Tre' White Clears Concussion Protocol - Good to Play on Sunday

On 12/9/2017 at 1:43 PM, K-9 said:

It was the refs fault? 

Ridiculous.

No, the refs didn't jump on White. However, it's the refs job to call penalties. White should have been called several times for PI on that play. Gronk had been getting held, groped, tripped, and grabbed on every play.That's why he did what he did. It wasn't right. He got suspended. He shouldn't have done it.

On 12/9/2017 at 10:53 PM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Troll says what?

Gronk is a wussy?

Yup I agree 

You had to reach for that one...

On 12/9/2017 at 10:36 PM, Buffalo30 said:

I have never heard of you or read anything from you before this post.  I commented on your response which blamed the refs.  If a Bills player did that to Gronk or Brady or whoever, I would say the same thing.  I thought your excusing a man for his caveman-like actions because the refs didn't do something for your team is absolute garbage.  Honestly, I have no respect for trash like that.  That's why I said what I said.  I don't care who you root for.  That action was disgusting and is inexcusable.  He made the choice, not the refs.  

BTW do you really expect to come into our boards as a Patriots fan and have a nice conversation with some Bills fans?  Really?  We've lost for the last 17 years and been dominated by the Patriots.  You really think you can just come here and have a civil conversation without fans thinking you are here to rub it in?  I just laugh that you come here to say something about the refs to us.  That's laughable.  You complain to fans of a team that's been cursed by a forward pass on a kickoff return for a touchdown...and you expect us to have a serious conversation with you when you complain about the refs?

I laughed when Gronk said how frustrated he was...he's frustrated...HE'S FRUSRATED!!!!  They were up by twenty and had 9 catches for over 100 yards in the game at the time and he's frustrated??!!  He doesn't even know what frustrated is.  Get the excuse BS out of here.  That's just garbage.  Did you notice we got penalized more on the play?  But no, Gronk was frustrated...

Look, I'm all for having real conversations on these message boards about football, that's why I'm here.  If you expect to actually get something out of people here, don't come in here and complain about the refs or BS like that. 

Your emotions clouded your response here. I never excused what Gronk did. I said why he did it. It didn't make it right by any means and it certainly doesn't excuse it. The refs, by calling any of the blatant PIs on that play, would have prevented Gronk's response. All game long he was held, grabbed, had his arm pinned, etc. Gronk rarely gets calls because he's so big. That's what I was saying.

I've had some great conversations with Falcons fans, Seahawks fans, Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, etc. In all my posts here (100 or so) I don't think I've rubbed anything in. Purposely anyway. The refs sucked. They usually do and you can't challenge many of the calls that you should be able to.  

1 hour ago, ricko1112 said:

No, the refs didn't jump on White. However, it's the refs job to call penalties. White should have been called several times for PI on that play. Gronk had been getting held, groped, tripped, and grabbed on every play.That's why he did what he did. It wasn't right. He got suspended. He shouldn't have done it. ...

We can rationalize anything; it's a strong defense mechanism. 

Bottom line is, what the refs call or don't call during the course of a game, has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on whether a player is able to control himself or not; that is ENTIRELY on the player. Gronk was 100% responsible for his action. Period. 

• Like (+1) 2

Your emotions clouded your response here. I never excused what Gronk did. I said why he did it. It didn't make it right by any means and it certainly doesn't excuse it. The refs, by calling any of the blatant PIs on that play, would have prevented Gronk's response. All game long he was held, grabbed, had his arm pinned, etc. Gronk rarely gets calls because he's so big. That's what I was saying.

I've had some great conversations with Falcons fans, Seahawks fans, Jets, Dolphins, Steelers, etc. In all my posts here (100 or so) I don't think I've rubbed anything in. Purposely anyway. The refs sucked. They usually do and you can't challenge many of the calls that you should be able to.  

...you still didn't admit to Gronk's wrongdoing, you just said if the refs made a call he wouldn't have done what he did.  Doesn't matter whether they called it or not, he needs to grow up and deal with it.  That was such an unacceptable disgusting play by him and yet all you can do is say the refs didn't make a call.  That is not a valid reason for doing what he did, therefore, you are making an excuse for him.  I don't care what calls he does or doesn't get, this was not a football play.  

