Week 14: Colts' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Snow Shovelers needed at New Era Field.   

Get free tickets in exchange for 4 hours or more of work    (All $4 dollars worth)

just saw that on the app  ($11 / hour) 

I was unemployed at the time of the Bills last AFC Championship game against the Chiefs. So I figured the wife wouldn't complain too much of I earned the money for a ticket. So I went and shoveled the stadium. Brutal work, but I did it for $5/hr. 

Most of the people there were just trying to make ends meet. One guy got there by bus and I offered to drive him home. Really makes you appreciate what you have.

We were paid in cash. We didn't know it but Ralph Wilson bought tickets for all of us too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I wonder how the fans will react on our first drive when the starting QB comes trotting on the field. I'd imagine a extra loud cheer for Peterman and crickets for you know who.

Watch out for snowballs, should be a fun game. Go Bills

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Throwing a game to the Chargers by putting a dumpster fire under  Center certainly didn't help anything. This team managers to go nine and seven and misses the playoffs by one game because of the tiebreaker, craft chargers game is really going to come back into the fold of this discussion. We lost that game, very simply, because Peterman threw a ton of interceptions.

I can already see us missing by one game. That'll be just wonderful :doh:

No it didn't, not one bit.   Philip Rivers or the NYETS JAG.   No comparison.   The start of the fall and the end of the WC was the JETS game.  

I still do not believe that TT would have won that game.   Our road record is very bad.  Thanks to KC sucking so bad it improved by 1 game  to 2-4 

Sure we can point to the Chargers debacle, but that was one of 3 or 4 horrendous games.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I was unemployed at the time of the Bills last AFC Championship game against the Chiefs. So I figured the wife wouldn't complain too much of I earned the money for a ticket. So I went and shoveled the stadium. Brutal work, but I did it for $5/hr. 

Most of the people there were just trying to make ends meet. One guy got there by bus and I offered to drive him home. Really makes you appreciate what you have.

We were paid in cash. We didn't know it but Ralph Wilson bought tickets for all of us too.

that's way back 

The Joe Montana final game where Bruce sacked him and knocked him out?    I will never forget that image of poor Joe.  He should have retired sooner. 

Lets go Nate.   Get that monkey off your back and show us something good 

I'd be surprised if Tyrod starts.  He was favoring that knee in practice.  I'm sure that joint will feel even worse in breezy 25 degree weather.  McD would've been more positive about him playing by now, not just a "game-time" decision.   

I think we're looking at Peterman, chapter 2 this Sunday in the cold/snow.  Maybe that suits Peterman better than warm sunny LA.  

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

As I’ve said before, I have a strong feeling we would’ve lost even with Tyrod starting.  Although it would’ve been closer.

Yes and it's just as credible to say that the Bills may have beaten the Jets had Peterman started that game. 

I'm so tired of other posters pointing to the Chargers game as a game the Bills would have won if TT played.  The only thing that is for sure is that TT earned his spot on the bench for that game.  Great guy but he earned the demotion. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

As I’ve said before, I have a strong feeling we would’ve lost even with Tyrod starting.  Although it would’ve been closer.

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

But the reality is that Peterman was the reason we lost that game and it was the worst half the NFL has seen from a QB since ther AFL/NFL merger.

Like I said, if we end up one game out, that decision is certainly a pretty big smudge on what was otherwise mostly a positive year for McDermott.

7 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes and it's just as credible to say that the Bills may have beaten the Jets had Peterman started that game. 

I'm so tired of other posters pointing to the Chargers game as a game the Bills would have won if TT played.  The only thing that is for sure is that TT earned his spot on the bench for that game.  Great guy but he earned the demotion. 

It's absurd to suggest one man would've flipped a 30 point loss into a win.  Unless the QB for the Bills had the last name of Brady it would not have mattered.  They could not stop the Chargers that day.  LA had one penalty. No turnovers. They played a near perfect game.  

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

But the reality is that Peterman was the reason we lost that game and it was the worst half the NFL has seen from a QB since ther AFL/NFL merger.

Like I said, if we end up one game out, that decision is certainly a pretty big smudge on what was otherwise mostly a positive year for McDermott.

So you think the loss to the Chargers is the smudge on McD for benching his starting QB that stunk it up most of the season to be benched? SMH

McD went bold and sat Tyrod and most but not you agree his benching was warranted. Now you want to point to it if we miss out in one game from the playoffs? So all the other stinkers that Tyrod did doesn't count?

IMO it did not matter who was QB in that road game that had our old coach knowing this team inside and out. 

Edited by xRUSHx

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

I wonder how the fans will react on our first drive when the starting QB comes trotting on the field. I'd imagine a extra loud cheer for Peterman and crickets for you know who.

Watch out for snowballs, should be a fun game. Go Bills

I think the fans are going to cheer for either one and are going to boo very quickly if/when either one starts to look inadequate.

