Kyle Williams Set a Record for the Most Games Played as a Buffalo Bills' DT

Just now, KW95 said:

I love the guy, but its sad to see him not be able to rush anymore.  

Had a sack on Brady this week. Rushed in so fast Brady curled in the fetal position. He was in the backfield a couple other plays. He has lost a step, but Meatball at 80% of what he once was is still an above average starter.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Had a sack on Brady this week. Rushed in so fast Brady curled in the fetal position. He was in the backfield a couple other plays. He has lost a step, but Meatball at 80% of what he once was is still an above average starter.

The old standing fetal position. I hope the bills players don't treat him like that next week in the Gronk aftermath.

Meatball kindly rolled Tom onto his back. Tomahawk him down next time you see him like that.

9 minutes ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

Oh yes, he is my favourite player on the team, and gets doubled team.....but he use to wreak more havoc before.

It was actually games at DT, passing Smerlas.  He can pass Joe Ferguson into 11th (corrected) place all-time later this year, has to go to next year to move further up the list.  I don't have a link, I heard it on the radio this afternoon.  They said Andre Reed is #1, didn't list the number of games.  I've looked for the career games played by Buffalo Bills and can't find the list.  I finally found the Media Guide (see below). 

Edited by Freddie's Dead

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It was actually games at DT, passing Smerlas.  He can pass Joe Ferguson into 10th place all-time later this year, has to go to next year to move further up the list.  I don't have a link, I heard it on the radio this afternoon.  They said Andre Reed is #1, didn't list the number of games.  I've looked for the career games played by Buffalo Bills and can't find the list.  Anybody got a copy of the 2017 Media Guide?  

Thanks for the correction. 

Games played by Bills

Andre - 221 

Bruce - 217

Ritcher - 203

Devlin - 191

Moorman - 190

Talley - 188

Freeman - 178

Thurman - 173

Pike - 173

Kent - 170

Ferguson - 164

Kyle - 163

Smerlas - 162

So Kyle can tie Joe for 11th next week (sorry, mis-heard that one).  With the advent of free agency, Kyle's record is all the more remarkable.  He's on the WOF the year after he retires. 

12 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Kyle is the man, he may not be the most talented DT we have ever had but he is the best.

And all this talk of him retiring is BS, Kyle is going nowhere.

Never saw sestak play I guess

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....not a "bad find" for a 5th rounder.......

How about sestak

Edited by Helpmenow

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

Never saw sestak play I guess

How sestak

.....shortened career due to injuries, but this should give you a pretty good idea.....

In 1962, following an innovative AFL trend of drafting players from small colleges, the Bills drafted Sestak as a tight end in the 17th round from McNeese State University. Sestak would never play that position for the Bills, but instead became one of the league's greatest defensive tackles. At 6-4, he had the size, speed and strength to handle any offensive lineman.

Sestak was a starter in his rookie year and, until a series of knee injuries ended his career after the 1967 season, used his strength to dominate the line of scrimmage. Sestak was a three-time selection to All-American Football League teams and a unanimous All-AFL defensive tackle in three consecutive years; 1963, 1964 and 1965. Sestak served as the cornerstone of a defense that took the Bills to the playoffs four straight years (1963–1966) and consecutive AFL championships in 1964 and 1965. Over the 1964 and 1965 seasons, Sestak and his defense mates held opposing rushers without a touchdown for seventeen consecutive games, a Professional Football record that still stands. Twice during his outstanding career he realized the defensive lineman's "dream", returning interceptions for touchdowns, and once returned a recovered fumble for a score.

His teammates described his play as "crazy as hell".