designing plays.

This OC is clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Matthews lost snaps to Deonte Thompson on Sunday. Is that the QB’s fault too? Matthews isn’t good. He will be gone next year, Philly went out of their way to replace him and their passing offense is much better than it was last year.

He was number 4 on Philly’s depth chart. That’s why they let him go.

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

I would rather have waited to try to get Landry after the season than hastily have traded for Benjamin. He's never really impressed me, not like Landry does.  

With Benjamin here now we needed to have kept Goodwin.

Maybe we can call Trevor Graham, he is quite a bit faster.

Landry would have been better than KB but Kab is decent (if healthy).

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

lack of separation only when TT was under center.

No it happened with Peterman under center too. Romo pointed it out over and over. Our receivers can’t make a contested catch to save their lives. Three straight plays in the red  zone Peterman threw to Zay Jones matched up against Gilmore. Gilmore beat him cleanly all 3 times. Getting Benjamin back out there will help but you have to be concerned about injuries with him. Next year I would love a speed guy on the outside and Zay in the slot.

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was number 4 on Philly’s depth chart. That’s why they let him go.

Landry would have been better than KB but Kab is decent (if healthy).

No he was the equal of Watkins and a steal we were told.......

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tyrod regressed Kirby.  The sooner you get off of the wagon the better you will feel.  

Come to the Dark Side friend. 

the OC personnel has regressed.

20 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Romo was also impressed with Nate when he cam in. 

We're back to arguing past each other.  To the OP.

I believe we have decent WR's.  I do not believe we have decent QB's.

since he has been here, he has had two different head coaches due to the FO firing them. I would hardly say TT "burned" through them. Roman and A. Lynn had this offense clicking...the FO changed staff, and the entire offense has since regressed, including the run game.

Edited by 87168

I'm concerned by the entire offence. I may not be smart enough to pinpoint details but it's obvious we have low to no production on that side of the ball.

I don't want a conservative offence that just wants to hang around I hope they abandon that philosophy. I want long calculated sustained drives for touchdowns. I want to feel like the offense has a potential to score every time they hit the field. I wanna be feared not a joke. I wanna be up by 21 points still going for the throat like I'm down 21 points.

I have no particular wish. I hope they do everything they can to fix the hot mess that is the offence. 

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What part of “someone else will be the QB” are you missing? Are we really only capable of evaluating the QB?!? We really are not a smart fan base. Romo talked a lot about the lack of separation on Sunday. The last play of the 3rd quarter was a great example. Regardless of who is under center the guys playing WR are bad.

It’s like when people say we can’t evaluate the passing offense because of TT. You certainly can.

Look at the route combinations/options Rico draws up, they are horrible. Very easy to defend. 

Its tough to know now what we have in some of these WRs because of a couple of reasons. The offense is one and TT is another. Personally, I think Matthew will want too much money for his production. Look at what Woods got. So he’s gone either way. I’m ok with resigning Thompson, looking for another WR in FA and then drafting one into the 2nd/3rd round, preferably someone with speed, which is lacking now.

• Like (+1) 1

We had WR talent on this team, Goodwin, Woods and Watkins. Look how well they are playing with young QB's who don't even have that much experience yet. That shows how bad Taylor was at seeing the field and locking onto one guy. Taylor is not a good passer and WR's are not going to come here in FA because of it.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

The Bills HAD "speed guys" ... the three of them are now playing in LA and in SF.  Obviously, speed and sure handedness aren't part of the "skill set" that the Bills brain trust want.

All anyone did was bash Goodwin while he was here.     Now we all want him back ?

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No has was the equal of Watkins and a steal we were told.......

Those were pretty funny.   All the Sammy haters showed us the stats that proved Matthews > Sammy ?

3 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

We had WR talent on this team, Goodwin, Woods and Watkins. Look how well they are playing with young QB's who don't even have that much experience yet. That shows how bad Taylor was at seeing the field and locking onto one guy. Taylor is not a good passer and WR's are not going to come here in FA because of it.

That wont apply next year.    

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

I think good receivers start with good or great QB play !! You put the receivers that we have with a Brady, Rothlesberger, or A Brees & you have a good NOT great receiving group !!

But when you have a QB that for what ever reason holds the ball to long & can't put it in a tight window or throw with any anticipation you have a

Buffalo offense ... 

I think the Bills top priority will be getting a QB in the draft & that may be (depending on who they get) the start of a turn around but until then same ole same ole !!! 

Peterman and most of the 2018 QB draft class are gunslinger type QB's. I would want a WR like Brandon Marshall and KB on the outside with Jones in the slot. 

I would go after Arden Tate and try to sign a FA WR. KB, Tate and Jones would be fun to watch.  Luck for us this WR class seems to have a lot of guys with good size.