All 3 former Bills coaches now division co-leaders

Foreigner

On 12/4/2017 at 12:34 AM, Foreigner said:

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

the lead in the AFC West  today.

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

Outside of Marrone who is riding off a strong running game and defense, the other two have Marcus Mariota and Phillip Rivers. We have.......well......it's been discussed many times over. 

On 12/4/2017 at 9:00 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

If the Bills were in the AFC West, we would be tied for 1st as well.  

Do you think Jacksonville, TN or LA is in first if they were in the same division as the Pats?

Brilliant!!! 

1 team has an excellent Defense and the others have a QB.  (of which many many here wanted to see in Buffalo) 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

LAs a legit super bowl contender. Jacksonville can do some damage in the playoffs as well. 

:censored:  you made me spit out my coffee!

Legit?  smh I don't think so.  

Giants, Raiders, Broncos, Bills and Cleveland. Powerhouses!!!!!   I can give them a well done against the Cowboys minus their best offensive weapon.  

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Still wouldnt win the division. Maybe the West, but Chargers kicked our ass(thanks to Nate) and are a better team without question. 

Yes, they were a better team that day.  (possibly because of that disastrous decision at QB).

Remember when Buff won 6 in a row then lost to the Steelers 3rd string players? 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

What? 

When did we play the Rams? And they beat the Saints a couple weeks ago.

Rams?   Did I make a typo?

that was the Chargers schedule.  

RE the Saints - Washington almost beat the Saints in N'Awlins.  

The Bills defense was horrendous for 3 weeks and the offense wasn't much better. 

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

How come they weren't winning last year with a good defense? 

Marrones a good HEAD COACH. I get it, hard to admit but it's true. The guy motivates his players, has them ready to play and they play their asses off for him. 

Maybe sweep the Colts. Maybe split with the Titans and Texans and Jacksonville would probably sweep us. 

Still wouldnt win the division. Maybe the West, but Chargers kicked our ass(thanks to Nate) and are a better team without question. 

The Jags didn't have a good defense last year (8th worst in PPG allowed).  And Marrone doesn't coach defense and doesn't scout/draft the players.

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I meant the Rams were super bowl contenders.(You said LA I thought Rams)

Chargers will win that division.... even if the Bills were in it.

:thumbsup:   LAC vs LAR.  

confusing it is.    in time (if neither moves soon)  it will be as common as the New Jersey Giants and Jets 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Why did he quit on the team?   They had talent.  The QB situation is no worse that what he has now. 

Why did Doug Marrone quit the Bills? Still a mystery

www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/...

Doug Marrone will make his first appearance at New Era Field since he quit the Bills in 2014.

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

What's their offense ranked this year, doc?

They're 7th in scoring offense.  Last year they were 25th...with Doug coaching the offense. 

56 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's essentially the same roster as last season. 

The guy can coach. His teams are ALWAYS competitive. 

Again, he doesn't coach defense. 

31 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why did he quit on the team?   They had talent.  The QB situation is no worse that what he has now. 

Why did Doug Marrone quit the Bills? Still a mystery

www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2016/...

Doug Marrone will make his first appearance at New Era Field since he quit the Bills in 2014.

It's no secret. Saint Doug quit because he had an easy and financially beneficial out in his contract. And he used that out because he confused effort with results and thought he would be sought-after because he led the lowly Bills to their first *winning record in 10 years. He thought he had the Jets HC job in the bag. He overplayed his hand.

He's still a dime-a-dozen football coach who can't get along with people.

* 9th win came against Patriots backups

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Nope, but they are still playoff teams if they are in the East. 

LAs a legit super bowl contender. Jacksonville can do some damage in the playoffs as well. 

But Marrones got nothing to do with that.?

Oh Jacksonville is a playoff team in the east?  They'll have to play the Pats twice and the one AFC East team they lost to this year was the Jets.  Yeah...they'll just walk through the east.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's essentially the same roster as last season. 

The guy can coach. His teams are ALWAYS competitive. 

Same roster - except for two of their best players in Calais Campbell and AJ Bouye. The rest are young guys who are all a year older.

Jaguars may have the most stacked defensive roster in the NFL thanks to the very talented David Caldwell, who has been building the franchise for years now. I think the Jags' "success" this season (against the easiest schedule in the NFL fwiw) is more an indictment on the incompetence of Gus Bradley than it is a credit to Marrone.

You call 6-10 in 2013 competitive? To each their own I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's not worth much.

They crushed the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Their roster is certainly stacked defensively. I find it crazy to just brush aside Marrone and give him 0 credit at all. The guys a solid coach. He's a dick but he can coach. 

Just another meathead glorified gym teacher. Which probably makes him an average NFL head coach.