PTI: 1 game suspension NOT enough

CanadianFan

About the suggestion to press charges, he has already admitted it was not a football play. He did it because he was frustrated. The video clearly shows the premeditated nature of the assault and the intentional use of the brace. Cowardly psychopathic move.

the Gronk stuff starts at 5:35 into it for those that don't want to click through it trying to figure it out

And I agree, should have been 2 games considering that it resulted in a brain injury to our best DB.  If someone did that to Brady they would be done for the season

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

The payment for something like that can't be handed out by the league office, if the Bills don't do it themselves then the blame is on them. 

The hit was as malicious as it gets and no one did anything toward Gronk. From the sound cut of BB and McD at midfield it sounds like McD says "sorry" before BB goes onto say no that was bull **** or whatever. 

The Bills should take the Claude Lemieux resolution and mug him every chance they get.

This doesnt work in football. There is only 16 games. No one is going to take a chance of getting suspended.

In baseball, if a pitcher on Team A hits a player on Team B, it isn't the Team A pitcher who gets tagged by the Team B pitcher, it's some batter who had nothing to do with the first incident.   So, don't retaliate against Gronk.   Retaliate against Brady.  The first guy takes him down, even after the play is over, the second guy jjumps on him when he's down and takes a shot at his head, and the third guy goes after his knees.  And all three of them should (a) not get ejected, just like Gronk wasn't, (b) expect a one game suspension, and (c) not get fined, just like Gronk wasn't.

Make it clear that attacking a Bills player doesn't lead to equal payback, it leads to escalation.  Make Brady pay, make the Patriots pay, make the league pay. Take out the Patriot's best player, maybe the league's best player.  Cost the league some serious advertising money.

A one game suspension for that?  No, sorry, that's an insult. Gronk's suspension should be at least as long as White is out of action. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Would love to see the EC DA file assault & battery with intent to cause great bodily harm charges. Anybody know if the DA's office is looking into this?

Dont think a judge would accept that.unless there is already precedent.

I wanted 4.

Would have been okay with 2.

Not shocked that it was 1.  Primarily because Gronk's been a clean player for his entire career.  That doesn't justify what he did, but it does (to me) explain the suspension being only one game.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I wanted 4.

Would have been okay with 2.

Not shocked that it was 1.  Primarily because Gronk's been a clean player for his entire career.  That doesn't justify what he did, but it does (to me) explain the suspension being only one game.

WRONG.

Gronk's been fined TWICE just 2 years ago: 

Two instances immediately come to mind. Gronkowski was fined $8,268 in 2015 for fighting near the end of the Patriots' Super Bowl XLIX victory over the Seattle Seahawks. Earlier that season, he had also been fined $8,268 for unnecessary roughness against Indianapolis Colts cornerback Sergio Brown.  - ESPN

Here's what Gronk said about the brawl in superbowl:

Rob Gronkowski told Jimmy Kimmel earlier this week that he entered the fracas because, "Screw it, last game of the year, I'm throwing some haymakers."

He's a thug, just bec. he's white and playful personality he got away with it. He was never clean.

More condemnation of NFL - 

4 hours ago, sleeby said:

Fit the entire bills defense with metal clubs on their arms and go to town all day long.  Make Brady a priority.

Yeah, that brace should be taken away from him.  He obviously doesn't need it to "protect the rods in his arm." :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

BIG deal.  Go watch synchronized SWIMMING if you CAN'T HANDLE a little CONTACT.

I'm sold.  I hope the Bills deal a concussion to/injure every Cheaters player in 2 weeks.  Hell the punishment is only a game suspension.  They can forfeit the season-ender. 

9 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

I agreed about this segment up until they were talking about race.  I could see there being bias but after looking at Mike Evans hit I think it goes to the same level.

Yeah. about tired of the ESPN "race" bullcrap. 

Leave that nonsense out of sports.

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm sold.  I hope the Bills deal a concussion to/injure every Cheaters player in 2 weeks.  Hell the punishment is only a game suspension.  They can forfeit the season-ender. 

This wasn't serious.  I've been well-documented as saying that a 4-game suspension would have been appropriate.  But to call Gronk a "dirty player," is just incorrect.  He's not.  That was an incredibly dirty play.  But it shouldn't define him.

21 minutes ago, Gugny said:

BIG deal.  Go watch synchronized SWIMMING if you CAN'T HANDLE a little CONTACT.

It's a big deal because YOU SAID GRONK WAS CLEAN. HE ISN'T. Gronk has A HISTORY OF FIGHTING AND BEING FINED FOR IT IN THE LEAGUE. WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE between him and other guys? HE IS WHITE.

Edited by CanadianFan

Just now, CanadianFan said:

It's a big deal because YOU SAID GRONK WAS CLEAN. HE ISN'T. You don't know FACTS from FICTION. 

He is clean.  Perfect?  No.  But clean - in general - over a 7-year career?  You betcha.

If he was a Buffalo Bill, you'd agree.

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Steve Young thought it should have been 4

That seems more reasonable. If a questionable hit on the field during a play on Burfect (who deserves some smacking around as retribution) gets one game, this is on a totally different level. 

Edited by Augie

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He is clean.  Perfect?  No.  But clean - in general - over a 7-year career?  You betcha.

If he was a Buffalo Bill, you'd agree.

3 FINES and suspensions over the last three seasons. Sounds like a repeat offender to me!  And YET YOU CALLED HIM CLEAN! JUST A SINGLE POST AGO - YOU CAN'T KEEP YOUR STORY STRAIGHT. LET ME GUESS - YOU LEARNED THIS FROM TRUMP RIGHT?

If he was a Buffalo Bill, I would want him SUSPENDED FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. 

Edited by CanadianFan