Worse Loses in Bills History

Foreigner

Should the Bills miss the playoffs by one game, or by tie breakers, The Peterman Game will go down in Bills

history forever, and whatever else McDermott and Peterman accomplish in the football world will be a sidelight

to the Peterman Game.

Off hand I can think of two other worse games, and I am talking games that were nightmares in the results.

One is the Music City Miracle in which someone said recently if there was replay back then, the TD would have

been overturned because it was not a lateral. The other game of course was the Scott Norwood game. I believe

many people believe one SB victory is better than four SB appearances.

Do you guys have any other games that are among the worst in Bills history? 

12 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The London game against Jacksonville.

Between Sam Watkins' refusal to play and the boneheaded defensive penalty at the end of the game, they spoiled a great comeback effort by EJ.

He didn't refuse to play, he aggravated his injury when he caught the TD pass against Cincinatti the previous week. Like Week 2 against the jets the following year, he tried pushing through his injuries when he shouldn't have. 

Hardly one of the worst.

That Peterman game gets a lot of attention because of the INTs, of course, but the defense that day was historically bad. They weren't beating anyone with or without Tyrod. If you want to give McDermott the blame for fielding a defense that smelled like ass, then do so, but thinking that we would have won had Tyrod started is delusional considering how bad that defense was.

I'm more pissed about the Jets game than I am the Chargers game.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

One is the Music City Miracle in which someone said recently if there was replay back then, the TD would have

been overturned because it was not a lateral.

you do realize there was repaly in that game no? Guess mot, so yes, there was replay in that game.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

He didn't refuse to play, he aggravated his injury when he caught the TD pass against Cincinatti the previous week. Like Week 2 against the jets the following year, he tried pushing through his injuries when he shouldn't have. 

I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

The team doctors clearly stated that he could not further injure his boo boo foot if he chose to play and that it was a pain tolerance issue.

Did you see the cute pics of him walking around London?

He quit on his teammates.  That's why he's not in Buffalo anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foreigner said:

Should the Bills miss the playoffs by one game, or by tie breakers, The Peterman Game will go down in Bills

history forever, and whatever else McDermott and Peterman accomplish in the football world will be a sidelight

to the Peterman Game.

Off hand I can think of two other worse games, and I am talking games that were nightmares in the results.

been overturned because it was not a lateral. The other game of course was the Scott Norwood game. I believe

many people believe one SB victory is better than four SB appearances.

Do you guys have any other games that are among the worst in Bills history? 

This is absurd for a number of reasons.

No loss is worse than the 4 SB games. And right after that the Music City Miracle is also significant for number of reasons, most notably since it was our last playoff game since the drought began the following season.

But let's say we do finish 9-7 and miss the playoffs by one game, why should we look at just the Chargers game? The Bengals and Jets were equally horrible, especially the latter considering it's the only game the Jets have won in the last 6 games since starting 3-2.

Also I think a lot of people are underestimating the Chargers especially since 4 days after the Peterman debacle they went into Dallas and made a much better QB than Tyrod Taylor look pathetic as well on Thanksgiving. And something tells me in hindsight the Peterman game won't look nearly as bad either when the Chargers win out and win the AFCW and likely make a serious playoff run. Bottom line we weren't winning that game no matter who started at QB.

December 28, 1996---Jacksonville playoff game.  Jimbo's last game and really the beginning of the end for Marv.  Thought we had it when Burris had the pick 6 early in the 4th Quarter.....still depresses me...I can still vividly see Jimbo getting knocked out and fumbling..

Obviously SB 25; but for regular season the Cowboys MNF collapse is a low point that would be hard to beat.

After that game, I've never cared about it all as much.

1 minute ago, JoeF said:

December 28, 1996---Jacksonville playoff game.  Jimbo's last game and really the beginning of the end for Marv.  Thought we had it when Burris had the pick 6 early in the 4th Quarter.....still depresses me...I can still vividly see Jimbo getting knocked out and fumbling..

This one too.  Only playoff game I ever saw live!

9 minutes ago, JoeF said:

It was a sad end to a great career for JK and overall run of dominance by the K-Gun era Bills but I wouldn't consider that game among the worse losses in Bills history, especially since that was the beginning of a very good Jags team that went on to multiple playoff season under Coughlin/Brunell. They also knocked off a much better team that year in Denver with John Elway the next week after beating the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rubes said:

Hardly one of the worst.

That Peterman game gets a lot of attention because of the INTs, of course, but the defense that day was historically bad. They weren't beating anyone with or without Tyrod. If you want to give McDermott the blame for fielding a defense that smelled like ass, then do so, but thinking that we would have won had Tyrod started is delusional considering how bad that defense was.

I'm more pissed about the Jets game than I am the Chargers game.

When I look back on the Peterman game, I won't remember the 5 picks. But I will remember the oline and defense quitting on themselves and their fans. Thank God I didn't waste money going to that game.