Tre' White Clears Concussion Protocol - Good to Play on Sunday

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I stand by my defense of Gronk.  He's a true pro who made a terrible mistake.

Have you ever made a mistake?  I have.  Thank God no one defined me, as a person, for the mistakes I've made.

The Tre comment was a joke.  As in ... I didn't mean it.

You're kind of growing on me.  You single?

Man, you are boring.  

Hackneyed.

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

If the refs had done their job and flagged ANY of White's 5 PI penalties on that SINGLE play, Gronk wouldn't have snapped.

Tre was obviously hurt, down and out before...

People who don't follow the NFL confuse the SD Rodney with the NE Rodney. 

^^^ everybody who tf is this this guy???

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

It's not the norm for them and hasn't been, under BB.  I'm sorry if you disagree.

That's true, and it's also true it's not the norm for Gronk either. But it was a really.. really bad "mistake" that's marginalized by White's return to health.

IMO 30 dirty plays during the play of the game = 1 Gronk hit on defenseless players head after the play.

He's just forever branded as a POS. One mistake can mean anything depending on what it is.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

I stand by my defense of Gronk.  He's a true pro who made a terrible mistake.

Have you ever made a mistake?  I have.  Thank God no one defined me, as a person, for the mistakes I've made.

The Tre comment was a joke.  As in ... I didn't mean it.

You're kind of growing on me.  You single?

I've never tried to end someone's career for a minor infraction in a game.  Mistakes, yes.  Attempted decapitation, no.

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I'm not saying it wasn't uncalled for.  I wanted him to get 4 games.  I'm just saying this was a very bad mistake on his part and it's not who he is, as a player.

I know it was intentional.  And I agree that the Patriot way is to cry for flags and to push the envelope.  I know they get away with penalties (all teams do).

I'm simply stating that Gronk has otherwise been a great pro and that dirty hits are NOT the Patriot way.  He screwed up.  No one, including him, is denying that.

In fact, the only ones keeping this alive are the Bills.

Gronk's appeal helped keep it alive too?

I would think so

7 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

I've never tried to end someone's career for a minor infraction in a game.  Mistakes, yes.  Attempted decapitation, no.

Well good luck getting ahead with that attitude, Mister!

12 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

If the refs had done their job and flagged ANY of White's 5 PI penalties on that SINGLE play, Gronk wouldn't have snapped.

Serioursly?  Holding happens on almost every play.  Whether it's on a receiver, tight end or on the line.  Deal with it.  Gronk can whine all he wants but what he did was horrible.  He's just lucky he didn't really hurt White.  He hit him in the back of the head...that's one of the worst spots to hit someone.  Don't blame the refs or White for Gronk launching himself at White.  That's so unprofessional and childish.  "I'm angry because I'm not getting my way so I'm gonna hit someone as hard as I can to get attention..." 

You can point the finger at everyone else all you like, Gronk was the one that took it way too far.  Stop giving excuses to grown men who should start acting like it and not like a caveman.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Serioursly?  Holding happens on almost every play.  Whether it's on a receiver, tight end or on the line.  Deal with it.  Gronk can whine all he wants but what he did was horrible.  He's just lucky he didn't really hurt White.  He hit him in the back of the head...that's one of the worst spots to hit someone.  Don't blame the refs or White for Gronk launching himself at White.  That's so unprofessional and childish.  "I'm angry because I'm not getting my way so I'm gonna hit someone as hard as I can to get attention..." 

You can point the finger at everyone else all you like, Gronk was the one that took it way too far.  Stop giving excuses to grown men who should start acting like it and not like a caveman.  

Ignore that idiot. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/3/2017 at 9:02 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

The more I watch this the more it pisses me off that the Bills just complained to the refs.

