Tre' White Clears Concussion Protocol - Good to Play on Sunday

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Good news for Tre and us.  My only concern is that Gronk's flagrant cheap shot will be forgotten since there is no lasting damage.  MFer will probably still be elected to the HOF, even though he doesn't deserve it.  I don't like wishing ill will to any football player, but Gronk?  I hope he gets the Hanson brothers and a big fat piece of coal in his stocking on Christmas Eve.

Was listening to Golic and Wingo this morning. 

They mentioned that the league likely went with one game because of precedent being set by a similar infraction (I forget who was involved).

They also said that the league was going to look into a "Gronk Rule," that would better address the targeted hits like this one.

38 minutes ago, Plano said:

Gronk will be finished off this season: mark my words.

He will not be on the active roster in the playoffs, guaranteed.

First I am glad Tre is ok and cleared to play Sunday.

second, if they do anything flagrant now on Gronk it won't be a one or two game suspension it will be Goodell putting the hammer down to show he has control. My guess is 6-8 games suspension.. why? Because that is Roger Goodell NFL policy.. which is we can't figure out what the hell punishment gets what.. 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

They mentioned that the league likely went with one game because of precedent being set by a similar infraction (I forget who was involved).

They also said that the league was going to look into a "Gronk Rule," that would better address the targeted hits like this one.

They have looked into a targeting rule the last two years, if this actually makes them adopt one then MAYBE something good come out of the whole incident.

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Good news for Tre and us.  My only concern is that Gronk's flagrant cheap shot will be forgotten since there is no lasting damage.  MFer will probably still be elected to the HOF, even though he doesn't deserve it.  I don't like wishing ill will to any football player, but Gronk?  I hope he gets the Hanson brothers and a big fat piece of coal in his stocking on Christmas Eve.

...it may just have to be.......with the NFL cracking down (except Doink's 1 gamer) , why risk suspensions?.....he's not worth it........subtle payback may have to come next year.....

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

targeted hit? the !@#$ drove his forearm in the kids face. 

I'm hoping karma will haunt him. I never really hated a player as much as brady but gronk has preceded brady big time.

I hate that mother !@#$ers guts.

on another note, glad the kid is okay and will be on the field sunday.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

targeted hit? the !@#$ drove his forearm in the kids face. 

I'm hoping karma will haunt him. I never really hated a player as much as brady but gronk has preceded brady big time.

I hate that mother !@#$ers guts.

on another note, glad the kid is okay and will be on the field sunday.

I'm glad he's okay, too.  I'm sure Gronk is glad, as well.  The guy made a mistake.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

They also mentioned a name for this.

The Gronkowski rule.   

Just now, Gugny said:

I'm glad he's okay, too.  I'm sure Gronk is glad, as well.  The guy made a mistake.

that he did.

he did intercept brady which was cool regardless of whether the game was over at the time.

Tom Brady pass incomplete deep right intended for Rob Gronkowski is intercepted by TreDavious White at BUF-41.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A mistake is slipping on a banana peel or forgetting to carry the 1. 

It's not doing a stutter step and using your arm protection as a weapon as you dive on the back of a defenseless person's head and neck area because you're frustrated with a referee.

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Gronk's a piece of ****

Agreed. I went from having all the respect in the world for him as a player and competitor to having absolutely none. Zip. He is a disgrace to the game.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

A mistake is slipping on a banana peel or forgetting to carry the 1. 

It's not doing a stutter step and using your arm protection as a weapon as you dive on the back of a defenseless person's head and neck area because you're frustrated with a referee.

No.  That's an accident.

And I don't think he was frustrated with a referee.  He was frustrated because he got held and the ball was subsequently intercepted.

Regardless, he has no history of behavior like this.  It's an isolated incident and people need to get the !@#$ over it.

Tre missed a couple days of work.  He didn't die.

Edited by Gugny

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No.  That's an accident.

And I don't think he was frustrated with a referee.  He was frustrated because he got held and the ball was subsequently intercepted.

Regardless, he has no history of behavior like this.  It's an isolated incident and people need to get the !@#$ over it.

I'll get over it when Evil Hodor either personally apologizes to Tre or receives the appropriate retribution for his "mistake." 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Gugny said:

No.  That's an accident.

I'm going to go out on a limb here, but doesn't certain chemicals in your system tend to create rage. that was rage. holding, he's always crying like his buddy under center, looking for the flag. it's the patriot way, refs stay deep in their pockets. no, gronks a punk, that was a punk move by him. it was no mistake, it was !@#$ing intentional.

little man got the bad end of the stick for trying to make a play on the ball against the, cough cough, big man and that pissed him off. instead of getting up and giving the kid props for playing the ball hard, he forearms him in the head, like a punk.

now I'm over it.

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Great, the NFL apology letter.  Was waiting all week for that one.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Come on bud.  

Hiw many OPIs has Gronk been flagged for ?  And how many non calls?

He’s a talented player no doubt but dirty hits are uncalled for.  

Saw this post from a typical Pats fan on NFL.com

Dom Patete

White is a whiner....he cheated all day against Gronk...held him on three occasions during that play, then pushed him down when he wasnt looking.......then he cries when Gronk gets even.

!@#$ers like this make me sick.  But at least it's good to know he'll understand when someone buries an axe in the back of his head to get even when he cuts in line at the store.  There's no reaction like overreaction, am I right?

I’m not a violent person but I hope someone, anyone, takes Gronk out. It can be a clean hit, no problem. Just make him feel pain.  What he did to White was as egregious as anything I’ve ever seen on a football field.