In most situations, I think it is fine to question the refs but not in this case.  No one short of a dirty player takes out their frustrations in this way.  It was disgusting.  Look at Shazier, he got hurt on a regular football play and may never play again.  Gronk easily could've ended White's career if he hit him just the right way in the back of the head.  Nothing...nothing the refs could have done would've made it even close to acceptable to make a play like that.  To give him a one game suspension for that action is a joke.  To blame the refs for that play is also a joke in my opinion.  The steelers player hit was during the play on a block, this was far after the play and just a disturbing decision by an athlete like Gronk.  Just disgusting  

Edited by Buffalo30

51 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

...you still didn't admit to Gronk's wrongdoing, you just said if the refs made a call he wouldn't have done what he did.  Doesn't matter whether they called it or not, he needs to grow up and deal with it.  That was such an unacceptable disgusting play by him and yet all you can do is say the refs didn't make a call.  That is not a valid reason for doing what he did, therefore, you are making an excuse for him.  I don't care what calls he does or doesn't get, this was not a football play.  

In most situations, I think it is fine to question the refs but not in this case.  No one short of a dirty player takes out their frustrations in this way.  It was disgusting.  Look at Shazier, he got hurt on a regular football play and may never play again.  Gronk easily could've ended White's career if he hit him just the right way in the back of the head.  Nothing...nothing the refs could have done would've made it even close to acceptable to make a play like that.  To give him a one game suspension for that action is a joke.  To blame the refs for that play is also a joke in my opinion.  The steelers player hit was during the play on a block, this was far after the play and just a disturbing decision by an athlete like Gronk.  Just disgusting  

"It didn't make it right by any means and it certainly doesn't excuse it." That's from my post. I was disappointed in his behavior because that's not the type of play you'd expect from Gronk or NE. That's the  stuff of Seattle, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. If you want to see some really dirty football, watch the Dolphins tonight. Diving at knees, hitting Brady well after the whistle, targeting the heads of Brady and his receivers, grabbing face masks, stomping ankles. Especially since the Dolphins really don't have anything to play for.

I know, I know... You're holding your breath that Brady doesn't get hurt...

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Bottom line is, what the refs call or don't call during the course of a game, has ABSOLUTELY NO BEARING on whether a player is able to control himself or not; that is ENTIRELY on the player. Gronk was 100% responsible for his action. Period. 

SHOULD have absolutely no bearing...

Look at Michael Bennett last night. He was frustrated because the Seahawks were going to lose, so he tried to blow out an o lineman's knees. Suh, Wake, Raiola, Porter, James Harrison, Pac Man, Burfict. Game after game they pull something stupid. The refs let things get too out of hand and people snap.

Those of us who live in the real world have our moments too.

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

1 hour ago, Buffalo30 said:

To think that Cretin didn't have games where he was hit and allegedly interfered with worse than that game, a game in which he caught 9 passes for 147 yards and the Cheaters won, which led to him doing that subhuman (even for a neanderthal like him) act, is unbelievable.  I can only surmise that Cretin was so thoroughly embarrassed by getting chucked to the ground like a rag doll by someone weighing 75# less than his steroid-inflated gorilla suit, a rookie no less, and then INT'ing his QB who White said he didn't give a **** about, is what made him felt like he had to show what a real man he was and pull that stunt.  I hope losing $2M, and maybe more, was worth it, since Tre' came back pretty quickly.  And if that's the best Cretin has...   

Edited by Doc

5 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

SHOULD have absolutely no bearing...

Look at Michael Bennett last night. He was frustrated because the Seahawks were going to lose, so he tried to blow out an o lineman's knees. Suh, Wake, Raiola, Porter, James Harrison, Pac Man, Burfict. Game after game they pull something stupid. The refs let things get too out of hand and people snap.

Those of us who live in the real world have our moments too.

Keep rationalizing to your heart's content. You and ONLY YOU are responsible for your actions and reactions. Just as Gronk is. This "the refs made me so mad I couldn't control myself" excuse is pitiful. The refs had nothing to do with his decision to cheap shot a defenseless player and just because he was "frustrated" is no excuse. 

The real world? Try doing what Gronk did in the "real world" and explain to the judge you were just "frustrated" with whatever external stimuli and you just couldn't control yourself. See how far that gets you. 

"It didn't make it right by any means and it certainly doesn't excuse it." That's from my post. I was disappointed in his behavior because that's not the type of play you'd expect from Gronk or NE. That's the  stuff of Seattle, Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. If you want to see some really dirty football, watch the Dolphins tonight. Diving at knees, hitting Brady well after the whistle, targeting the heads of Brady and his receivers, grabbing face masks, stomping ankles. Especially since the Dolphins really don't have anything to play for.

I know, I know... You're holding your breath that Brady doesn't get hurt...

Yeah...um...I've seen the Pats have many dirty plays over the years, so I don't know what you're talking about but cool man.  

On 12/11/2017 at 8:13 PM, K-9 said:

Keep rationalizing to your heart's content. You and ONLY YOU are responsible for your actions and reactions. Just as Gronk is. This "the refs made me so mad I couldn't control myself" excuse is pitiful. The refs had nothing to do with his decision to cheap shot a defenseless player and just because he was "frustrated" is no excuse. 

