Cheap Shot Incident from MNF: Smith-Schuster on Burfict

Fadingpain

Hot on the heels of the Gronk incident came this block/taunt/ugly situation in the MNF game, Bengals vs. Steelers.

Couldn't believe how LOUD the hit was in real time.  They spent a lot of time talking about this during the game and after.

Burfict was KO'd but apparently was able to walk off a stretcher into the locker room on his own power.

Ugly look for the game.

Edited by Fadingpain

Looked like that was payback for something. Given Burfict's history I'll give Shuster the benefit of the doubt. 

Assuming Burfict took a shot at one of their guys earlier I respect it. It would be nice to see a Bills player lay a hit like that on Gronk.

Actually, when you watch it in slow motion it looks like he was leading with the shoulder to make a clean hit.

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Looked like that was payback for something. Given Burfict's history I'll give Shuster the benefit of the doubt. 

Assuming Burfict took a shot at one of their guys earlier I respect it. It would be nice to see a Bills player lay a hit like that on Gronk.

Nothing in this particular game that I recall, but these 2 teams have a pretty good rivalry going with a series of incidents over several games.

A lot will say Burfict deserves everything he gets.

I just didn't like the taunting thing with Juju standing over Burfict while he was knocked silly...

And keep in mind this incident occurred in the same game after Shazier was carried off on a stretcher, seemingly unable to move his legs after a head-first tackle.

This game just got kind of ugly.  

To the above poster, it looked like a clean hit in that Burfict was going after Bell to tackle him, Schuster leads with his shoulder and hits him in the numbers, not the helmet.  The taunting is inexcusable, but the actual hit was legal in my opinion.  Just because he laid him out, it's football.  He wasn't defenseless, or in the back or led with the helmet.

Football is a violent game and with everything Burfict has done over the years to Steelers players, I can see some extra umph to knock him on his ars.  He should get a serious penalty for the taunting, but not the hit.  Just my opinion.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

To the above poster, it looked like a clean hit in that Burfict was going after Bell to tackle him, Schuster leads with his shoulder and hits him in the numbers, not the helmet.  The taunting is inexcusable, but the actual hit was legal in my opinion.  Just because he laid him out, it's football.  He wasn't defenseless, or in the back or led with the helmet.

Football is a violent game and with everything Burfict has done over the years to Steelers players, I can see some extra umph to knock him on his ars.  He should get a serious penalty for the taunting, but not the hit.  Just my opinion.

I don't know what video you saw. but the video on the above link clearly shows an intentional uppercut helmet to helmet hit when they show the slow mo version of it. (54-55 sec on video)

Edited by simpleman
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

So you thought the hit on Aaron Williams was legal?

Live by the sword....Die by the sword

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Actually, when you watch it in slow motion it looks like he was leading with the shoulder to make a clean hit.

Actually as much of a no good pos bum as Gronk is, I'd rather see a hit like that on Brady

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

It's an illegal block in the NFL.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Rob's House said:

Payback for 

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-tfLncD3pGM

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Blindside peel back blocks were made illegal after Hines Ward laid out Keith Rivers.  There is no debate here. 

Really?   If juju made no helmet contact it's still a flag ?     I don't like that if true 

Edited by Air it out Fitzy