'Inside the NFL' : The Perception of Belichick Around the League

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......naw........how could this mean "dominance"?.................

QUICK HITS

• The Patriots have recorded 70 wins over the Bills, the most by the Patriots against any one opponent. The Jets are second with 61 wins.
  • Tom Brady is chasing win #27 versus Buffalo on Sunday December 3, 2017.
  • Bill Belichick has a 80-28 (.741) all-time regular season record against the AFC East as head coach of the Patriots.

You're right...they only went 16-0 once...the other years, they lose 2-3 and sometimes even 4 games.....they also went to the Superbowl only 7 times in the last 16 years...  Brady only has 217 wins and a whopping 63 losses....they are not dominant...B-)

2 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

You're right...they only went 16-0 once...the other years, they lose 2-3 and sometimes even 4 games.....they also went to the Superbowl only 7 times in the last 16 years...  Brady only has 217 wins and a whopping 63 losses....they are not dominant...B-)

....damn bottom feeders............

5 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Bottomiine don't give a rats behind what opposing fans think. They don't matter.

What matters is what gms, coaches and people who actually played  the game think. No one other than Marshal Faulk think the Pats cheated.

....agree.....the other 31 were "lily white innocents" NOT stupid enough to get caught........EVERY one of their FIVE Lombardis shows cheat rust......they're good PERIOD.....deal with it or stop whining......the "cheat defense" is old.................

On 12/1/2017 at 11:07 AM, plenzmd1 said:

I cant comment on the first two combo's, just a bit before my time, but I will take BB/TB over BW/JM really based a ton on the salary cap and free agency. I just think they are doing it in a much tougher era for prolonged success, and over a longer period of time.

I disagree with with your last sentence...I actually think it is easier in this era for a QB to have prolonged success due to all the rule changes that benefit the QB and the offense as a whole...those other great QBs never had it so easy imo.

Hell, Brady gets hit in his knee and the following year they change the rule...he fumbles in the AFC championship and they decide to change the rule to say it was a pass.

Bottom line is it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Who cares except for fans of the Patriots? Why would they matter to Bills fans? Most NFL fans don't like the Patriots and this stuff doesn't really make any difference to anyone outside of the Boston metro. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bottom line is it doesn't matter what anyone thinks. Who cares except for fans of the Patriots? Why would they matter to Bills fans? Most NFL fans don't like the Patriots and this stuff doesn't really make any difference to anyone outside of the Boston metro. 

.....hatred and foment derived from their obvious and prolonged success is how I see it......were they on the "hate chart" back in '85 when Grogan and company absorbed an azz whupping at the hands of the Bears in the SB?......nope.......Pats hate=Yankees hate......dominant for too long.........

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....hatred and foment derived from their obvious and prolonged success is how I see it......were they on the "hate chart" back in '85 when Grogan and company absorbed an azz whupping at the hands of the Bears in the SB?......nope.......Pats hate=Yankees hate......dominant for too long.........

I disagree completely. Sure , the Pats were once seen as irrelevant because that's what they were at the time. Those teams don't move the needle in either direction. For me, if you swapped out the Pats with different players , say A Rodgers or Peyton Manning and a likeable coach like John Harbaugh I wouldn't dislike them at all. There may be some fans who just don't like whoever is winning, but many hate the Pats because Brady and BB and others such as Edelman are DB's and not likeable. The incessant hype by the media and ex Patriot players that pollute most NFL tv shows adds to the dislike. It's mostly about the d-bag players and coach though. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I disagree completely. Sure , the Pats were once seen as irrelevant because that's what they were at the time. Those teams don't move the needle in either direction. For me, if you swapped out the Pats with different players , say A Rodgers or Peyton Manning and a likeable coach like John Harbaugh I wouldn't dislike them at all. There may be some fans who just don't like whoever is winning, but many hate the Pats because Brady and BB and others such as Edelman are DB's and not likeable. The incessant hype by the media and ex Patriot players that pollute most NFL tv shows adds to the dislike. It's mostly about the d-bag players and coach though. 

...we have differing opinions but at the end of the day, respect for both is what makes this place work as designed.....so noted bud.....we're good..:thumbsup:.......

34 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I disagree with with your last sentence...I actually think it is easier in this era for a QB to have prolonged success due to all the rule changes that benefit the QB and the offense as a whole...those other great QBs never had it so easy imo.

Hell, Brady gets hit in his knee and the following year they change the rule...he fumbles in the AFC championship and they decide to change the rule to say it was a pass.

Actually it was the steelers hit on Carson Palmer in the wildcard game that got the ball rolling

On 12/1/2017 at 2:38 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

McDermott and Mayfield (has a nice ring to it doesn't it) 10 Super Bowls coming up.

I'm trying to figure out which of your 2 posts is dumber.

Tough call.

