All 3 former Bills coaches now division co-leaders

Foreigner

11 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

the lead in the AFC West  today.

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

Is this post QB related?

I know Bortles is no world beater but the other 2 have QB's now.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess.

But Marrone didn't have a "franchise QB" in Bortles when he showed up.  Bortles was awful and now has moves up to decent.

He kind of fluctuates. Wasn't he pretty good for a while then that business with Chad Henne happened?

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess.

But Marrone didn't have a "franchise QB" in Bortles when he showed up.  Bortles was awful and now has moves up to decent.

A lot of this is being lost in Jax this year, sure Marrone has turned around the defense quickly. But he's also salvaged Blake Bortles career and made him look serviceable, if not very good at times, this season.

Regardless give St. Doug credit for calling out the Pegula Clownshow right away and wanting no part of this franchise any longer. Fans will continue to bash him for 'quitting' on the Bills but in hindsight he made the right move even if he was forced to be an assistant a few years before getting a HC gig again.

Lynn inherited a decent team with a franchise QB that's in a bad division where he is lucky to be tied at the top because they early leader imploded in unbelievable fashion and last year's leader regressed. He might be a good HC, but I wouldn't put them as being a division leader because of coaching

The Titans and Jags are leading a bad division. The Titans have been off and on this year and there's been rumors that they may not keep MM around. The Jags have been bad and collected a lot of talent and built a great defence. As much as Bills fans don't want to believe it, Marone is a good coach, he has a team that is young and good that's winning because of a great defence and a one dimensional offence.

It's funny cause outside of Schwartz and maybe Lynn, the rest of them were being run out of town by the same fans upset they are succeeding elsewhere. Marrone may have quit, but the fans are disappointed more cause they didn't get to see him fired like they wanted. As for Schwartz and Lynn, they weren't huge favorites around here to keep around as HCs, most wanted them to stay as coordinators.

8 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

A lot of this is being lost in Jax this year, sure Marrone has turned around the defense quickly. But he's also salvaged Blake Bortles career and made him look serviceable, if not very good at times, this season.

Regardless give St. Doug credit for calling out the Pegula Clownshow right away and wanting no part of this franchise any longer. Fans will continue to bash him for 'quitting' on the Bills but in hindsight he made the right move even if he was forced to be an assistant a few years before getting a HC gig again.

The defense was good prior to Marrone becoming HC.

Who knew Mcvay would of been the right coach to hire. Making Goff look good after how terrible he was last year. Mcvay is calling the audibles in his headset. Sean is getting praise all across the league for his fresh take on offense. In Buffalo we often focus on getting a defensive minded coach that gets an offensive coordinator that focuses on the running game partially because our qb's have sucked since the short time we had Bledsoe. 

We need to get a young fresh offensive mind that can mold our rookie QB next year and grow with him and mold him into what we want. I hope from there McDermott can right the ship on defense and go from there. Our old retread coaches and coordinators sans Marrone will all wash out eventually. Even though I thought Lynn has a chance to be decent. 

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I guess.

I don't even know about that, their offence is pretty much run by the RBs. Teams have to protect against the run instead of worrying Bortles may pass it. I think alot of their regular game plans look like the saints when they ran it 20+ times in a row

14 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

the lead in the AFC West  today.

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

All 3 have QBs that's better than Tyrod!!!

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think the point is that they are now not underachieving anymore...with new coaching.

One of them has....Blake Bortles.

Except they still are...they are 6-6.

With Philip "I'll put up huge numbers but won't make the playoffs" Rivers as their QB...

Yeah and they also have the most talented defense in the NFL loaded with high picks and added Dareus to fix their last remaining weakness...

FYI, Kirk Cousins is Philip Rivers 2.0

Edited by matter2003

47 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Except they still are...they are 6-6.

With Philip "I'll put up huge numbers but won't make the playoffs" Rivers as their QB...

Yeah and they also have the most talented defense in the NFL loaded with high picks and added Dareus to fix their last remaining weakness...

FYI, Kirk Cousins is Philip Rivers 2.0

The Jags were 3-13 last year, now they are 8-4.  How can anyone claim they are underachieving??  Their defense stunk last year.  Now it's number one.

