Anyone concerned about the wr talent?

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrell’s Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

I haven't given up on Jones (not implying that you are) and do think that he can be a valuable contributor.  He needs to get significantly better with his feet AND show dependable hands. They have Benjamin for at least one more season, correct?

Based upon what I feel are bigger needs elsewhere (QB, both lines, LB) I think you go plug and play with a FA.  No reason to put the cart before the horse again. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

While the Bills work to remake this roster we rarely see people talk about it. Before anyone says, you can’t do anything with TT, Marquise Goodwin has more yards this year than Matthews, Jones and Benjamin combined for the Bills. He played primarily with Hoyer and Beathard. Romo talked about it during the game on Sunday; the guys don’t get open. As we bring in a rookie QB it would be wise to give him weapons.

Personally I think Matthews stinks, he’s never open and is a limited athlete. Benjamin is a good, not great WR. Zay has been a big disappointment to me because I had high expectations. He just always seems to be off balance. I like Thompson and think that he fills a role. The Bills still need a #1/2 depending on how you define Benjamin. 

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrell’s Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

It's been a concern all season long as many here predicted it would be. Has to be addressed in Free Agency or the Draft.

We don't know what we have at WR because we don't have a QB that can get them the ball.  I've read a lot of nonsense about how Tyrod doesn't have anyone to throw to and that's why he is so bad.  Oh really?  Because he had Watkins and Woods last year and they are doing great now in LA.  Hogan was tearing it up in NE before his injury.  Before anyone condemns the WR's please first look at the person whose job it is to get them the ball!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I'd be ok seeing Matthews, Jones, and Benjamin as our tops (with someone else throwing them the ball).  Matthews I think has suffered due to Tyrod, Jones has his own issues he seems to be getting through a bit, and with Benjamin it's just too early to say. OTOH, as long as it doesn't limit them elsewhere, I'm also fine if they bring in a FA.

Not really.   I do not think we lost a ton of talent.  What good was it anyway when you only pass 15 to 20 times and gain 50 - 60 yards? 

We won't know until we have a passing QB under center.   

It's been a concern all season long as many many here predicted it would be because we have a RB acting like a QB.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

We had goodwin, he didnt do anything here. Matthews has been  a solid wr for 3 years, didnt suck til he came here. Woods became better as soon as he leaves. Benjamin, while a small sample size same thing as matthews.

While our wrs might not be the greatest i think its pretty obvious what the real problem is.

I would rather get moncrief and let matthews go though next year, resign thompson and draft one in the 3rd- 5th round. Benjamin , zay, moncrief, thompson, and rookie wouldnt be bad

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Would you rather sign someone like Davante Adams, Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, Terrelle Pryor, Paul Richardson or Donte Moncrief or draft a guy in the first couple of rounds? 

Matthews has 33 targets this year. The least he had in a year in Philly was 105. 

Is this the QB or WR fault?

Edited by PeterGriffin

7 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

We don't know what we have at WR because we don't have a QB that can get them the ball.  I've read a lot of nonsense about how Tyrod doesn't have anyone to throw to and that's why he is so bad.  Oh really?  Because he had Watkins and Woods last year and they are doing great now in LA.  Hogan was tearing it up in NE before his injury.  Before anyone condemns the WR's please first look at the person whose job it is to get them the ball!

And the offense was good!! Look at what the Bills receivers are doing now. Goodwin has more yards than Benjamin, Matthews and Jones combined!! He had Hoyer and Beathard. The guys we have aren’t good. They get no separation and don’t scare anyone down the field. That’s an awful combination of skills. You have to do at least one of the 2.

With that being said they are going to have a new QB anyways. You don’t need to wait and find out that Jordan Matthews is never open. Just watch the tape. There is zero chance that he is back. You need to fill that spot regardless.

Something else to ponder - Look at the success of a few young QB's that can actually pass the ball.

They have taken big steps since last season.  What has TT given us? 

A couple of nice games  and an L

A couple of games where he delivered a big steaming pile of poo  and an L

A couple of nice games  where the D was killing it and a W.

6 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

We had goodwin, he didnt do anything here. Matthews has been  a solid wr for 3 years, didnt suck til he came here. Woods became better as soon as he leaves. Benjamin, while a small sample size same thing as matthews.

While our wrs might not be the greatest i think its pretty obvious what the real problem is.

I would rather get moncrief and let matthews go though next year, resign thompson and draft one in the 3rd- 5th round. Benjamin , zay, moncrief, thompson, and rookie wouldnt be bad

That would work for me.

WR as a whole position does need to be addressed, but as others have said despite your request to avoid the QB issue - it really IS the issue. That said, depending on how the Bills address their FA time, who goes and who stays with the team and where the final Draft positions land us (KC and B-lo), I think they probably find a depth FA WR and maybe a late round WR for STs and speed....

Others have also stated, there are bigger issues because if you invest a high pick in a QB, you need guys to block for him and the right side needs help and that's assuming Glenn stays, which I think he will if for no other reason there are just too many issues to address in one season....you just hope his feet / ankles can get healthy.