Why don't the bills get more Monday night games?

Steptide

2 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Because when we have prime time games fans die...

Wait a minute, here.  Lets the review the facts:

1. Only like a handful of people have died during prime time games in Bufalo and ALL of the bodies were recovered;

2. At least one of those people was a Dolphins fan, so that needs to be accounted for; and

3. Look at how many people almost die during a regular Sunday afternoon game with minimal media coverage!!! Putting Buffalo on at 1PM is simply not an effective deterrent for behavior which may result in death!! 

The facts speak for themselves.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Wait a minute, here.  Lets the review the facts:

1. Only like a handful of people have died during prime time games in Bufalo and ALL of the bodies were recovered;

2. At least one of those people was a Dolphins fan, so that needs to be accounted for; and

3. Look at how many people almost die during a regular Sunday afternoon game with minimal media coverage!!! Putting Buffalo on at 1PM is simply not an effective deterrent for behavior which may result in death!! 

The facts speak for themselves.

Buffalo Bills fans just love danger and abuse 

Its why we are in this toxic relationship with the Bills. Sometimes getting smashed in the face with drywall just eases the pain a bit when we lose

After seeing some of the matchups on Monday Night Football this year, I think they definitely could have given us one. This may have been one of the worst MNF years in a long time. Our MNF matchups the past couple years have actually been pretty competitive games even though we lost. 

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pretty simple to OP.  Because we've sucked for 17 years.

mnf is pretty consistent; win and you're in , lose and you're out.  Bills have no real historical storylines, other than negative ones, therefore not much TV production value; stadium in the middle of nowhere,  no real highlights to show.... . how many vid clips of the serving line at anchor bar can you show?  and did i say the team is dull?   

Edited by 8-8 Forever?

10 hours ago, Steptide said:

Because Cincinnati is just such a powerhouse? Every year their are mnf games with bad teams. Miami is on next Monday and Tampa Bay after that. I get that theirs no way to know who will be good when the schedule comes out, but the bills have had some great Monday night games from a football fan perspective 

Cinci has been relevant in the league as to say they have made the playoffs a few times in the past 20 years.  We suck & everybody knows it + we are in a small market.  Why would they put us on MNF?

Edited by Gordio

Because nobody wants to watch a backup QB play on Monday night football, Tyrod 54 yard games is not good for ratings. Get a better QB and we will get those monday night games IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

Since every team now gets a Thursday night game it became an easy-excuse dumping ground for the League to put a team there that doesn't play well in the evenings and isn't that interesting to watch...box checked.  "Go away, Buffalo and your fans."

NFL: "...wait, wait, wait.  We apologize.

Here's a London game for you, too.

Hey, howzabout you play half your games in Toronto?!"

If the NFL were smart, they'd start showcasing some of the more obscure teams like the Bills to grow interest in those teams and overall interest in the league.  

I think one (of the many reasons) for NFL viewership decline is the average fan is bored of seeing the same teams over and over again.

12 minutes ago, dpberr said:

If the NFL were smart, they'd start showcasing some of the more obscure teams like the Bills to grow interest in those teams and overall interest in the league.  

I think one (of the many reasons) for NFL viewership decline is the average fan is bored of seeing the same teams over and over again.

I think the decline has more to do with the NFL being greedy. Charging to listen to games on radio, charges to watch games that are not on local TV is hurting them. IMO they would have bigger ratings if it was more choices on what games fans get to watch and listen to that are free. IMO many do not pay extra and those are the fans that they are losing in the ratings market. IMO if a later game is on that I do not care about I let the wife talk me into going shopping, boom there goes my rating, not paying for radio broadcasts so I won't even have the headset in to listen while stuck at a store.

IMO the greed gives them some money but also hurts them.

Edited by xRUSHx

i bet its the fact we are small market and dont have any storylines big enough for the MNF team to market properly. Im sure thats what it comes down to. Some of the MNF games this year and last year have been total garbage. My cable pack dont have ESPN so I never get to see them unless I stream or its the NYG or NYJs.

Didnt we play the SEA last year in prime time? That game WAS AWESOME.

At the end of the day its entertainment. Purist like to watch good close games but casuals just want to see the big names regardless of how the games play out.

So they market to casual fans because there are more casuals than purists and that equals MONEY BTCH!!!

15 hours ago, Steptide said:

I understand that our record on mnf since the 07 Dallas Monday night game is bad. Actually we don't even have a win on mnf since 07. 

However, every Monday night game we've been on has been great (from an entertainment standpoint). Set your bills Fandom aside for a minute and think of our Monday night games starting with Dallas. 

Dallas 07

Cleveland 08

Patriots 09

Cleveland 13

Patriots 15

Seahawks 16

I may have forgotten one, but all the ones I listed were great games (again from an entertainment standpoint). All had close scores and some came down to the final minute or second. Imo the NFL should absolutely give the bills at least one mnf game a year. 

Because the Bills do Billsy things in primetime.  It's a service to Bills fans that we DON'T appear in prime time. 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dpberr said:

That only works when that obscure team has some sort of identity. They may not be good yet but they have something that makes them watchable. What non-Bills fan would want to watch this team?