The real world? Try doing what Gronk did in the "real world" and explain to the judge you were just "frustrated" with whatever external stimuli and you just couldn't control yourself. See how far that gets you. 

You didn't just compare sports to real life did you? Throw a baseball 100MPH at someone's head, MMA, etc. That's your real world BS...

Gronk was wrong. Gronk was bad . Gonk did a dirty move. That's not up for debate. No one thinks what he did was ok...

There's no rationalizing. No defending it. However, there is a reason he did something so out of character for a Patriots' player... NO ONE worries about cheap shots when playing NE. 

9 minutes ago, ricko1112 said:

You didn't just compare sports to real life did you? Throw a baseball 100MPH at someone's head, MMA, etc. That's your real world BS...

Gronk was wrong. Gronk was bad . Gonk did a dirty move. That's not up for debate. No one thinks what he did was ok...

There's no rationalizing. No defending it. However, there is a reason he did something so out of character for a Patriots' player... NO ONE worries about cheap shots when playing NE. 

You were the one that brought up real life in a previous post so I explained how being frustrated is no excuse in real life,  either. 

Not for nothing, but several of your posts have been nothing but excuses and rationalizations for Gronks thuggish behavior. 

Edited by K-9

23 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Yeah...um...I've seen the Pats have many dirty plays over the years, so I don't know what you're talking about but cool man.  

Yeah...um...Stop making things up. 

Suspensions hurt NE. Penalties hurt NE. We saw that last night, when NE got their asses kicked by Miami. NE missed Gronk's blocking and production. 27-20? Not even that close...

You really think BB would allow anything to hurt the team?

You only watch 2 Patriots' games each year!  Do you really believe what Rex told you, that these are the only 2 games that matter? Real football fans know better...

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

You were the one that brought up real life in a previous post so I explained how being frustrated is no excuse in real life,  either. 

Not for nothing, but several of your posts have been nothing but excuses and rationalizations for Gronks thuggish behavior. 

Once again, there is no excuse for Gronk acting the way he did. I simply pointed out the obvious reason why he did what he dd. 

How about this...

Big Papi stands in the batter's box during the home run derby. The bullpen pitcher throws at his head again and again. Using your logic, Ortiz should simply ignore fastball after fastball smashing into his skull. MLB knows that pitchers are throwing at Papi's head, However, they decide to do nothing about it. Because Papi is so big and strong, MLB ignores PIs against Gronk.

That's reality as of today!!!!

Yeah...um...Stop making things up. 

Suspensions hurt NE. Penalties hurt NE. We saw that last night, when NE got their asses kicked by Miami. NE missed Gronk's blocking and production. 27-20? Not even that close...

You really think BB would allow anything to hurt the team?

You only watch 2 Patriots' games each year!  Do you really believe what Rex told you, that these are the only 2 games that matter? Real football fans know better...

There is a reason I am on a message board for football.  There is a reason I comment on a weekly basis in the college football section...I watch more football than I should haha.  I have watched many Pats games this year like I do every year.  I watch a lot of the games every week by all teams and have for many years.  

I never said a suspension to Gronk wouldn't hurt the Pats.  Never said penalties don't hurt a team.  However, the Pats aren't even close to the most penalized team.  They have 87 penalties this year.  Seattle leads the league with 120.  The Pats are in the top ten in beneficiary penalties so I really don't think you can complain.  Buffalo is dead last in that category by the way, so to complain to Bills fans about not getting a call...probably not gonna get any sympathy from us.

It's funny, I've watched guys like Brandon Merriweather and Rodney Harrison who were known head-hunters smash guys in the head for the Pats over the years. They are certainly a dirty team and a team to be questioned with their off the field stuff as well.

How about spygate...BB wouldn't allow anything that could hurt his...oh wait.  

My favorite part of the Patriots is that Tom Brady is the biggest whiner in the NFL and he gets the most calls to go his way haha.  Any touch that isn't right at his waste is an instant penalty.  I've seen it in countless Pats games including last night where he was touched on the shoulder and immediately turned to the refs to complain and got the call.  The announcers stated how ticky-tack it was.  I saw it as a classic call that went Brady's way.  I've seen QBs get blasted in the head and nothing get called but Brady...

I am not biased like you to the Pats.  I don't hate them at all, I try to see every team for what they are.  I wonder how much "real football fans" watch football?  I thought watching 9 hours every sunday, watching thursday and monday night games and watching replays of some games on youtube during the week was too much haha.  How much do I have to watch to qualify haha?

I respect fans of other teams, just not ones that come to another's message board and complain about the refs after one of their team's players does something like Gronk did...sorry I don't blame the refs for what happened as a result on that play.