6 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

We all have different views of course, and that's great....I just think that your definition of  " dominance " will never be achieve in the free agency era...... in this current era, the are dominant IMO...and quite frankly, I hope we never see a team that much better than the rest of the league....as I said in an earlier post, I think it's bad for the NFL....

The NFL product, overall, is in a downward spiral.

20 hours ago, Dan said:

And for evidence of your statement, you only have to look at the 2 times Brady missed games.  They went 11-5 and 3-1.  So yeah, he's good and runs that offense, but...when he's not there they don't miss him near as much as the Pack miss Rodgers, for example.

Brady's playoff record: 25-9.

Rodgers: 10-7.

SBs with Brady: 5 wins, 7 appearances.  Without Brady: 0/0.

Rodgers: 1/1

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Huh?

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Huh?

...and the league outlawed Lester Hayes' stick-um....now what?...the Lester Rule?...............

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Look it up...then come back to us.....it was a stupid rule but it was applied correctly in that game...you make it sound like they made up a rule on the spot to help NE....as a matter a fact, in that same 2001 season, the tuck rule was called against NE.....

3 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Bottomiine don't give a rats behind what opposing fans think. They don't matter.

What matters is what gms, coaches and people who actually played  the game think. No one other than Marshal Faulk think the Pats cheated.

You forgot Peyfton Manning http://www.businessinsider.com/peyton-manning-patriots-visiting-locker-room-bugged-2015-8 and Donovan McNabb http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-believed-patriots-cheated-super-bowl-39/

When Spygate broke, some of the Eagles now believed they had an answer for a question that had vexed them since they lost to the Patriots 24-21 in Super Bowl XXXIX: How did New England seem completely prepared for the rarely used dime defense the Eagles deployed in the second quarter, scoring touchdowns on three of four drives? The Eagles suspected that either practices were filmed or a playbook was stolen. "To this day, some believe that we were robbed by the Patriots not playing by the rules ... and knowing our game plan," a former Eagles football operations staffer says.

Pretty much the same thing Marshall Faulk said. He is far from the only player or coach that said y'all cheated as you say.

Edited by reddogblitz

5 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

Look it up...then come back to us.....it was a stupid rule but it was applied correctly in that game...you make it sound like they made up a rule on the spot to help NE....as a matter a fact, in that same 2001 season, the tuck rule was called against NE.....

...hell IM go back to your post(s) about their gaudy statistical accomplishments......so you now EVERY damn excuse in the book is forthcoming like these, "cheaters", yada yada....only a fool would try to deny they're good and have been for some quite some time.....dammit.............

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...hell IM go back to your post(s) about their gaudy statistical accomplishments......so you now EVERY damn excuse in the book is forthcoming like these, "cheaters", yada yada....only a fool would try to deny they're good and have been for some quite some time.....dammit.............

If they're so good, why do they gave to cheat? They DID get fined a quarter of a million dollars once and had Saint Tommy suspended for 4 games another time for getting caught, wait for it, CHEATING.

They are good, but they're tainted. 

On December 1, 2017 at 10:57 AM, plenzmd1 said:

Lets face it, the combination of BB and TB is the best there ever was in the NFL. No way around it. 

Now, I think Brady alone would have still been the GOAT, but not so sure if BB would be the GOAT without Brady, especially in this QB driven Era. Even without Brady, BB probably top 5 all time.

Love the way he attacks, changes game plans loved the eligible/ineligible stuff in the Ravens game, loved going for it on 4th and 2 even though it did not work,.guy just out thinks most coaches.

Always amazes me when still lapses into NFL coach think sometimes, and that would be only reason why he may not be the GOAT..he knows better, but can still have those brainfarts

BB is the best coach not because he gives the best halftime speeches or leads the best post-game pow-wow in the locker room....or any other BS NFL coach crap.

He is the best of all time because he is the smartest.

If you are going to beat him you are going to have to out-think him.

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Huh?

Yes because Brady took the field by himself and won all those games single handedly.  I stand corrected.  But for the record, I'm not saying he sucks... I was pointing out the fact that without Brady, Belichick still gets the team to winning records; indicating that he appears to be more important in their success then Brady.  So, yes, Brady is a certain first ballot HOFer, but Belichick has proven he can win without Brady. The same cannot be said in reverse.  

Contrast that to a QB like Manning who proved he could win with multiple coaches and teams.  Granted we can't say Brady couldn't do it, because he's never had the opportunity.  I would suggest that its completely unknown how he would perform if you take away the team and coach he's played his entire career with.

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

If they're so good, why do they gave to cheat? They DID get fined a quarter of a million dollars once and had Saint Tommy suspended for 4 games another time for getting caught, wait for it, CHEATING.

They are good, but they're tainted. 

....and the other 31 are "lily white innocent", right?......try just not stupid enough to get caught....but one must find obvious (COUGH) reasons for their tainted success.....right.....