Week 14: Colts' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

12 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Youre not wrong. What they've done to Luck is borderline criminal.

You're spot on. Grigson has to be one of the worst GMs I've ever seen. Year after year he ignored the obvious weak spots on the team and drafted players like Phillip Dorsett. And then the owner, also one of the worst in sports, recently overheard telling Tony Dungy that he believes Luck's injury is "all in his head." On top of that there's now speculation that this injury could end his career. It was absurd for Irsay to hype him up all off-season and say he'd be ready for the opener when it was clear he wasn't anywhere close to being healed. Luck is a good dude so I'm sure he just wants to heal up and get back to work but he's human as well and I wouldn't doubt that he's at least thought about asking for a trade as he sees how things have been handled with this team and he's just kinda been left hanging in the wind at times.

1 hour ago, keepthefaith said:

Yes and you want to begin to develop winning culture. 

Really?  The turnover on this team is going to be large.  Franchise qb is the fast-track key to winning culture.  We need draft capital to make that happen.

15 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

You're spot on. Grigson has to be one of the worst GMs I've ever seen. Year after year he ignored the obvious weak spots on the team and drafted players like Phillip Dorsett. And then the owner, also one of the worst in sports, recently overheard telling Tony Dungy that he believes Luck's injury is "all in his head." On top of that there's now speculation that this injury could end his career. It was absurd for Irsay to hype him up all off-season and say he'd be ready for the opener when it was clear he wasn't anywhere close to being healed. Luck is a good dude so I'm sure he just wants to heal up and get back to work but he's human as well and I wouldn't doubt that he's at least thought about asking for a trade as he sees how things have been handled with this team and he's just kinda been left hanging in the wind at times.

Luck re-signed with the Colts, so he is not without blame.

54 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Less than half of the players will even be on the team next year.  Just lose out and get good draft picks.

That may be true but for those that return plus the coaching staff you want to establish and refine best practices.  At the same time give the younger guys who are keepers as much playing time as possible. 

The guy has anger issues clearly. He should be suspended for at least one game, be required to attend anger management classes as necessary, and fine monetarily to the maximum extent possible. 

Hurt his wallet, hurt his free time, and hurt his team; for his blatant uncontrollable temper tantrums. These sort of things just dont show up out of the blue one day, his teammates and coaches had to have seen this before and should have pulled the reigns in on him prior to this happening.

5 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

As much as that Pats loss.sucked, many predicted it and thus, should have no effect on how we few our playoff chances. What was more damning then our game was how the rest of the AFC shook out yesterday. Playing yh Colts at home should be a win, we just also have to hope we start to have some pieces fall our way elsewhere 

While many predicted the loss , the most damning thing wasn't what happened around the rest of the league. It was the Bills with yet another impotent offensive display, wasting a pretty solid defensive effort/ gameplan in the process. The Bills likely won't make the playoffs in 2017. Mostly due to sub par QB play, lack of offensive weapons and a humdrum scheme to top it all off. The Bills offense is incapable of doing what most NFL teams can do on a pretty regular basis, and that ensures adding yet another year to an embarrassing playoff drought that hit the inexcusable stage years ago. 

18 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Luck re-signed with the Colts, so he is not without blame.

That's fair. I mean, he's a team guy so obviously he wants to turn things around out there but he can only do so much. But just with this current situation he's been dealing with and the way its been handled by his organization, wouldn't be surprised if he's at least thought about a trade. But seems he's stuck there for the long haul. 

Colts Sign Tackle Andreas Knappe To Practice Squad

By Colts.com

Intro: The Indianapolis Colts on Monday announced the signing of tackle Andreas Knappe to their practice squad.

Snap Counts: Colts-Jaguars (Week 13)

By Andrew Walker

Intro: The Indianapolis Colts and the Jacksonville Jaguars met up for their 2017 regular season Week 13 matchup on Sunday at EverBank Field. What were the snap counts for the Colts players in the matchup?

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

48 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He was within 5 inches of being the best bills QB on the day..... by a lot 

At least Webb is a veteran. I mean if we entertain any thoughts of going 9-7 do we really trust Peterman to win 3? Anyone remember what Joe Webb did to us when he came in for an injured Brett Favre last time we played in Minnesota?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

At least Webb is a veteran. I mean if we entertain any thoughts of going 9-7 do we really trust Peterman to win 3? Anyone remember what Joe Webb did to us when he came in for an injured Brett Favre last time we played in Minnesota?

It's 10 wins or nothing so it really doesn't matter anymore......

20 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

9-7 could still get you in. 

Doubtful. Baltimore is going to win 9 and they have the tiebreaker over Buffalo, and they have Baltimore and Indy (playing in Baltimore) coming up. I expect the Titans to win 10 too - they have the Cardinals and 49ers on deck. 

Edited by dave mcbride

11 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Doubtful. Baltimore is going to win 9 and they have the tiebreaker over Buffalo, and they have Baltimore and Indy (playing in Baltimore) coming up. I expect the Titans to win 10 too - they have the Cardinals and 49ers on deck. 

If one is assuming the Bills only path to 9 wins is via defeating IND, MIA, @MIA, the current " tiebreaker" that BAL has will be tied as well if BAL loses to PIT and CIN. . That is , the conference record. So it would go to a lower level tie breaker based on common opponents or strength of victory which I'm not certain is calculable just yet. It's not as obvious as all that. A bigger obstacle than the Ravens would seem to be the Bills offense. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Ravens are getting in.

21b4z2g.jpg

If Steelers and Bengals (or Indy) beat them we'll have the same record (9-7), same conference record (7-5), and same common opponent record (4-1). Then it goes to strength of victory which changes weekly and is a toss up right now (I think we have a slight advantage at the moment). I think if the Colts and Bengals beat them we get in on common opponents. Assuming we beat Indy and Miami twice to get to 9-7.

• Like (+1) 1