Eric Lee appears to be the real deal

7 minutes ago, Jigsaw2112 said:

I don't know if he just wasn't a good fit in Buffalo, but right now it just looks like Patriots know what they're doing and Buffalo doesn't.  BB and Brady are playing chess and the Bills are playing Candyland, lost in the Gumdrop mountains and just lost a turn.

Buffalo is caught up in the molasses swamp when judging talent...just look how many great players we have let go. Patriots grabbing  Lee and turning him loose right away greatly upsets me...Jigsaw2112 expresses the perfect analogy .....Because the design of the Candyland game involves no strategy.

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I'll hold off on the HOF induction after two games, thanks

No we need anger and hot takes and firings!!!

13 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Beane is a scrub GM.  I’m 99% convinced.

!@#$ the draft eh?

36 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Really sucks seeing this guy start the last 2 games having success supporting the Pats. Kudos to the undrafted rookie with 2.5 sacks and a INT over his first 2 games with them though. Always like the underdog stories. 

Wish we could have kept him.

" Wish we could have kept him" should be the motto of the Buffalo Bills. We're smart enough to acquire good players and dumb enough to let them go. If I was Belichick I'd go after Brandon Reilly.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

37 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Not keeping this guy raises serious red flags in terms of McD/Beane's ability to evaluate players.

Because no way we couldn't find room for this guy on the 53 man roster considering how bad the defense has been of late.

Would those be the same red flags that literally every other team should have for not signing this guy off the Bills practice squad?

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Would those be the same red flags that literally every other team should have for not signing this guy off the Bills practice squad?

Its not the same analogy. Bills saw him daily in practice and somehow he wasn't felt to be good enough for 53 man roster. 

Yea it really makes you wonder. As productive he has been with a top team how he couldnt even make it onto our roster who is weak at linebacker!! I would not be surprised one bit if brandon reily is the next to be picked up from another team and shine. 

Edited by Bills365

3 hours ago, MC Hamburg said:

Buffalo is caught up in the molasses swamp when judging talent...just look how many great players we have let go. Patriots grabbing  Lee and turning him loose right away greatly upsets me...Jigsaw2112 expresses the perfect analogy .....Because the design of the Candyland game involves no strategy.

:lol: and they're not very good at Candyland don't forget that part of the analogy.

This is one of the annoying things about not accepting where you are as a team and rebuilding (call it tanking if you'd like). It means you're 5-5 and still harboring playoff dreams, so instead of starting to move new talent off the practice squad and give guys an extended look, you let other teams raid your practice squad.  Likewise, you don't take the opportunity to raid someone else's practice squad to potentially upgrade at a position. And then you go 7-9 and miss out on the top 3 or 4 QBs in the (latest version of) The Year of the QB.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

This is one of the annoying things about not accepting where you are as a team and rebuilding (call it tanking if you'd like). It means you're 5-5 and still harboring playoff dreams, so instead of starting to move new talent off the practice squad and give guys an extended look, you let other teams raid your practice squad.  Likewise, you don't take the opportunity to raid someone else's practice squad to potentially upgrade at a position. And then you go 7-9 and miss out on the top 3 or 4 QBs in the (latest version of) The Year of the QB.  Wash, rinse, repeat.

you don't need to be rebuilding to pickup a practice squad guy. This thread is literally about the Pats taking our PS guy.

Seeing Eric Lee start for the AFCs best team hurts worse than losing the game.  They find a diamond in the rough, and they let him go.  They hired the personnel guy from Houston (can't remember his name) for a reason, and I would think he wanted Lee (Houston drafted him right?).