ObviousCautiousAmericancrow-size_restric

Everythime I watch that I feel like Gronk is getting off easy. He comes down right on the back of his neck with his arm club and all his weight and all he gets is 1 freaking game. Total BS and if I'm the NFL I would be embarrassed to even talk about this. There are 2 official's right there and they don't toss Gronk out of the game? For stuff like this officials need to be fired or suspended as well with no pay.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Everythime I watch that I feel like Gronk is getting off easy. He comes down right on the back of his neck with his arm club and all his weight and all he gets is 1 freaking game. Total BS and if I'm the NFL I would be embarrassed to even talk about this. There are 2 official's right there and they don't toss Gronk out of the game? For stuff like this officials need to be fired or suspended as well with no pay.

You're not alone.  Many people do. 

10 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Sure holding happens on every play, but as we all know, liberties are allowed to be taken with Gronk. White could and should have been called for blatant PIs several times on that play. If the refs had blown the whistle...

I know I'm unpopular here for the simple fact that I'm a Patriots' fan. You trash what I write for only that reason...

Buffalo fans say: Tyrod sucks! Bench the bum! Start Peterman!  TT is the worst QB in the league!

I write: Maybe the Bills should look at drafting a QB in 2018.

Bills fans respond: Ban this troll! Who tf is this clown?  He's making fun of us! You don't know what you're talking about! TT is the greatest!

15 hours ago, ricko1112 said:

Sure holding happens on every play, but as we all know, liberties are allowed to be taken with Gronk. White could and should have been called for blatant PIs several times on that play. If the refs had blown the whistle...

I know I'm unpopular here for the simple fact that I'm a Patriots' fan. You trash what I write for only that reason...

Buffalo fans say: Tyrod sucks! Bench the bum! Start Peterman!  TT is the worst QB in the league!

Bills fans respond: Ban this troll! Who tf is this clown?  He's making fun of us! You don't know what you're talking about! TT is the greatest!

The Pats were up by 20.  The game was over.

It’s embarrassing for gronk to argue “frustration.”  Pathetic even.

On pats boards, you’ll find a lot of homers who agree with you.  Not here.  Patriots in general get favorable officiating - especially Brady.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

By that token every defender has reason to go after Cretin's head because he pushes off and manhandles defenders on every play. 

Thought this was common knowledge. he is amazingly difficult to defend, even before you stack up his transgressions

the Refs call the game. The players should always push to find the lines in the sand,
I don't like it, but that is a big part of professional competition.

NFL Refs ? I am honestly not sure they are all on the same page

On 12/8/2017 at 12:22 PM, Doc said:

You're not alone.  Many people do. 

Include me in that group. The 1 game suspension does nothing to discourage him from doing it again (perhaps the resultant financial loss of incentives stung harder)

Edited by Fan in Chicago

On 12/8/2017 at 10:04 PM, ricko1112 said:

I have never heard of you or read anything from you before this post.  I commented on your response which blamed the refs.  If a Bills player did that to Gronk or Brady or whoever, I would say the same thing.  I thought your excusing a man for his caveman-like actions because the refs didn't do something for your team is absolute garbage.  Honestly, I have no respect for trash like that.  That's why I said what I said.  I don't care who you root for.  That action was disgusting and is inexcusable.  He made the choice, not the refs.  

BTW do you really expect to come into our boards as a Patriots fan and have a nice conversation with some Bills fans?  Really?  We've lost for the last 17 years and been dominated by the Patriots.  You really think you can just come here and have a civil conversation without fans thinking you are here to rub it in?  I just laugh that you come here to say something about the refs to us.  That's laughable.  You complain to fans of a team that's been cursed by a forward pass on a kickoff return for a touchdown...and you expect us to have a serious conversation with you when you complain about the refs?

I laughed when Gronk said how frustrated he was...he's frustrated...HE'S FRUSRATED!!!!  They were up by twenty and had 9 catches for over 100 yards in the game at the time and he's frustrated??!!  He doesn't even know what frustrated is.  Get the excuse BS out of here.  That's just garbage.  Did you notice we got penalized more on the play?  But no, Gronk was frustrated...

Look, I'm all for having real conversations on these message boards about football, that's why I'm here.  If you expect to actually get something out of people here, don't come in here and complain about the refs or BS like that.