Eric Lee appears to be the real deal

14 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not keeping this guy raises serious red flags in terms of McD/Beane's ability to evaluate players.

Because no way we couldn't find room for this guy on the 53 man roster considering how bad the defense has been of late.

This

It also speaks to the comp pick formula. They could have added Lee to the active roster cut Davis, Holmes and Vlad and got a 3rd. That was a major screw up IMO. The Bills could have played Lee, Groy and Reilly and got a 3rd. 

This story of the game was a team who doesn’t have a QB. Eric Lee should be the least of our concerns. Everyone gets their chance to make plays when they are on a great team. Lee was the beneficiary of one of the worst red zone passes of all time. Lets not get carried away. 

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This

It also speaks to the comp pick formula. They could have added Lee to the active roster cut Davis, Holmes and Vlad and got a 3rd. That was a major screw up IMO. The Bills could have played Lee, Groy and Reilly and got a 3rd. 

I’m not extremely stressed about losing Lee, but losing a comp pick to keep those guys was a terrible move. The Ducasse phenomenon is incredible. 

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

6 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

This story of the game was a team who doesn’t have a QB. Eric Lee should be the least of our concerns. Everyone gets their chance to make plays when they are on a great team. Lee was the beneficiary of one of the worst red zone passes of all time. Lets not get carried away. 

I’m not extremely stressed about losing Lee, but losing a comp pick to keep those guys was a terrible move. The Ducasse phenomenon is incredible. 

It’s just an example of bad franchise management. I’m not sure that Lee will be good (although he looked it today) but he certainly isn’t a downgrade. Ducasse is awful and Holmes is a JAG. In a rebuilding situation  you could have gotten a look at some young guys and acquired a 3rd. I would probably add DiMarco to that list as well and add the 4th. None of those guys had to be protected.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s just an example of bad franchise management. I’m not sure that Lee will be good (although he looked it today) but he certainly isn’t a downgrade. Ducasse is awful and Holmes is a JAG. In a rebuilding situation  you could have gotten a look at some young guys and acquired a 3rd. I would probably add DiMarco to that list as well and add the 4th. None of those guys had to be protected.

There is where “the process” lost me. It began with the appearance that it was all about accumulating draft choices. We traded away several big names with the idea of building in the draft. Then the regime begins to do the opposite. We give up a comp pick for average players, and trade away several picks for Benjamin. I don’t have to agree with everything a regime does to appreciate their thought process. However, I become completely lost when there is no consistency to a plan. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

There is where “the process” lost me. It began with the appearance that it was all about accumulating draft choices. We traded away several big names with the idea of building in the draft. Then the regime begins to do the opposite. We give up a comp pick for average players, and trade away several picks for Benjamin. I don’t have to agree with everything a regime does to appreciate their thought process. However, I become completely lost when there is no consistency to a plan. 

Correct. "We're going to try to break the playoff drought WHILE rebuilding" has never made sense.  Losing a guy like Lee while also losing that 3rd rounder is just a symptom of the incoherent strategy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’ve said it before but it’s the old Rex Ryan “half-pregnant.” I don’t believe that you can “win now with an eye towards the future.” I think that those things work against each other. You have to do one or the other and it feels like the Bills did a little of both. You should play all young guys, take your lumps and bottom out while identifying some of those young guys as contributors moving forward (ironically Lee might fit here). The other option is to do what you can to win now (ie keep Watkins, Dareus, etc). 

I'm guessing that people are convinced that Bills didn't attempt to retain Lee? 

AFAIK, there's no automatic call up from practice squad anymore for a team to protect the player.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:31 AM, ScottLaw said:

The Bills could've easily been a playoff team this season WHILE REBUILDING had they merely kept their young, talented players and built off an offensive system that suited its players while letting McDermott do what he does with the defense. 

They turned a competent offense into a bad one. The opposite of what Rex Ryan did to the defense. 

100% correct assessment...Not sure why it's lost on so many Bills fans

On 03/12/2017 at 5:36 PM, SaviorPeterman said:

Exactly. And ironically the only guy he may have whiffed on that he took from us is Gillesslie who we certainly needed over the likes of Tolbert this year.

But honestly I think it's simply a case of MG not being better than Burkheart and Lewis.

Just sick and tired of the bills being a farm league for the Pats and the rest of the NFL.

The Pats love using big backs late in the year. Watch MG get more time and snaps in the coming weeks. 

On 12/4/2017 at 8:07 AM, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I believe it's the same process Tim Murray used with the Sabres

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Why do all these guys gravitate and succeed in NE.  Is this organization that dysfunctional. 

it's the sign of a very good coaching staff in stable schemes with the ability to put players in situations that suit ther strengths. 

16 minutes ago, racecitybills said:

Was that not Eric Lee driven 15 yards downfield by Dawkins on the first drive of the day?

he had some nice plays but there is a reason he keeps getting on practice squads 

1.5 sacks, 3 QB hits, 1 pass breakup and a INT is far from nice plays.

The Bills straight up screwed up.

https://nesn.com/2017/12/patriots-president-takes-jab-at-bills-after-eric-lee-torments-old-team/

Edited by Real McCoy

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

https://nesn.com/2017/12/patriots-president-takes-jab-at-bills-after-eric-lee-torments-old-team/

...on PS....activated to cover for Shaq......released and re-signed to PS....and now scooped up by BB......who is guarding the hen house???.............

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

His success had more to do with his familiarity with our offense than his athletic ability. It's easy to look like a stud when the opposing QB throws the ball right to you. He was picked up 12 days prior to the game -- not coincidentally that's 3 days outside the minimum 9-day signing window for upcoming opponents. He did a fantastic job scouting for them. There's no doubt the Bills knew this, hence the change in offensive scheme that featured pseudo-wildcat formations with Webb. Then, in an attempt to inject some interest into an otherwise lopsided game, Romo had some fun with it and triggered half the Bills' fan base into their familiar Chicken Little act. You might want to pump the brakes on that. Tantrum Tuesdays around here are always entertaining though.