Do you take Lamar Jackson?

Bakin

On 2017-12-10 at 5:31 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I agree the Mariota comparison is bad, but for the opposite reason.  Jackson is a far better passer already than Mariota will ever hope to be.  As much as it is becoming cliche, Lamar can make ALL the necessary NFL throws.  Phenomenal arm.

Nope.

16 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

His lack of throwing accuracy consistency is disconcerting but if he's there with the Bills second 1st round pick then I think the Bills should pull the trigger. He's a freak athlete (even more so than Tyrod) and isn't close to reaching his full potential as a quarterback.

My thoughts exactly regarding his accuracy.  I think we take a more NFL ready QB with our first pick like Mayfield or Rudolph.

And there is pick #2 against Lamar today.

Edited by Billsfansinceday1

14 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

And then he does that. Intriguing. Definitely has star potential. 'It' factor.

He has the 'it' factor, I agree. I also recognize the off the charts athleticism. I will still say he will not succeed at QB in the NFL. His mechanics are faulty along with his footwork at times. It makes him just not that accurate. People try to fix these things and more times than not it fails. If he willingly switches to WR then he has the potential to be the most successful to do so yet, more so than Edelman. He is a slightly taller clone of Tyrod, with a lower level of accuracy. He's not Vick reincarnate like some want to believe. 

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

He has the 'it' factor, I agree. I also recognize the off the charts athleticism. I will still say he will not succeed at QB in the NFL. His mechanics are faulty along with his footwork at times. It makes him just not that accurate. People try to fix these things and more times than not it fails. If he willingly switches to WR then he has the potential to be the most successful to do so yet, more so than Edelman. He is a slightly taller clone of Tyrod, with a lower level of accuracy. He's not Vick reincarnate like some want to believe. 

Don't be ridiculous. Jackson is miles better than Tyrod.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Beane take Rudolph IMO............

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Though Rudolph isn't a day 1 starter.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Don't be ridiculous. Jackson is miles better than Tyrod.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

Though Rudolph isn't a day 1 starter.

He barely completes 60% of his passes in college, but he's miles better than Tyrod? Why? Because he's taller? Tyrod is just as electric scrambling around and showing his elusiveness at the NFL level as Lamar is in college. Tyrod is also more accurate in the NFL than Lamar is at the college level. Miles better? I think not my friend. 

1 minute ago, H2o said:

He barely completes 60% of his passes in college, but he's miles better than Tyrod? Why? Because he's taller? Tyrod is just as electric scrambling around and showing his elusiveness at the NFL level as Lamar is in college. Tyrod is also more accurate in the NFL than Lamar is at the college level. Miles better? I think not my friend. 

How many Heisman Trophies did Taylor win?

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

How many Heisman Trophies did Taylor win?

I'm not disputing the fact that he is a great COLLEGE player. Tebow was a GREAT college player. What I am telling you is he doesn't have the skillset to make it at QB in the NFL. He is not Vick. He is not Deshaun Watson. His passing ability just isn't something to be desired. Again, exceptional athlete. Not an NFL QB. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.