All 3 former Bills coaches now division co-leaders

Foreigner

Tennessee and Jacksonville tied for the AFC South lead, and the LA Chargers tied for

the lead in the AFC West  today.

All Coached by former Bills Coaches who either weren't good enough here or had to get

away from this organization. I!m not smart enough to know what that means, maybe

others can tell me. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

This is awesome. I cannot wait to wake up, and eat sadness for breakfast. Hopefully it comes with a side of “swift kick in the nuts”, gotta get the blood going in the AM.

I've been reading posts here for a long, long time.

Never read one quite like this...............

you gotta be strong to be a Bills fan, dude............

Just now, B Fan in LA said:

I've been reading posts here for a long, long time.

Never read one quite like this...............

you gotta be strong to be a Bills fan, dude............

Not serious at all... I’ve become completely numb to losing. It’s the status quo for buffalo sports. 

Marrone just left so there's not much we could've done there.  We have the same record as Lynn as they're in a terrible division (we went 3-1 against the AFC West).  Mike Mularkey's all time head coaching record is 34-50 and his playoff record is 0-0.  A lot of drive by analysis going on right now.

• Like (+1) 6

Doug Marrone looks like someone who will die of heart disease... soon.

Maybe I went too far.

Anthony Lynn I can't complain about, I wish him the best.

Mularkey is so far back. The statute of limitations has worn out with all the other **** that's happened with this franchise since then. I was nervous, but I'm pretty confident by now that Mariota sucks and it's fools gold what they have going on right now. That's the worst division in football, and it's not even close in my opinion. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

One thing they had in common while they were here - they all had crap QB's.

Well the idea that they can't win has been debunked. It's often more about the right situation and the right players than anything else.

And as Bills fans, we don't have much patience anymore. We're so sick of losing year after year that we end up shooting ourselves in the foot by firing head coaches & coordinators over & over. We have a new defensive or offensive system every year. We have coaches wasting time cutting all the old regime's players, then spending the draft & Free Agency replacing the holes they created. By then we're still losing, so we fire them & start over.

Just look at this board. We have people already calling to fire Dennison & McDermott.... They try to justify it through some mental gymnastics. One thing's for sure - if we fired them before the end of their first season, we'd be guaranteed to only have the bottom of the barrel of coaches willing to come here. Nobody worth a damn would even step foot in this toxic environment with such a short leash.

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 1

McDermott should take notice and walk away after this season.

7 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Just look at this board. We have people already calling to fire Dennison & McDermott.... They try to justify it through some mental gymnastics. One thing's for sure - if we fired them before the end of their first season, we'd be guaranteed to only have the bottom of the barrel of coaches willing to come here. Nobody worth a damn would even step foot in this toxic environment with such a short leash.

That's probably the best and only reason to keep McDermott by the time the season ends. It's an unfortunate catch 22. You want to get rid of the guy because he sucks and you have no faith in his process but if you get rid of him you won't be able to get a good coach. Got to swallow the pill and ride it out for one more year at least. 

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

One thing they had in common while they were here - they all had crap QB's.

Well the idea that they can't win has been debunked. It's often more about the right situation and the right players than anything else.

And as Bills fans, we don't have much patience anymore. We're so sick of losing year after year that we end up shooting ourselves in the foot by firing head coaches & coordinators over & over. We have a new defensive or offensive system every year. We have coaches wasting time cutting all the old regime's players, then spending the draft & Free Agency replacing the holes they created. By then we're still losing, so we fire them & start over.

There's only 32 jobs and no one is hiring with Brady at QB. I think the argument is over played. And I wouldn't say people are going through mental gymnastics. They've made a lot of questionable decsions. I'll try to do it in order.

1) Keeping Tyrod

2) Hiring Dennison and implementing a scheme that doesn't suit Tyrod or the O-line as it is constructed.

3) Convincing Kyle to come back ( to be continued)

4) Signing Anquan and selling him, as they did on KW to win now and compete. Mentor younger players.

5) Trade Sammy just days after completing move 4. This probably causes Anquan to retire.

6)Trading Dareus, so now you have to really rely on Kyle to produce. 

7) Trading for Benjamin because we now are short at WR. A WR who btw was never going to mesh with Tyrod's skill set. (Btw, how did we end up so short WR?)

8) Somehow thinking Peterman is capable to start when he was so obviously not.

They've made plenty of decisions over the course of a year that just do not go together and you have people calling this a plan.

I don't think I did any mental gymnastics. It's just we have two morons running the franchise, once again. Again, you only have 32 of these jobs and they are always picking at the bottom of the barrel.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

They pick at the bottom of the barrel because its all about the money. They owe Rex for three

more years, so they got these two guys cheap. You want proven coaches, GMs or football

czars to run the program  you need to pay them good money. When they say its not about the money

it IS about the money. Money talks and bull---- walks.

