Tre' White Clears Concussion Protocol - Good to Play on Sunday

3 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Say what you want about Hoodie, but his apology speaks volumes and normally he wouldn't do something like that.

Still wish White wouldn't have made the comments he did before the game though because he was subliminally targeted for that.

Yes it is totally Tre's faulty.....jesus you are such a horrible poster

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Yes it is totally Tre's faulty.....jesus you are such a horrible poster

Didn't say it was his fault, but Hoodie and Pats are always watching for bulletin board material.

Just wait until you see what happens against the Steelers in a few weeks after Tomlin's recent comments.

16 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens next game. Not excusing Gronkowski AT ALL (and the Pats collectively got a lot more calls, so this is a borderline irrelevant point w/regard to the larger game), but my god was that blatant interference by White on that play (and a good play by White at the same time,  if that makes sense - he knows Gronk gets fewer calls because every contested route with the guy is a brawl). Anyway, that should always be called. He really does get interfered with or held constantly. 

So does EVERY other WR and TE, christ we all watch the games and you can call PI on literally every play. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

So does EVERY other WR and TE, christ we all watch the games and you can call PI on literally every play. 

It really is worse with Gronk, who was completely mugged on that play. To be clear, I am not making any excuses for his actions -- he deserves a suspension.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

It really is worse with Gronk, who was completely mugged on that play. To be clear, I am not making any excuses for his actions -- he deserves a suspension.

It's really not, though. Watch Kelce, Witten, Olsen...any big time receiving threat at TE gets tons of contact, ESPECIALLY when they're matched up against a corner. The whole 'poor Gronkowski' narrative is a Patriots staple, and thoroughly dumb. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

It's really not, though. Watch Kelce, Witten, Olsen...any big time receiving threat at TE gets tons of contact, ESPECIALLY when they're matched up against a corner. The whole 'poor Gronkowski' narrative is a Patriots staple, and thoroughly dumb. 

I do watch all of these players. None get mugged as regularly as Gronk. Granted, Gronk plays with a physicality that dwarfs these other guys, so I think officials may think he brings it upon himself. But no one in the league faces such constant mugging as Gronk.  

I am not defending him, and I don't view him as "poor Gronk." I am being as objective as I can be. The guy simply gets mugged more than anyone else. He also tosses people aside more than anyone else (because he's so damn strong), but often near the LOS.  He is in my book the most physically dominating TE to ever play the game. I think the refs compensate a bit for this. 

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I do watch all of these players. None get mugged as regularly as Gronk. Granted, Gronk plays with a physicality that dwarfs these other guys, so I think officials may think he brings it upon himself. But no one in the league faces such constant mugging as Gronk.  

I am not defending him, and I don't view him as "poor Gronk." I am being as objective as I can be. The guy simply gets mugged more than anyone else. He also tosses people aside more than anyone else (because he's so damn strong), but often near the LOS.  He is in my book the most physically dominating TE to ever play the game. I think the refs compensate a bit for this. 

LOL go watch the play in question. They came together around the 44, Gronkowski puts his shoulder into White and then pushes off around the 46, you can clearly see his arm extending. White catches up by grabbing his jersey. Both times contact initiated by Gronkowski. Calling that a mugging...come on guy.

Edited by GoBills808

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

LOL go watch the play in question. They came together around the 44, Gronkowski puts his shoulder into White and then pushes off around the 46, you can clearly see his arm extending. White catches up by grabbing his jersey. Both times contact initiated by Gronkowski. Calling that a mugging...come on guy.

I gather you hate the Pats and hate Gronk. That's fine. But I watch a lot of NFL football and feel confident in my judgment. Receivers initiate contact all of the time, and what Gronk did on that play was "within bounds," as they say. White then mugged him. It wasn't a dumb play by White because refs let DBs play a bit looser when covering Gronkowski, so it was an educated gamble.  Gronkowski presents a problem for the league in that he's so dominating and physical that I think they feel they have to adjust the rules for him. To reiterate, I think he's the most physically dominating TE in all of league history. That factors into how the game gets called.

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I gather you hate the Pats and hate Gronk. That's fine. But I watch a lot of NFL football and feel confident in my judgment. Receivers initiate contact all of the time, and what Gronk did on that play was "within bounds," as they say. White then mugged him. It wasn't a dumb play by White because refs let DBs play a bit looser when covering Gronkowski, so it was an educated gamble.  Gronkowski presents a problem for the league in that he's so dominating and physical that I think they feel they have to adjust the rules for him. To reiterate, I think he's the most physically dominating TE in all of league history. That factors into how the game gets called.

My hatred for the Pats has very little to do with the fact that you calling what White did on that play a mugging shows a real dearth of working football knowledge. I mean, just watch the play. Please. Explain where he got mugged. 

EDIT for your viewing convenience: Pause at 29 seconds, where Gronkowski has both arms extended and into White. Pause again at 31 seconds where he very obviously pushes off with his right arm. 

Edited by GoBills808

39 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Didn't say it was his fault, but Hoodie and Pats are always watching for bulletin board material.

Just wait until you see what happens against the Steelers in a few weeks after Tomlin's recent comments.

