Tre' White Clears Concussion Protocol - Good to Play on Sunday

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They should go full Vince Wilfork on Bradys leg next game

Screw it, go full Gregg Williams and put a bounty on Gronk's head. 

Sign some idiotic table-jumping Bills Mafia goofball for the next NE game, give him some brass knuckles under his gloves, and see what he can do before security pulls him out.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

No doubt but it's more than that, the league in general needs to completely rethink and overhaul penalties and officiating. "Being rude to a ref" should not be the punitive equivalent of "aggravated assault." 

The game wasn't particularly fun to watch before that hit, but I had to turn it off after that. I'm genuinely disgusted and embarrassed to be watching a game where something like that can happen.

Marcus Peters got ejected from the Cheifs Jets game for throwing the refs flag into the stands but Gronk gets no penalty or ejection for giving a player a concussion after the play was over premediated

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, LA Grant said:

Disgusting play by Gronk -- vile, cruel, inexcusable. 

Disgusting call by officials -- how is hitting someone when they're down, after the play is dead, on the head no less -- how is that equal to Jerry Hughes mouthing off at officials?

Gronkowski should have been ejected without hesitation.

That's not the refs fault, they called it all by the rule book. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Dorkington said:

That's not the refs fault, they called it all by the rule book. 

Yeah. I said a few posts back that it's more on the league and the rule book than these specific refs.

NFL needs to completely rethink & overhaul penalties. "Being rude to a ref" should not be the punitive equivalent to "aggravated assault." 

For what Gronk did in this case, bringing his full weight onto the head of a player who is down and defenseless after the play is dead, that should be enough to end the offender's season. Immediate ejection, suspended for remainder of the year. The punishment needs to be that drastic because then players will not do it.

Instead Gronk will get a fine and MAYBE a one-game suspension. It won't even effect his mood.

• Like (+1) 3

Ball-less response by McD. He should have been highly pissed and demanding Gronk be suspended for 4 games and the refs fired. Should announce he's flying to NY in the morning and demanding a meeting with the Commish. But, no, he goes fully robotic automatic response

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, yungmack said:

Ball-less response by McD. He should have been highly pissed and demanding Gronk be suspended for 4 games and the refs fired. Should announce he's flying to NY in the morning and demanding a meeting with the Commish. But, no, he goes fully robotic automatic response

McDermott is not in my top 5 people who I blame for the Gronk late hit but I do agree that would've been nice to see.

3 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Dude, please. Stop and apply common sense.

The refs can't (or at least shouldn't) make up new rules during the game. Sorry man. I think the Gronk hit was bull ****, myself. Hopefully the league adjusts some things going forward for situations like this. 

They didn't have much time to do something about it. I don't think I would want a brawl. It leads to all kinds of trouble and nobody ever really gets hurt in those.

They need to set him up and get him in game. I am not sure how much he was in after that.

And it needs to be the players who organize it and get it done. The coaches need to maybe cooperate a little by calling certain plays. But mostly they need to not organize it and not officially sanction it.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

My story which I tell maybe a bit too often, but which fits  this is:

When Darryl Talley became a hero of mine! I wish there was film of it.

This is a loong time ago. I think maybe even before the Bills graduated to a dynasty or whatever one would call what they were.

The Jets were getting to Jim Kelly a lot and pounding him a little too hard. So they were getting sacks but they were taking him down a bit too hard. At least harder than Darryl Talley thought was necessary.

So the Jets were out on offense, and Darryl Talley didn't wait for a snap or a snap count, just as soon as they lined up, he ran through the line, picked up Neal O'Donnell I believe it was, the Jets QB, turned him upside down and dropped him on his head.

The Jets were so stunned they did nothing at first. Then Talley starts to dance his way back to our side of the line and that broke the trance and a HUGE bawl broke out.

There were lots of penalties all round. But a message was sent. It was sent to all the other teams, but more importantly to everybody on our own team.

I will never forget that and I am still smiling now thinking about it.

We need a Darryl Talley.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 5

Mike Reiss ESPN Staff Writer 

Rob Gronkowski: "I definitely want to apologize to No. 27. I'm not in the business of that. It was a lot of frustration. I was just really frustrated and at that moment it just happened naturally through emotions and frustration. I just want to apologize to Tre'Davious White. I don't really believe in the type of shots like that. But just through TE frustration process, the game of football, emotions, is just what happened."

Gronkowski Apology (1:07)