All 3 former Bills coaches now division co-leaders

Foreigner

8 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

the lead in the AFC West  today.

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

If the Bills were in the AFC West, we would be tied for 1st as well.  

Do you think Jacksonville, TN or LA is in first if they were in the same division as the Pats?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Before the season, all the fans expected us to not be even semi-competitive and to win 5 or less games. That hasn't happened. To try and now describe the "proper way to lose" (as if there is such a thing) is ridiculous. And to expect a coach to actually TRY and tank is even more absurd. 

Armchair judgement is just goofy in and of itself. Trading for Benjamin made complete sense at the time. When you're exceeding all expectations, try and give the offense a much needed upgrade and hope to help support the defense that's winning us games. Signing Anquan Boldin a move every team does, sign experienced vets for short contracts to fill spots. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Convincing Kyle to come back is solely on Kyle. He's a grown-*** man and makes his own choices. He has been a part of this team forever, and not once sniffed the playoffs. To think he didn't know what he was getting into is absolute speculation and nonsense. He knows we have a rookie head coach, and are building for the future, it's all on him if he wanted to stay...He wouldn't blame others, and neither should you. It's all conjecture and a non-issue.

If you think starting Peterman was about Peterman more than it was about Tyrod, you're looking at the wrong thing. The offense sucked. It has sucked all  year. It still sucks. We were losing more & more ground with a huge inept offense that was desperate. Our defense had won us 5 games, but when the turnovers and dominant play stopped, so did the team. They've been winning in spite of a horrendous offense all year. Throwing for sub-100 yards multiple games, and leading the league in 3 & outs is a great way to get stomped. He made a change to see if something would change. It didn't. At least he tried SOMETHING instead of sitting by and watching the collapse like a bystander as we crap away the season ONCE AGAIN (this isn't the first Bills team to get off to a fast start, then nearly lose out the remainder of the season).

Trading Sammy was again, before the season started. We only had him for another year, might as well get something out of him. How can you be against Benjamin and for Sammy? Mesh with Tyrod's skillset? You mean his skill to dump off to RB's on 3rd & long? Or the skill to never throw to anyone unless they're 6 yards open on all sides? A good receiver is a good receiver. It's up to the QB to get him the ball. McDermott didn't know we would be 5-2 almost half way through the season. Nobody did. So trying to obtain draft capital heading into the season isn't shocking in any way.

Dennison, Gailey, Roman, Lynn, Hackett, etc. are always the scapegoat for why our offense sucks. One thing they've had in common? The QB sucks. They don't execute. Every friggin year people point to the OC when the offense fails, but it makes no sense when game after game there are countless plays left on the field that were screwed up by the guy behind center. Romo pointed out countless times Tyrod's ineptitude (in the nicest ways possible), throwing a dump pass to a man in double coverage short of the sticks, while if he just looked 3 feet over he had a man wide open. Dennison didn't make Tyrod run 19 yards backwards & take a sack. Dennison didn't make Tyrod throw at O'leary's feet when he had 15 yards of open space in the KC game that made him have to fall short of a 3rd down, giving the ball back to the Chiefs with a chance for them to win the game (fortunately the defense bailed him out), Dennison didn't make Taylor throw a softball right to a defender on 1st & goal, Dennison didn't make Tyrod throw over receiver's heads... I mean it happens ALL THE TIME, yet we just implement a new scheme every damn year, as if that'll just flip a switch.

In 2017, you have to be able to pass the ball. Trying to be a running team with only spurts of passing when needed is cute, but ineffective. It's basically a nice way of saying "it's our only option because we don't have a QB capable of being a QB." And yes, the O-line matters too, and it needs to be upgraded, but that again just leads to execution on the field. The line is not executing, just as Tyrod is not executing. Go ahead, hope the coaching carousel continues. I've had enough. 

Couldn't have said it better.  This offseason should be quite telling.

8 hours ago, Foreigner said:

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

And  former HC, Wade Philips has his defense playing well and leading their division out in LA and while not a HC here, he was wanted for the position by fans. DC Jim Schwartz is riding high with the 10-2 eagles. 

Edited by PeterGriffin

7 hours ago, matter2003 said:

You mean the one division leader with the same record as we have?

We are a team in transition..the others have been underachieving with young talent for years.

I think the point is that they are now not underachieving anymore...with new coaching.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Guess what they all have, and had before they joined the team?  

One of them has....Blake Bortles.

9 hours ago, BigDingus said:

One thing they had in common while they were here - they all had crap QB's.

Well the idea that they can't win has been debunked. It's often more about the right situation and the right players than anything else.

And as Bills fans, we don't have much patience anymore. We're so sick of losing year after year that we end up shooting ourselves in the foot by firing head coaches & coordinators over & over. We have a new defensive or offensive system every year. We have coaches wasting time cutting all the old regime's players, then spending the draft & Free Agency replacing the holes they created. By then we're still losing, so we fire them & start over.

Just look at this board. We have people already calling to fire Dennison & McDermott.... They try to justify it through some mental gymnastics. One thing's for sure - if we fired them before the end of their first season, we'd be guaranteed to only have the bottom of the barrel of coaches willing to come here. Nobody worth a damn would even step foot in this toxic environment with such a short leash.

That's one of the interesting observations about Saint Doug. He quickly saw that EJ was useless and never going to be a QB. In desperation he got Kyle Orton who actually was a decent option in his offensive scheme. He took so much heat from the fans for benching EJ but ultimately he was right to do it. EJ was useless and continues to be so.  Marrone was a dick but compared to the others at least he figured out what we could work with and was able to get the best out of them.   Mularkey had Bledsoe for one season but the decline was already evident. Losman was garbage and Holcomb was marginal at best. Mularkey overall was a weak coach, didnt work with what he had. wanted to do things his way and didnt adjust that for his players.  Anthony Lin, never had a chance to lead this team so I don't really sweat letting him go.

7 hours ago, BILLriant said:

Lynn inherited a franchise quarterback so there's that 

The best thing Lynn did was to hire Whisenhunt and Gus Bradley as his coordinators. Mike McCoy had rivers for a bunch of years and did nothing.

Lynn has done a nice job so far, especially by hiring 2 experienced coordinators

36 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

That's one of the interesting observations about Saint Doug. He quickly saw that EJ was useless and never going to be a QB. In desperation he got Kyle Orton who actually was a decent option in his offensive scheme. He took so much heat from the fans for benching EJ but ultimately he was right to do it. EJ was useless and continues to be so.  Marrone was a dick but compared to the others at least he figured out what we could work with and was able to get the best out of them.   Mularkey had Bledsoe for one season but the decline was already evident. Losman was garbage and Holcomb was marginal at best. Mularkey overall was a weak coach, didnt work with what he had. wanted to do things his way and didnt adjust that for his players.  Anthony Lin, never had a chance to lead this team so I don't really sweat letting him go.

I would much rather have Lynn/Whisenhunt/Bradley than Mcd/Dennison/Frazier

Edited by billsfan11

11 hours ago, Foreigner said:

others can tell me. 

None of them have two games a year against the Patriots and their respective divisions look weak.  

others can tell me. 

It means that they learned from their stupid mistakes from being first time head coaches in Buffalo, and figured out that they should do things differently in their new jobs.

others can tell me. 

And all three of them are likely on their way to the playoffs, hope Pegula Sports and Entertainment is paying close attention.

1 minute ago, SaviorPeterman said:

And all three of them are likely on their way to the playoffs, hope Pegula Sports and Entertainment is paying close attention.

All three got their franchise quarterback by being the worst (or second worst) team in the NFL at one point.