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

There's only 32 jobs and no one is hiring with Brady at QB. I think the argument is over played. And I wouldn't say people are going through mental gymnastics. They've made a lot of questionable decsions. I'll try to do it in order.

1) Keeping Tyrod

2) Hiring Dennison and implementing a scheme that doesn't suit Tyrod or the O-line as it is constructed.

3) Convincing Kyle to come back ( to be continued)

4) Signing Anquan and selling him, as they did on KW to win now and compete. Mentor younger players.

5) Trade Sammy just days after completing move 4. This probably causes Anquan to retire.

6)Trading Dareus, so now you have to really rely on Kyle to produce. 

7) Trading for Benjamin because we now are short at WR. A WR who btw was never going to mesh with Tyrod's skill set. (Btw, how did we end up so short WR?)

8) Somehow thinking Peterman is capable to start when he was so obviously not.

They've made plenty of decisions over the course of a year that just do not go together and you have people calling this a plan.

I don't think I did any mental gymnastics. It's just we have two morons running the franchise, once again. Again, you only have 32 of these jobs and they are always picking at the bottom of the barrel.

Before the season, all the fans expected us to not be even semi-competitive and to win 5 or less games. That hasn't happened. To try and now describe the "proper way to lose" (as if there is such a thing) is ridiculous. And to expect a coach to actually TRY and tank is even more absurd. 

Armchair judgement is just goofy in and of itself. Trading for Benjamin made complete sense at the time. When you're exceeding all expectations, try and give the offense a much needed upgrade and hope to help support the defense that's winning us games. Signing Anquan Boldin a move every team does, sign experienced vets for short contracts to fill spots. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Convincing Kyle to come back is solely on Kyle. He's a grown-*** man and makes his own choices. He has been a part of this team forever, and not once sniffed the playoffs. To think he didn't know what he was getting into is absolute speculation and nonsense. He knows we have a rookie head coach, and are building for the future, it's all on him if he wanted to stay...He wouldn't blame others, and neither should you. It's all conjecture and a non-issue.

If you think starting Peterman was about Peterman more than it was about Tyrod, you're looking at the wrong thing. The offense sucked. It has sucked all  year. It still sucks. We were losing more & more ground with a huge inept offense that was desperate. Our defense had won us 5 games, but when the turnovers and dominant play stopped, so did the team. They've been winning in spite of a horrendous offense all year. Throwing for sub-100 yards multiple games, and leading the league in 3 & outs is a great way to get stomped. He made a change to see if something would change. It didn't. At least he tried SOMETHING instead of sitting by and watching the collapse like a bystander as we crap away the season ONCE AGAIN (this isn't the first Bills team to get off to a fast start, then nearly lose out the remainder of the season).

Trading Sammy was again, before the season started. We only had him for another year, might as well get something out of him. How can you be against Benjamin and for Sammy? Mesh with Tyrod's skillset? You mean his skill to dump off to RB's on 3rd & long? Or the skill to never throw to anyone unless they're 6 yards open on all sides? A good receiver is a good receiver. It's up to the QB to get him the ball. McDermott didn't know we would be 5-2 almost half way through the season. Nobody did. So trying to obtain draft capital heading into the season isn't shocking in any way.

Dennison, Gailey, Roman, Lynn, Hackett, etc. are always the scapegoat for why our offense sucks. One thing they've had in common? The QB sucks. They don't execute. Every friggin year people point to the OC when the offense fails, but it makes no sense when game after game there are countless plays left on the field that were screwed up by the guy behind center. Romo pointed out countless times Tyrod's ineptitude (in the nicest ways possible), throwing a dump pass to a man in double coverage short of the sticks, while if he just looked 3 feet over he had a man wide open. Dennison didn't make Tyrod run 19 yards backwards & take a sack. Dennison didn't make Tyrod throw at O'leary's feet when he had 15 yards of open space in the KC game that made him have to fall short of a 3rd down, giving the ball back to the Chiefs with a chance for them to win the game (fortunately the defense bailed him out), Dennison didn't make Taylor throw a softball right to a defender on 1st & goal, Dennison didn't make Tyrod throw over receiver's heads... I mean it happens ALL THE TIME, yet we just implement a new scheme every damn year, as if that'll just flip a switch.

In 2017, you have to be able to pass the ball. Trying to be a running team with only spurts of passing when needed is cute, but ineffective. It's basically a nice way of saying "it's our only option because we don't have a QB capable of being a QB." And yes, the O-line matters too, and it needs to be upgraded, but that again just leads to execution on the field. The line is not executing, just as Tyrod is not executing. Go ahead, hope the coaching carousel continues. I've had enough. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2