Are you saying the Pats and Belichik is like Gregg Williams and the Saints? I do not believe that. I think Gronk let his emotions get the better of him just like Brady and McDaniel did. I applaud Belichik saying it was b.s. I did not hear what McDermott said to Bill to have the 'bs response'.  I also think McDermott handled that situation pretty good. You never know when someone will be a FA and you might be looking at them as a possible player for your team. 

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

My hatred for the Pats has very little to do with the fact that you calling what White did on that play a mugging shows a real dearth of working football knowledge. I mean, just watch the play. Please. Explain where he got mugged. 

EDIT for your viewing convenience: Pause at 29 seconds, where Gronkowski has both arms extended and into White. Pause again at 31 seconds where he very obviously pushes off with his right arm. 

Enough with the insults. That sort of hand checking you cite occurs all of the time with all players (especially yesterday, a game in which the refs let them play), and it began at the LOS when White played him physically off the line, bumping him initially and then five yards later (technically illegal contact - watch: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21655874). White initiated the contact! At the end of the play, White initiated a no-doubt-about-it blatant push off (after pulling his jersey prior to this) that is usually called PI. It wasn't called in this case, and it directly led to the INT. Again, I think Gronkowski should be suspended and I think that White made a good play. But Gronkowski has a point. What you need to factor into your analysis is Gronkowski himself  -- he is a truly unique player that gets roughed up all of the time partly because he's such a physical monster. He's basically uncoverable one-on-one otherwise. He continues to make tons of plays regardless, and I think that fact shades the officials' treatment of him.

Edited by dave mcbride

17 hours ago, matter2003 said:

That was freaking hilarious...

Peters didn't get ejected, he basically ejected himself...they sent someone runing into the locker room to go get hi after 5 minutes or so but he came back out with no socks on.  Gonna have a nice large fine tho...same as Gronk, although he definitely deserves a 1 game suspension...

Gronk was flagged. It was just offset by Hyde's penalty on the same play.

Which is really stupid. One team commits two personal fouls, but gets left off the hook because the other team committed one. 

Screw that. In that situation, Amendola's and Hyde's penalties should have offset and then Gronks should have been enforced. I mean, in the end it didn't matter because of Jerry Hughes, but at least we would have ended up in the same spot. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Enough with the insults. That sort of hand checking you cite occurs all of the time with all players, and it began at the LOS when White played him physically off the line, bumping him initially and then five yards later (technically illegal contact - watch: http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=21655874). At the end of the play, White initiated a no-doubt-about-it blatant push off that is usually called PI. It wasn't called in this case, and it directly led to the INT. Again, I think Gronkowski should be suspended and I think that White made a good play. But Gronkowski has a point. What you need to factor into your analysis is Gronkowski himself  -- he is a truly unique player that gets roughed up all of the time partly because he's such a physical monster. He's basically uncoverable one-on-one otherwise. He continues to make tons of plays regardless, and I think that fact shades the officials' treatment of him.

You're allowed contact within 1 yard of the LOS. That was 100% legal. Then, like I said, it's Gronkowski who initiates contact afterwards, both at the 44 and the 46. White is guilty of a jersey pull and that is it IMO. You really think that White 'blatantly' pushed off right before the pick...my god he barely touched him, he's just staying connected. That entire sequence is just good DB play with a jersey tug to make up for being pushed off at the 46. It's a no call if I ever saw one.

Seriously. I'm not even speaking as a Bills homer here. Saying Gronkowski got mugged on this play is just categorically absurd.

1 hour ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Steelers are horrible against the Patriots*; Tomlin has no clue how to beat Belichick.

58 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

You're allowed contact within 1 yard of the LOS. That was 100% legal. Then, like I said, it's Gronkowski who initiates contact afterwards, both at the 44 and the 46. White is guilty of a jersey pull and that is it IMO. You really think that White 'blatantly' pushed off right before the pick...my god he barely touched him, he's just staying connected. That entire sequence is just good DB play with a jersey tug to make up for being pushed off at the 46. It's a no call if I ever saw one.

Seriously. I'm not even speaking as a Bills homer here. Saying Gronkowski got mugged on this play is just categorically absurd.

I would argue that White initiated the contact and maintained it five yards downfield. You disagree. As for "mugged," it is a metaphor in PI parlance, and pushing a receiver who is backpedaling on the chest so that he falls backward on the ground is categorically a mugging in my book. It's not really debatable in my view.  

But again, it was a good play by White. The refs let a lot go with Gronk, and moreover the refs were calling it loosely yesterday anyway. It was a calculated gamble (because -- again -- it was objectively incontrovertible pass interference), and anyway, what did the Bills have to lose by that point in the game? It was over. 

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't care for this attitude TBH. That hit and the Bills' immediate reaction to it is something that a lot of fans would like better answers for. It's going to get difficult to invest a lot of emotion into a team that isn't concerned about what fans would rightly like more definitive answers to.

5 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I agree with the second guy that talked. I kinda like Gronk as a player and disappointed with what he did. I understand the frustration but you get in the players face or even the refs. No way you pull something like this. What is really bad is how helpless White was. I would have expected Gronk to have much more respect for his opponents than that. Cleary an intent to injure with the stutter step and fore arm and all. 

It just seems we as Bills fans are not allowed to have nice things. One of the few bright lights this season has been White. A great building block for the future with his hustle and attitude. I just hope he isn't to badly injured.