Cold weather tailgating.

BadThingsMan78

You could possibly use it as a warming hut.  To stay in it for the entire tailgate would in my opinion be similar to going to a tailgate and sitting in your car, which wouldn't be much fun.  At least they could get out of the elements and warm up a bit.  Not sure if they are allowed in the public lots and depending on the size, may not be allowed in the privates....

Just make sure they load up on warm gear, they'll be fine.  Also remember the key to staying warm is being out of the wind, so pay attention to where it's blowing and try to park on the lee side of a van or RV, maybe even trees or a house if you park on a private lot.   

Remember everyone hates to be cold, but there is no bad weather just bad gear.  Dress em up warmly and they'll love it. Stadium blankets are key inside.

• 8 months later...

Warm hat, gloves, long johns, good boots and dress in layers. Hut not a good idea. If they dress warm,, they'll be warm. A flask of brandy helps in the short term. Last resort is to get back in the car and warm up. We used to rent a hotel room that was off of the main lot for the ladies to use the facilities and get warm. I don't know if it's still there. 

On 12/8/2017 at 12:36 AM, Da webster guy said:

Just make sure they load up on warm gear, they'll be fine.  Also remember the key to staying warm is being out of the wind, so pay attention to where it's blowing and try to park on the lee side of a van or RV, maybe even trees or a house if you park on a private lot.   

Remember everyone hates to be cold, but there is no bad weather just bad gear.  Dress em up warmly and they'll love it. Stadium blankets are key inside.

I think the key to staying warm is staying dry.  Once you're wet, forget about it.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, plenzmd1 said:

I 100% disagree on gloves..if keeping warm is the objective mittens are a must. Makes drinking a beer tougher, just remember your coozies to make it easier.

Been to well over 200 games- there is some top notch gloves- spend a few extra bucks and your hands will never be cold! 

• SDS locked this topic