Cheap Shot Incident from MNF: Smith-Schuster on Burfict

Fadingpain

How in the hell does anyone thing this is a cheap shot? Not even close. Perfect block. Cheap shot... lmfao what a joke. Great block juju.

39 minutes ago, GG said:

The hit was illegal.  But not undeserved.

How was it illegal? They were facing each other no helmet to helmet he hit him square in the chest. Legal hit. Great job by the rookie

1. the blocker is moving toward his own end line; and
  2. he approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

Note: If the near shoulder of the blocker contacts the front of his opponent’s body, the “peel back” block is legal.

Player was moving towards sidelines not endlines. He hit him in the numbers. 

Legal hit

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

I didn't see it live but from watching the replay it doesn't look like much of a cheap shot. Burfict was close enough to the runner that he should be blocked, JUJU led with the shoulder. Just because it was an aggresive hit now it's a penalty? This wasn't a Warren Sapp type of peel back block.

I think Shazier leading with his head and then the vicious hit on Mixon were more noteworthy. Those guys are tackling with intent to injure.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Pittsburgh is one tough team, not like the bills. Players come and go and they knock crap out of other teams. 

I agree.

After seeing the lack of reaction to both the Landry hit on Williams and now the Gronk hit I think it confirms that the Bills are soft. I know there are differing opinions about how to handle dirty plays but I am in the camp of standing up for your self and team. The lack of reaction, IMO, strikes to one of the main problems with this team, no heart or edge.

• Like (+1) 1

I never like to see anyone get hurt but that hit is one of the many reasons as to why the Steelers are a strong every single year and these bills teams have been pushed around for nearing two decades.

Anyone that knows the history knows Burfict has been a thorn in the Steelers sides for years now with illegal hits, after the whistle plays, etc.  Every steeler knows his name and a rookie fresh off his college campus knows the hatred to have for this team and this guy.

So what do they does he do his first opportunity to do something about it he absolutely lays him out.  Gronk will get a free pass, Landry is still enjoying his free pass.  Hell someone might even exchange jerseys with those two after games.  But the Steelers play with an edge and they remember that above all else you fight to defend your team.  We haven’t had that since the 90s.

Seemingly every coach we’ve had these last twenty years preaches brotherhood and family but how much does that actually play out on the field.  I’ve never seen a team so undisciplined when it matters but so phenomenally disciplined when someone wrongs one of their teammates and they are so quick to casually ask the ref for help.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Disagree with you. Burfict s face mask hit the back of juju s shoulder pads when he was jolted back. bull **** call besides the taunting. Great block

At first I thought that the contact was not helmet to helmet and that JuJu made contact with his shoulder in the upper chest area.

Had that been the case it would have been a legal block. I saw another replay that showed that it was indeed helmet to helmet - and therefore illegal.

59 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Pittsburgh is one tough team, not like the bills. Players come and go and they knock crap out of other teams. 

Whaley wanted to build a PIttsburgh team here.  Didn't happen.  Our players are soft

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

How in the hell does anyone thing this is a cheap shot? Not even close. Perfect block. Cheap shot... lmfao what a joke. Great block juju.

How was it illegal? They were facing each other no helmet to helmet he hit him square in the chest. Legal hit. Great job by the rookie

1. the blocker is moving toward his own end line; and
  2. he approaches the opponent from behind or from the side.

Note: If the near shoulder of the blocker contacts the front of his opponent’s body, the “peel back” block is legal.

Player was moving towards sidelines not endlines. He hit him in the numbers. 

Legal hit

Had he not stood over him and taunted him it would have been a more respected play.  That, the taunting, will probably cost him a fine or a suspension. 

It did again point out how stupid the rules are. He had TWO 15 yard penalties on that play, one for the hit, and one for the taunting, but instead of 30 yards, nope, one penalty is declined, one is accepted. In the Gronk incident, there were two calls against the Patriots, one against the Bills so... it offsets?? WTH! The NFL should have a higher respect for the ref's math skills and change the rules here!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

karma.  Burfict had it coming.  Brady, Gronk, Amendola all have it coming in a few weeks.  Landry next week

That's right.

Finish Gronk for good next time we see them.

I want to see him carted off of the field either writhing in pain or unresponsive.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Plano said:

That's right.

Finish Gronk for good next time we see them.

I want to see him carted off of the field either writhing in pain or unresponsive.

I hate to agree... But, the Buffalo teams cannot allow these types of malicious hits, regardless of what the NHL/NFL does.