Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

And the offense was good!! Look at what the Bills receivers are doing now. Goodwin has more yards than Benjamin, Matthews and Jones combined!! He had Hoyer and Beathard. The guys we have aren’t good. They get no separation and don’t scare anyone down the field. That’s an awful combination of skills. You have to do at least one of the 2.

With that being said they are going to have a new QB anyways. You don’t need to wait and find out that Jordan Matthews is never open. Just watch the tape. There is zero chance that he is back. You need to fill that spot regardless.

Tyrod regressed Kirby.  The sooner you get off of the wagon the better you will feel.  

Come to the Dark Side friend. 

28 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Funny you mentioned Zay Jones always looking off balance... I would probably attest that to ball placement most of the time, I was more surprised this year over his drops.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Something else to ponder - Look at the success of a few young QB's that can actually pass the ball.

They have taken big steps since last season.  What has TT given us? 

A couple of nice games  and an L

A couple of games where he delivered a big steaming pile of poo  and an L

A couple of nice games  where the D was killing it and a W.

That’s irrelevant to the conversation because he isn’t going to be here. Give the new QB some guys that can get open. Strangely the WR that gets open the most is Thompson. I’d like to bring him back.

1 minute ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Tyrod regressed Kirby.  The sooner you get off of the wagon the better you will feel.  

Come to the Dark Side friend. 

What part of “someone else will be the QB” are you missing? Are we really only capable of evaluating the QB?!? We really are not a smart fan base. Romo talked a lot about the lack of separation on Sunday. The last play of the 3rd quarter was a great example. Regardless of who is under center the guys playing WR are bad.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s irrelevant to the conversation because he isn’t going to be here. Give the new QB some guys that can get open. Strangely the WR that gets open the most is Thompson. I’d like to bring him back.

It is relevant.  Bench TT for good and play Nate or Webb and let us see with our own eyes how bad Dennison is.  

3 OC's and the one he was most productive was fired 2 weeks into his 2nd season.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

What part of “someone else will be the QB” are you missing? Are we really only capable of evaluating the QB?!? We really are not a smart fan base. Romo talked a lot about the lack of separation on Sunday. The last play of the 3rd quarter was a great example. Regardless of who is under center the guys playing WR are bad.

Until TT is officially benched we have to assume he's the starter.  

lack of separation only when TT was under center.   the longer you hold the ball the easier it is for a defender to close the gap on the "waiting" receiver.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Watching the game last night, I was struck more by how much room Bell had to run after a short swing and or dumpoffs. I think that happens as the Steelers have a verticle game and not every pattern is cut off at 10 yards. I assume it also affects WR s ability to get open. If the very design of the offense keeps everyone within 10 yds of the LOS, i would think it makes it much easier for the DBs to play aggressive coverage and not worry about double moves or anything going over their heads.

Having said that, I do think we need a #1 for 2019 and beyond assuming the think KB isthe  #1 next year. But  i cant see these guys going the FA route. It will be the draft, draft draft all over the field.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

WR as a whole position does need to be addressed, but as others have said despite your request to avoid the QB issue - it really IS the issue. That said, depending on how the Bills address their FA time, who goes and who stays with the team and where the final Draft positions land us (KC and B-lo), I think they probably find a depth FA WR and maybe a late round WR for STs and speed....

Others have also stated, there are bigger issues because if you invest a high pick in a QB, you need guys to block for him and the right side needs help and that's assuming Glenn stays, which I think he will if for no other reason there are just too many issues to address in one season....you just hope his feet / ankles can get healthy.

And I think that the line is primarily a function of coaching. The same guys were good last year. I’d plug in Groy for Vlad and Glenn and Dawkins at OT and we will be good to go with a new coach. Draft a depth guy that can play a few positions.

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

It is relevant.  Bencj TT for good and play Nate or Webb ans let us see with our own eyes how bad Dennison is.  

3 OC's and the one he was most productive was fired 2 weeks into his 2nd season.  

That OC argument is terrible because one is a HC of a team that will win the division. Maybe Lynn was a god coach?

6 minutes ago, papazoid said:

WR are targeted on average 5 times a game. you may have 1 who gets 10 targets.

on running plays to opposite side, the wr is doing nothing.

why invest big cap dollars in that position ??

The offense will be different I’d have to think?

And I think that the line is primarily a function of coaching. The same guys were good last year. I’d plug in Groy for Vlad and Glenn and Dawkins at OT and we will be good to go with a new coach. Draft a depth guy that can play a few positions.

That OC argument is terrible because one is a HC of a team that will win the division. Maybe Lynn was a god coach?

Philip Rivers vs Tyrod Taylor

come on Kirby. you ARE better than that

Philip Rivers hands down 

6 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If the coach calls a pass play and Tentative Taylor is too afraid to pass the ball....  Who's fault is it? 

It’s the coach’s call to design the progressions!! Do you not get that. On Sunday the ball that a Shady dropped for a first, he should have thrown it to Holmes who was open in front of him. The progression read RB first. TT should have adjusted but the read wasn’t to the WR. The coach determines that.

I don't want to see the Bills spend one more minute thinking about a receiver until they get a real QB. What's the point of having above average/elite receivers if all you have is TT who prefers to hold onto the ball rather than throw it as the starting QB and behind him you have a 5th round guy that is nowhere near ready to be an NFL QB. It doesn't matter who you have at receiver. Until the Bills actually get a QB it's a waste of time.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Until TT is officially benched we have to assume he's the starter.  

lack of separation only when TT was under center.   the longer you hold the ball the easier it is for a defender to close the gap on the "waiting" receiver.  

So you are saying that you are unable to watch these receivers? I ask you to watch the all-22 this week and watch the patterns. Watch how close they are to the LOS. Watch the amount of space between the receivers and defenders. Watch the Pats in the same scenario and tell me which guys are more open.

Just now, RobH063 said:

I don't want to see the Bills spend one more minute thinking about a receiver until they get a real QB. What's the point of having above average/elite receivers if all you have is TT who prefers to hold onto the ball rather than throw it as the starting QB and behind him you have a 5th round guy that is nowhere near ready to be an NFL QB. It doesn't matter who you have at receiver. Until the Bills actually get a QB it's a waste of time.

They will have a new QB!! Does anyone not think that?

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s the coach’s call to design the progressions!! Do you not get that. On Sunday the ball that a Shady dropped for a first, he should have thrown it to Holmes who was open in front of him. The progression read RB first. TT should have adjusted but the read wasn’t to the WR. The coach determines that.

Sorry Kirby, you are being blinded by your love for Taylor.  

Rico could design the progressions but his QB has to execute 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Philip Rivers vs Tyrod Taylor

come on Kirby. you ARE better than that

Philip Rivers hands down 

Your argument was that TT burns through OCs. One of them became a HC. That’s not because he failed!!

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sorry Kirby, you are being blinded by your love for Taylor.  

Rico could design the progressions but his QB has to execute 

What are you arguing? Romo even said that the read was RB?