The Talk in Scouting Circles: Bills Love Sam Darnold

26CornerBlitz

4 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

Yes, that is true about Peterman.  I don’t recall any discussion about White or Jones but could be forgetting.

Nothing on White except if you follow Astro on here at draft time, he said the Bills visited LSU  more than any school. Most of us figured they were after Jamaal Adams. As far as Zay, just  the connection with hiring his WR coach but no “buzz”

Edited by YoloinOhio

50 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nothing on White except if you follow Astro on here at draft time, he said the Bills visited LSU  more than any school. Most of us figured they were after Jamaal Adams. As far as Zay, just  the connection with hiring his WR coach but no “buzz”

Thanks.  I joined here just before the draft so didn’t see Astro’s prognostications.  

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Darnold...........Jimmy Claussen 2.0/Ryan Mallett 2.0/JP Losman 2.0

Why do you think so? 

Just out of curiousity. 

And if not Darnold who do you like, Mayfield? Jackson? Rosen? All of them? None of them? 

Personally i I think it’s close between Darnold and Rosen for top of the class. Rosen is probably more pro ready, whereas if Darnold is your guy, you might want to have a vet in front of him for half a season. 

1 hour ago, Dkollidas said:

Why do you think so? 

Just out of curiousity. 

And if not Darnold who do you like, Mayfield? Jackson? Rosen? All of them? None of them? 

Personally i I think it’s close between Darnold and Rosen for top of the class. Rosen is probably more pro ready, whereas if Darnold is your guy, you might want to have a vet in front of him for half a season. 

I like Rosen.......i think he just might be the most NFL ready of the class.

I'm just not sold on Darnold. When he was having some bad games, it seemed to fluster him and although i think he may be close to being NFL ready, i'm afraid that a team like the Bills just might expect too much from him too fast and just ruin him. 

What ive seen from him is that when hes good, hes good and when hes bad, hes really bad..........and sometimes it doesn't take much to throw him off his game and when he does get flustered, he makes some really bad decisions.

I'm not sure which team will pick Jackson...........he's a scrambler, although he turned into a thrower mid-season, he will always revert back to what he knows best and thats running the ball. Scrambling QB's don't have much use in todays NFL, with teams opting for the aerial game.

I do like the kid, but not for the Bills.

Mayfield will probably be one of the first QB's to go in the draft just on hype alone. I dont like him...........nuff said.

It is nice that they love Sam Darnold, but if he goes into the draft, they are already out of reach and a few misguided and meaningless wins against Colts and Dolphins will take them further out of reach.

i am not saying “tank”, but any wins the rest of the year undermine their ability to improve.

3 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

It is nice that they love Sam Darnold, but if he goes into the draft, they are already out of reach and a few misguided and meaningless wins against Colts and Dolphins will take them further out of reach.

i am not saying “tank”, but any wins the rest of the year undermine their ability to improve.

Then I’ll say it for u...we should have been tanking since McD took over...everyone was willing to give him a pass this year, especially if meant landing Darnold.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 6:02 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

With two first-round selections thanks to the 2017 draft-day trade with the Kansas City Chiefs, the Buffalo Bills are perfectly positioned to move up and select a quarterback. And they would have to, based on the most recent draft order that has them selecting No. 16 and No. 19 overall. 

All the way back in August, I started hearing from rival scouts that folks in Buffalo loved Sam Darnold. When rumors circulated that Darnold wouldn't want to go to Cleveland (which he squashed), a source connected to the Bills front office texted me to ask if the USC passer would rebuff the Bills.

Darnold won't be on the board for long—in fact he might be the first pick, if he declares—but there is serious smoke connecting the Bills to him.

Just out of curiosity, could these have been the scouts from when Whaley was here? Or was that crew gone by then? Justnout of curiosity. 

Also, I could see Buffalo really liking Rudolph as well as Darnold. Similar in that they both have prototype size, good character traits, seem relatively intelligent, etc. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.