Week 14: Colts' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

I get it’s easy to just blast Peterman for his first ever start..But what’s nice about Peterman is he never stopped firing. He didn’t fold up after the picks and get gun shy. The guy threw picks but still was standing in there trying to make throws. It didn’t turn him into a check down machine afraid to let his guys make plays. I appreciate that. Trent played totally different at first. Once he paid for a few mistakes, he turned into a timid check down only QB. Even Tyrod is a little like that. I never felt like he was afraid to push the ball early on. Now this guy is petrified to make a mistake.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I get it’s easy to just blast Peterman for his first ever start..But what’s nice about Peterman is he never stopped firing. He didn’t fold up after the picks and get gun shy. The guy threw picks but still was standing in there trying to make throws. It didn’t turn him into a check down machine afraid to let his guys make plays. I appreciate that. Trent played totally different at first. Once he paid for a few mistakes, he turned into a timid check down only QB. Even Tyrod is a little like that. I never felt like he was afraid to push the ball early on. Now this guy is petrified to make a mistake.

Baghdad Bob? Is that you? :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If you follow the logic shown so far TT will be under center at start of the game. Even after the horrendous interception and while obviously hurting they kept him in the game last week. He will want to continue as starter until he is carted off. Add in the factor of not wanting to lose any possible sneak into the playoffs. Reality is that ship has sailed,might as well see if you have anything to work with in the young players. As bad as the chargers game was you really can't make decisions based on one outing.  

Indianapolis Colts

The Bills have concerns at quarterback with Tyrod Taylor dealing with a knee injury. The Colts can expect a heavy dose of running back LeSean McCoy if Nathan Peterman (five interceptions in 39 pass attempts) starts at quarterback. The Colts' run defense has been the strong part of its D unit of late, as it hasn't allowed a team to rush for more than 96 yards in the past five games. The Colts also are coming off a game where they rushed for 141 yards against Jacksonville in Week 13. The Bills are only 25th in the NFL against the run this season. The Colts end their three-game losing streak. Colts 20, Bills 10 -- Mike Wells

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Buffalo Bills

Tickets are being resold for as little as $4 for this game, and fans will get their money's worth. The Bills and Colts are a combined 2-7 since Week 9 and both are averaging fewer than two offensive touchdowns per game. Whether it is Peterman or a hobbled Taylor starting at quarterback, the Bills' offense has done little lately to inspire confidence, averaging the fourth-fewest yards gained per drive since Week 9. Colts 17, Bills 13 -- Mike Rodak

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This trait in any player, but especially a QB, cannot be overstated. It is essential for a QB to put the last play behind him, good or bad. We tend to just take it for granted, but there have been many QBs who couldn't recover from bad days. Peterman leaves much to be desired at this point, but mental toughness doesn't appear to be one of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Adam727 said:

I guess I'm in the minority but I'm really hoping TT is able to play on Sunday.  If/when the Bills lose one more I'm fine if they want to let Peterman finish the year, but we're already not getting a top draft pick so I'd rather see the Bills try for the playoffs at this point.  

I hope he starts too.

Just win.

Here's my minority take: the best thing for this team going forward is to win.  We're trying to build a winning team. You don't do that by losing. I want to see Coach McDermott do what our previous 6 coaches have not been able to do. Finish strong down the stretch.  

Even if Nasty Nate were to start the rest of the games we wouldn't know if he is "the guy" of not.  He'll do some good and some more bad.   He'll be a possible maybe.

Just win.

Edited by reddogblitz

I could care less who starts, another game to get stinking drunk at. I doubt either will get the win so it should help next year's  draft position eitherway. I would like to see Peterman get the start so he gets the reps so he is more ready next season. I would also enjoy seeing him play at home in hopes to crush out that Chargers garbage some keep pounding on of his first start ever in a away game against the Bills last coach that knows this team up and down. 

Tyrod hopefully will be gone next season so why bother starting him unless they are secretly going to keep him or trying to prop up his trade status, good luck with that, every game hurts him more and more. As if 54 yards is great trading talk in a QB driven league. If Tyrod has another stinker this time against the dolts he won't be worth a bag of peanuts next season IMO. 

Starting Tyrod is what I would think a more solid way to get the loss though, the Colts are better against the run so Tyrod will have to throw, that is not something Tyrod can do, add in snow and Tyrod will be even more timid. Add in a bum knee and 1-2-3 kick. Colts 31 Bills 16 with Tyrod starting. Colts 24-Bills 21 with Peterman.

Edited by xRUSHx

18 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I hope he starts too.

Just win.

Here's my minority take: the best thing for this team going forward is to win.  We're trying to build a winning team. You don't do that by losing. I want to see Coach McDermott do what our previous 6 coaches have not been able to do. Finish strong down the stretch.  

Even if Nasty Nate were to start the rest of the games we wouldn't know if he is "the guy" of not.  He'll do some good and some more bad.   He'll be a possible maybe.

Just win.

Amen.

I’d be stoked to see McD finish 9-7 his first year.  Might even make the playoffs with that, too.

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Indianapolis Colts

The Bills have concerns at quarterback with Tyrod Taylor dealing with a knee injury. The Colts can expect a heavy dose of running back LeSean McCoy if Nathan Peterman (five interceptions in 39 pass attempts) starts at quarterback. The Colts' run defense has been the strong part of its D unit of late, as it hasn't allowed a team to rush for more than 96 yards in the past five games. The Colts also are coming off a game where they rushed for 141 yards against Jacksonville in Week 13. The Bills are only 25th in the NFL against the run this season. The Colts end their three-game losing streak. Colts 20, Bills 10 -- Mike Wells

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

Buffalo Bills

Tickets are being resold for as little as $4 for this game, and fans will get their money's worth. The Bills and Colts are a combined 2-7 since Week 9 and both are averaging fewer than two offensive touchdowns per game. Whether it is Peterman or a hobbled Taylor starting at quarterback, the Bills' offense has done little lately to inspire confidence, averaging the fourth-fewest yards gained per drive since Week 9. Colts 17, Bills 13 -- Mike Rodak

Are these jokers serious?

11 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....LOL...BUT....losing AT HOME to Jacoby & company would be Billsy, right?.................

That would be one of the low points of the entire drought, IMO!!!   Although, stranger things have definitely happened ;)

5 hours ago, RiotAct said:

As I’ve said before, I have a strong feeling we would’ve lost even with Tyrod starting.  Although it would’ve been closer.

Sadly we will never know.

It is a good guess though that  the Chargers would not have gotten 24 points off turnovers in the first half.

Edited by reddogblitz

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/08/browns-cut-kenny-britt/

Kennt Britt cut by the Browns.

He has to pass through waivers before he becomes a free agent. But he has 3 year left on his deal at $8M, $9M & $9M cap hits. Although he'd be a nice addition for some team tying to make a playoff run, I'm thinking most will try wait and take a shot in free agency. I guess it only takes 1 team to claim him, though... 

51 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I hope he starts too.

Just win.

Just win.

As long as NP is not throwing 5 interceptions and looks more like the Saints/Pats game...I don't see any difference in chance to win between TT and NP

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This makes me nervous.

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How many points do we get for that?

• Thank you (+1) 1