Why don't the bills get more Monday night games?

Steptide

16 hours ago, Steptide said:

I understand that our record on mnf since the 07 Dallas Monday night game is bad. Actually we don't even have a win on mnf since 07. 

However, every Monday night game we've been on has been great (from an entertainment standpoint). Set your bills Fandom aside for a minute and think of our Monday night games starting with Dallas. 

Dallas 07

Cleveland 08

Patriots 09

Cleveland 13

Patriots 15

Seahawks 16

I may have forgotten one, but all the ones I listed were great games (again from an entertainment standpoint). All had close scores and some came down to the final minute or second. Imo the NFL should absolutely give the bills at least one mnf game a year. 

Pretty simple because of the number of years we have been irrelevant we are not a big ratings team. It isn't a surprise that when Rex came here we got a game each year because he attracts media.

Additionally the NFL no longer has it mandatory that every team plays a night game due to ratings falling. I would expect more of the same 12-14 teams next year as they fight the ratings. Game quality frankly doesn't matter its market/relevance, the NFL could care less how many entertaining games we have had.

AND it is well known the Bills very much prefer 1pm games at home which is why even for TNF we are on the road more then home. Because of the distance fans drive from all over they do try to accommodate for that. I know the team in general prefers having 5 of their home games in Sept-Oct because of weather and travel. Add in fan behavior being at nights game at home also and you have your answer of why it is so infrequent. Personally I hate playing at 1 pm every Sunday and wish we had a 4-5 4 pm games along with 2 night games a year but I don't run any of that.

1 hour ago, Chris66 said:

Nfl is punishing Buffalo for not building a stadium. Guarantee once you have one you will get more.

Oh yea thats a big thing too. The stadium is an absolute b*tch for night games to setup, networks hate it and that is a major factor also.

On 12/5/2017 at 7:21 AM, 8-8 Forever? said:

mnf is pretty consistent; win and you're in , lose and you're out.  Bills have no real historical storylines, other than negative ones, therefore not much TV production value; stadium in the middle of nowhere,  no real highlights to show.... . how many vid clips of the serving line at anchor bar can you show?  and did i say the team is dull?   

Agreed bud.  Good call.

Long story short...........when your team sucks and get blown out each week, have no QB, is boring, lets other teams players beat you into a pulp on the sidelines, piss poor coaching decisions,  an anaemic offense,  a sieve of a defense and a backup QB that throws 5 INT's in the first half.........well, it just doesnt make exciting television coverage.

• Sad 1

Just now, Big C said:

Honestly I can't believe the Bills and Browns played together on MNF at any point in NFL history.

The '95 MNF game was a pretty good one actually ... snuck out of the dawg pound with a win. 

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Because they suck and no one wants to watch them, so putting them in front of a national audience is pointless.

Oftentimes the right answers are the most obvious ones

37 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

MNF appearances in 90's - 17 games (9-8)

Since - 7 games (0-7)

That says it all.

Sunday Night Football, 2006 on,  is even worse.

Bills have had 1 game against the Pat's.

We lost 56-10.

Cowboys, Pats, and Colts have had a combined 101 games.

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

That says it all.

Sunday Night Football, 2006 on,  is even worse.

Bills have had 1 game against the Pat's.

We lost 56-10.

Cowboys, Pats, and Colts have had a combined 101 games.

SNF is basically NFC East or the Pats every week. The Bills aren't the only team never on it. I can't recall the Browns, Jags, Titans, Bucs, Bengals, Rams ever being on it either.