I agree with you on Rivers though--total choker.  But that team is on a roll late in the season, when it matters.  But Lynn seemed like a cardboard cutout when he was here.  They'll choke.

This thread is not about strong or weak divisions and not about QBs. It is about the fact that these three

coaches were hired again once they were gone from Buffalo. People believed in these guys, and they are

having success. The question is why did they fail here, and were given another chance

I think the answer is complex with various reasons. You can say Ownership, GMs, money, talent, experience

or whatever. You can even say our coach is having success at 6-6. I disagree but see the other viewpoint.

The point is the three are doing well, and we are going on eighteen years of not doing well. Something, or

some things are wrong here and we are never are able to fix it.

1 minute ago, Foreigner said:

This thread is not about strong or weak divisions and not about QBs. It is about the fact that these three

coaches were hired again once they were gone from Buffalo. People believed in these guys, and they are

having success. The question is why did they fail here, and were given another chance

I think the answer is complex with various reasons. You can say Ownership, GMs, money, talent, experience

or whatever. You can even say our coach is having success at 6-6. I disagree but see the other viewpoint.

The point is the three are doing well, and we are going on eighteen years of not doing well. Something, or

some things are wrong here and we are never are able to fix it.

Why did they fail?  One quit because he was paranoid that Marv was going to take his job. One quit because he was power hungry and thought he could walk into a job with the Jets (wrong).  And one it came down to him and McDermott and we chose McD, whose team has the same record as coach#3.

Mularkey quit one HC job and got fired from another before landing with the Titans.  Marrone had to take a job as an assistant O line coach and claw his way back up.  Maybe they've each matured and learned something since their stints here.

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Jags were 3-13 last year, now they are 8-4.  How can anyone claim they are underachieving??  Their defense stunk last year.  Now it's number one.

I agree with you on Rivers though--total choker.  But that team is on a roll late in the season, when it matters.  But Lynn seemed like a cardboard cutout when he was here.  They'll choke.

Exactly...it was underachieving and has been...Jacksonville was supposed to be what they are this year for the last 2 or 3 years now...

5 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

The best thing Lynn did was to hire Whisenhunt and Gus Bradley as his coordinators. Mike McCoy had rivers for a bunch of years and did nothing.

Lynn has done a nice job so far, especially by hiring 2 experienced coordinators

I would much rather have Lynn/Whisenhunt/Bradley than Mcd/Dennison/Frazier

I just think it's a poor argument on which coach did better if this bills team had Philip rivers I have to believe that they would be an 11 win team and McD would be the genius 

22 minutes ago, BILLriant said:

I just think it's a poor argument on which coach did better if this bills team had Philip rivers I have to believe that they would be an 11 win team and McD would be the genius 

I don't think.so at all. Here's Rivers wins loss record the past two years under Mike McCoy, the man the Bills wanted instead of Rico.

2016. 5 and 11

2015. 4 and 12

Don't underestimate the job Lynn and his crew have done with this team. They now have more of a balanced attack with Whisenhunt calling plays, and their pass defence is arguably the best in the league now. It's alot more then just having a good QB as I have shown to you above.

Edited by billsfan11

16 hours ago, BigDingus said:

One thing they had in common while they were here - they all had crap QB's.

Well the idea that they can't win has been debunked. It's often more about the right situation and the right players than anything else.

And as Bills fans, we don't have much patience anymore. We're so sick of losing year after year that we end up shooting ourselves in the foot by firing head coaches & coordinators over & over. We have a new defensive or offensive system every year. We have coaches wasting time cutting all the old regime's players, then spending the draft & Free Agency replacing the holes they created. By then we're still losing, so we fire them & start over.

Just look at this board. We have people already calling to fire Dennison & McDermott.... They try to justify it through some mental gymnastics. One thing's for sure - if we fired them before the end of their first season, we'd be guaranteed to only have the bottom of the barrel of coaches willing to come here. Nobody worth a damn would even step foot in this toxic environment with such a short leash.

At this point, after 18 years, and countless pats* games, I’m already ready to fire the next coach.

In all seriousness, though, Dennison's days look numbered.