The Talk in Scouting Circles: Bills Love Sam Darnold

26CornerBlitz

With two first-round selections thanks to the 2017 draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills are perfectly positioned to move up and select a quarterback. And they would have to, based on the most recent draft order that has them selecting No. 16 and No. 19 overall. 

All the way back in August, I started hearing from rival scouts that folks in Buffalo loved Sam Darnold. When rumors circulated that Darnold wouldn't want to go to Cleveland (which he squashed), a source connected to the Bills front office texted me to ask if the USC passer would rebuff the Bills.

Darnold won't be on the board for long—in fact he might be the first pick, if he declares—but there is serious smoke connecting the Bills to him.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

What team wouldn't want a Sam Darnold waiting in the wings 

but i still maintain he will stay for his RS JR year

Maybe, but if he just tells the Browns “hey, I REALLY don’t want to be a part of your team”, Cleveland will know to either take Rosen or trade out. And I think the idea of being a top-5 Pick (probably top-3 at the latest), is too strong of a pull. Also, the kid seems extremely competitive and I could see him wanting to test himself at the next level. 

1 minute ago, Dkollidas said:

Maybe, but if he just tells the Browns “hey, I REALLY don’t want to be a part of your team”, Cleveland will know to either take Rosen or trade out. And I think the idea of being a top-5 Pick (probably top-3 at the latest), is too strong of a pull. Also, the kid seems extremely competitive and I could see him wanting to test himself at the next level. 

I mean All reports out of USC are that he wants to stay 1 more year.

it didn't hurt Luck. He is a RS sophomore and he has some things he needs to work on. It's better to work out the deficiencies in college.

if he comes out and he falls to us. Hallelujah 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I mean All reports out of USC are that he wants to stay 1 more year.

it didn't hurt Luck. He is a RS sophomore and he has some things he needs to work on. It's better to work out the deficiencies in college.

if he comes out and he falls to us. Hallelujah 

Not really the case from what I've seen lately and he plans on graduating in the Spring to have his education completed.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not really the case from what I've seen lately and he plans on graduating in the Spring to have his education completed.

I mean the last real reports coming out in October / November had him staying

he said last week that he wouldn't go back just because the browns had the first pick... meaning he would play for the browns

but he also didn't say he was going to go to the NFL this year

its a toss up only Darnold knows

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I mean the last real reports coming out in October / November had him staying

he said last week that he wouldn't go back just because the browns had the first pick... meaning he would play for the browns

but he also didn't say he was going to go to the NFL this year

its a toss up only Darnold knows

Absolutely the case. 

7 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

These "Bills love him" rumors come up every year and are almost always wrong.  We shall see how things evolve as April approaches.

They were spot on with Peterman. Reports that McD loved him and was very impressed with his workouts. We will never know if the Whaley/Watson love was real. 

17 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They were spot on with Peterman. Reports that McD loved him and was very impressed with his workouts. We will never know if the Whaley/Watson love was real. 

They also said Bills love Carson Wentz. They have to be able to draft him or what does it matter?

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

They also said Bills love Carson Wentz. They have to be able to draft him or what does it matter?

2 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes, that is true about Peterman.  I don’t recall any discussion about White or Jones but could be forgetting.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.