2x1st Round Draft Picks

Tatonka68

The Bills 1ST round picks should be around 20th (850 pts) & 22nd (780 pts) for a total of 1630 pts on the draft value chart. 1630 points is equal to the 6th pick in the draft. So could the draft end up like this?

1. Cleveland picks Josh Rosen QB, 2. NY Giants Sam Darnold QB, 3. San Francisco picks Saquon Barkley RB, 4. Indianapolis Mike McGlinchey OT, 5. Chicago Derwin James S.

then the Bills trade with Tampa for sixth pick and select Mason Rudolph QB Oklahoma ST.

I absolutely HATE the idea of trading up for a QB.  No problem taking one in the first round when you pick, but trading up is asking for trouble.  QBs are a crapshoot even if you're picking in the top 5, giving away multiple picks to roll the dice is a bad move.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, cage said:

I absolutely HATE the idea of trading up for a QB.  No problem taking one in the first round when you pick, but trading up is asking for trouble.  QBs are a crapshoot even if you're picking in the top 5, giving away multiple picks to roll the dice is a bad move.

I agree. We need to fill the holes on the O and D lines. We can't give away top picks with so many needs.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t hate trading up for a QB. I hate trading up for Mason Rudolph. I might be wrong but he’s the guy that I like least of the prospects to go early. 

He's got an outstanding WR corps and a conference that doesn't play defense.  He seems pretty uninspiring to me.

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Stay put and let one of the QB’s fall in our lap.  Rosen and Darnold are gone.  Forget about it.  Lamar Jackson will probably be a top 10-15 pick when it is all said and done.  The rest are distinct possibilities, IMO, around where Buffalo will be picking.

I like Mayfield and Jackson as qbs that might be there.  Worried about Josh Allen.  Looks like Tarzan, accuracy of Jane, but who knows, really?

The draft value chart is only a guide -- not necessarily written in stone. What really matters is finding a trading partner that is willing to make the trade down -- and what players are on the board at the time. It may be hard to find a team picking early in the top 10 that is willing to move all the way back to the 20s and lose out on a blue chip prospect. Also, when the move is universally known as an attempt to acquire a QB, the value goes up. Just look at what the Chargers gave up to move up one spot for Ryan Leaf (doh!) back in 1998 or what the Giants gave up to move from 4 to 1 in the Eli Manning-Philip Rivers swap. Meanwhile, it cost "just" a future 1st and 4th to move up from 9 to 4 to get Sammy Watkins.

Still, I think it can be done if we can find a team willing to move down in the 1st round. Such a move may actually require making multiple moves, though. That is, a move from the 20s up to around 10, followed by a second trade up to get where we need to be to acquire the QB of choice. Just last year the Chiefs moved up from roughly the same spot by giving us last year's #3 and this year's #1. Most teams view a future #1 as roughly equal to the current year's #2. So a similar move (one of the firsts, one of the seconds and our remaining third) from either our own #1 or the one we acquired from KC could get us to 10 as I suggested. That would still provide us with two firsts to move into the top 5 (maybe as high as 1-2) to select a QB.

Question is: Would the front office be willing to give up both firsts, one of our seconds and our third to acquire the QB? If they believe the kid is a legitimate franchise QB you would have to think so.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 2003Contenders said:

Question is: Would the front office be willing to give up both firsts, one of our seconds and our third to acquire the QB? If they believe the kid is a legitimate franchise QB you would have to think so.

Yikes.  That's a heavy price for a team with lots of holes to fill.  You're not trading into Cleveland or the Giants' spot, so you're likely looking at the third best qb on the board.

• Like (+1) 1

there's so much that changes between now and the draft concerning qbs.  although i hope it doesn't happen, i'd have no problem if they really had a target they wanted, and traded up for it.  ideally though, this team needs to retain as many picks as it can.

1 minute ago, teef said:

there's so much that changes between now and the draft concerning qbs.  although i hope it doesn't happen, i'd have no problem if they really had a target they wanted, and traded up for it.  ideally though, this team needs to retain as many picks as it can.

I agree.

As much as I want the Bills to draft a QB, I also want them to use every pick they have at their disposal.

6 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

image.thumb.png.6513573699f99844debaec6c391a2bd3.png

I respectfully disagree with the report. I have watched him play in several games, and his accuracy was good. It's in the placement of the throws. I want him. 

I’ve seen him about 4 or 5 times this year and he does nothing for me. QBs are all over he place though in terms of opinions. I’ve seen Lamar Jackson as high as 1 and others that hate him. I like him quite a bit as a prospect. I want one of the 2 California kids, Mayfield or Jackson.