2018 East-West Shrine Game

Mark Vader

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 2:16 AM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Big fan of O'Connell, kid is a giant and lean, moves well for  a 6'9" 368 man.

He's played guard for the most part which I actually think will hurt him.  Not many NFL teams like having tall interior lineman.  It can blind the QB and hurt the passing lanes.  If someone likes him as a tackle...then I think he will be taken in the upper rounds.

2 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

He's played guard for the most part which I actually think will hurt him.  Not many NFL teams like having tall interior lineman.  It can blind the QB and hurt the passing lanes.  If someone likes him as a tackle...then I think he will be taken in the upper rounds.

Kevin Gogan was 6'8" and got up to 340 and was one of the best guards ever , always hoped he would come to Buffalo but sadly never happened. Guy was a beast and known for being dirty but it was to get under the defenders skin not to just be a dick.

I don't like big tackles in today's NFL as they get burned to easily by speedy defenders.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 5:58 PM, YoloinOhio said:

Just saw that OT jamarco Jones, LB chris Worley and JT Barrett are playing in this game. Kind of surprised that Jones didn’t get a Senior Bowl invite. 

Doesn't mean that he cannot get a late invite.

We've seen players invited to the Senior Bowl after they have played in the Shrine Game.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....Jesus, that's Langston Walker size (OT though)...............

He's too big for tackle, I think he would really struggle with today's faster DEs. He is surprisingly lean maybe he could but he already plays guard so switching to tackle would be tough.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

He's too big for tackle, I think he would really struggle with today's faster DEs. He is surprisingly lean maybe he could but he already plays guard so switching to tackle would be tough.

...LOL....remember when Dopey Dickie Jauron switched Langston from the right side to the blind side?.........I don't think the guy has flinched YET...............

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.