Sure, there are going to be some who boo or don't cheer for one of those QBs and does for the other.  You're one of those, apparently.  But as a whole I think Bills fans just want to see their team win and go into the beginning of any game with some semblance of optimism.

Overall I'd guess fans just know this is likely the farewell tour for Taylor if he starts and that we'll be seeing our future Franchise QB (hopefully) drafted in the 1st round next year.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No it didn't, not one bit.   Philip Rivers or the NYETS JAG.   No comparison.   The start of the fall and the end of the WC was the JETS game.  

I still do not believe that TT would have won that game.   Our road record is very bad.  Thanks to KC sucking so bad it improved by 1 game  to 2-4 

Sure we can point to the Chargers debacle, but that was one of 3 or 4 horrendous games.  

The Jets game was the start and fall (not the end, yet, because we're still "in it") of the WC hopes, yet it was one of Taylor's better games in a Bills uniform.

And he followed that up with his worst.

Taylor just is what he is, which is not nearly as bad as some make him out to be.  And we'll be drafting his replacement and (hopefully) an upgrade over him in the 1st round of the upcoming draft, anyway.

31 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

What a cat and mouse game.

Whoever starts at QB is going to be very telling, I think.

If Taylor starts... wow... that's really an indictment of Peterman and I think it also shows that McDermott might be overcompensating for the mistake he made benching Taylor in the Chargers game.  I actually kinda think the right move for McDermott here is to start Peterman, largely because this is an open opportunity for him to do that and move on from Taylor, as he (or Dennison... ?) seems to want to.

If Peterman starts... this was such a weird little game he played all week against an inferior team.  I don't care who's under center, I expect us to win this game.  I used to be superstitious about saying that, but now that I have mixed feelings about winning vs. losing, I think we'll win.  And if Peterman starts and plays well, I'll be surprised if McDermott sticks to his word and starts Taylor again when he's fully healthy.  Why did McDermott even backtrack and say that?  Just strange.

32 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It feels like Peterman will be the starter and they just don't want to say anything yet to give him a little extra advantage.

I don't know... I wonder how much the players are in McDermott's ear right now.  I'm really going to be intrigued to see who starts Sunday.  I wish this little chess game was being played against a better team than the Colts, though.

28 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

No it's absolutely not even remotely close to "just as credible."  That's totally ridiculous.

Taylor was the only player in a Buffalo Bills uniform who played well against the Jets, other than Zay Jones.  Peterman would've been murdered!  Especially in primetime on national TV under those lights.

Can I say that 100%?  No, obviously not.  But it's ridiculously far-fetched and laughable for you to say it's an equal statement that Peterman might have gotten a win in a game where the only good player was our QB and we lost that game BECAUSE of our atrocious Defense vs. Taylor might have gotten a win where FAR AND AWAY the reason we lost that game against the Chargers was because our QB threw 5 picks in one half!

It's not just as credible.  Not even close.

23 minutes ago, zow2 said:

It's absurd to suggest one man would've flipped a 30 point loss into a win.  Unless the QB for the Bills had the last name of Brady it would not have mattered.  They could not stop the Chargers that day.  LA had one penalty. No turnovers. They played a near perfect game.  

24 points off turnovers...

HAS NEVER HAPPENED for Taylor.

It was almost 27 if Novak doesn't miss a 46 yard FG.

7 of those points were a gift and 17 of those points the Chargers offense... and again, coulda been 20.

Peterman's 4 interceptions gave the Chargers starting field positions in Buffalo territory twice, in our red zone once, and the other one was just on the Chargers' side of midfield.

Would Taylor have won that game?  I don't know.  But saying it's absurd that he might have won is an absurd statement in itself.

35 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

So you think the loss to the Chargers is the smudge on McD for benching his starting QB that stunk it up most of the season to be benched? SMH

McD went bold and sat Tyrod and most but not you agree his benching was warranted. Now you want to point to it if we miss out in one game from the playoffs? So all the other stinkers that Tyrod did doesn't count?

IMO it did not matter who was QB in that road game that had our old coach knowing this team inside and out. 

It was a game we lost almost solely because of Peterman.  Because Peterman did something a lot that Taylor rarely does.

I was fine with Taylor's benching because his play in the Saints game was terrible and I figured McDermott, having watched Peterman in practice and Training Camp, felt he was ready to take the reins. 

Instead, we went from terrible to an absolute dumpster fire.

And you talk as though most people share your beliefs on that whole situation.  I think that's awfully presumptuous of you.

Colts Will Be Without Donte Moncrief Sunday Against Bills

By Andrew Walker - colts.com

Intro: Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano on Friday confirmed wide receiver Donte Moncrief (ankle), as well as cornerback Rashaan Melvin (hand) and tight end Darrell Daniels (hamstring), won’t play Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. What all did we learn on the day? Let’s check today’s Daily Notebook

Edited by 26CornerBlitz