'Inside the NFL' : The Perception of Belichick Around the League

24 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

OMG  they used sticum when he was playing he said that when bashing Brady during deflategate. When they all went " that was illegal" he shut up. 

That said im not getting into that rabbit hole on cheating,

You can't go down that rabbit hole, because you know that they're the only team to actually be caught and penalized by the league for cheating.... Twice!  Have the py had unparalleled success...yes.  Have they been caught cheating in actual games...yes.  Can any one say with any certainty how much advantage their cheating culture actually afforded them...no.    They cheated, they won, the entire franchise, and league for allowing it, is tarnished because of it.

The only reason the cheating scandals aren't metioned more is because the league controls the NFL Channel and the distribution rights of their games to the other networks that cover the league.  In other words, they direct the narrative.

We have been having this discussion all week on here and previous weeks and forever. I personally think Belichick is just a better more focussed Wade Philips without Brady. He's a great coach with many strengths but everything comes down to Brady. The fact that he is respected/feared/hated around the league is just a consequence of being an intelligent guy in a sea of moron, dimwitted coaches. Almost every time Belichick has made odd or bad decisions during games he gets bailed out by Brady. When his team experiences bad luck, Brady makes it right. When events don't go as planned or against him the football Gods intervene and bring up an obscure rule (like the tuck game) but who is the QB? not Bledsoe!! Its Brady!!. When you put Belichick into a chess match with many of these coaches he just lets them make the stupid mistakes that sink them. The Atlanta SB was a perfect example. Dan Quinn's abysmal game management handed the Pats victory. Pete Carrol lets Belichick off the hook by calling a pass play in the 2015 SB at the 1 yard line. The list goes on and on.  Great coach but nothing without Brady.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Long time ago, but history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

Walsh and Montana are Brady and Belly's whipping boys.

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BB/TB have barely squeaked by in SB wins, were handed two by SEA and ATL and then there's the whole cheating element. OTOH,  BW/JM never lost a SB and generally crushed opponents.  All a matter of opinion as both combos have achieved greatly. 

No so such thing as just squeaked by Lombardi Trophies.

They have been to 7 Super Bowls won 5, and not for 2 passes they would have won them all.

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Hoodie and Brady are the GOAT period, not just in the NFL but all pro sports.

Yes it sucks as Bills fans to have to watch this given our own circumstances the last 17 years and the Pats being in the same division but we'll never see something like this again and it has to be respected no matter how much you love or hate the Patriots.

McDermott and Mayfield (has a nice ring to it doesn't it) 10 Super Bowls coming up.

56 minutes ago, Dan said:

You can't go down that rabbit hole, because you know that they're the only team to actually be caught and penalized by the league for cheating.... Twice!  Have the py had unparalleled success...yes.  Have they been caught cheating in actual games...yes.  Can any one say with any certainty how much advantage their cheating culture actually afforded them...no.    They cheated, they won, the entire franchise, and league for allowing it, is tarnished because of it.

The only reason the cheating scandals aren't metioned more is because the league controls the NFL Channel and the distribution rights of their games to the other networks that cover the league.  In other words, they direct the narrative.

The only team be caught by the league? Really? I am not getting into it because you all have blinders on and BELIEVE your team is perfect and plays by the rules. The fact is EVERY TEAM has been caught cheating in one way or another. They all lost draft picks (like Dallas and Denver etc) been fined. (Jets) or officially reprimanded. 

Also Sticum WAS AND IS illegal and the 49ers used it to get a competitive advantage. Every team is looking for an advantage when they play, fact that some have to go and THINK that only one has ever been caught cheating is being delusional. Truth be told BOTH infractions were MINOR and blown out of proportion because of WHO it was.

Spygate -- taping in the WRONG location. Was illegal but wasn't the taping but the local.

Deflategate -- Hell the NFL has no proof deflation didn't happen naturally. You have anacdotal evidence like a guy going pee with the ball and in their for 90 seconds. And some text messages from 2 employees.. (mind you neither one ever had a text to or from Brady). Then the super intelligent will say "Brady smashed his phone proves guilt". Nope, Brett Favre refused give over his person phone got fined 50k and he was sending pictures of his junk to a reporter and they had the proof already! 

Now thats all all I am saying as I know I won't convince you as you won't convince me.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

The only team be caught by the league? Really? I am not getting into it because you all have blinders on and BELIEVE your team is perfect and plays by the rules. The fact is EVERY TEAM has been caught cheating in one way or another. They all lost draft picks (like Dallas and Denver etc) been fined. (Jets) or officially reprimanded. 

Also Sticum WAS AND IS illegal and the 49ers used it to get a competitive advantage. Every team is looking for an advantage when they play, fact that some have to go and THINK that only one has ever been caught cheating is being delusional. Truth be told BOTH infractions were MINOR and blown out of proportion because of WHO it was.

Spygate -- taping in the WRONG location. Was illegal but wasn't the taping but the local.

Deflategate -- Hell the NFL has no proof deflation didn't happen naturally. You have anacdotal evidence like a guy going pee with the ball and in their for 90 seconds. And some text messages from 2 employees.. (mind you neither one ever had a text to or from Brady). Then the super intelligent will say "Brady smashed his phone proves guilt". Nope, Brett Favre refused give over his person phone got fined 50k and he was sending pictures of his junk to a reporter and they had the proof already! 

Now thats all all I am saying as I know I won't convince you as you won't convince me.

The Bills have never cheated :D

3 hours ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Hoodie and Brady are the GOAT period, not just in the NFL but all pro sports.

Yes it sucks as Bills fans to have to watch this given our own circumstances the last 17 years and the Pats being in the same division but we'll never see something like this again and it has to be respected no matter how much you love or hate the Patriots.

just come out of the closet already and say youre a patriots fan trolling the board since you have no life.

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

just come out of the closet already and say youre a patriots fan trolling the board since you have no life.

Respecting what NE has done doesn't make me a pats fan.

Again, we are privy to something truly special. Not saying all Bills fans need to embrace it and enjoy because I certainly don't and can't wait until it's all over. But at the end of the day nothing is changing the fact that BB and Brady are the GOAT even if they never make it to another SB again or win one.

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The ole... Everyone does it, not just us defense followed by the well it wasn't really cheating because you don't have someone with a signed affidavit saying, yes I cheated.   Look I would love for your team to have not cheated to win games, it would make me feel better about the league that has done more to cover it up than to prevent it from happening again.  But, the fact of the matter is simple... You can say everyone does it, you can say it was no big deal, but it was your team that did it and did it for years.. May even still be cheating for all we know.... And so all that greatness that you'll forever cherish carries with it a certain taint that you can rationalize, but we all know it's still there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Long time ago, but history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

Staubach and Landry

6 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

I cant comment on the first two combo's, just a bit before my time, but I will take BB/TB over BW/JM really based a ton on the salary cap and free agency. I just think they are doing it in a much tougher era for prolonged success, and over a longer period of time.

Cheating helps.

I don't even consider them when picking the greatests.  They're tainted.  Always will be.

6 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

And none were ever punished for cheating.

• Like (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

The ole... Everyone does it, not just us defense followed by the well it wasn't really cheating because you don't have someone with a signed affidavit saying, yes I cheated.   Look I would love for your team to have not cheated to win games, it would make me feel better about the league that has done more to cover it up than to prevent it from happening again.  But, the fact of the matter is simple... You can say everyone does it, you can say it was no big deal, but it was your team that did it and did it for years.. May even still be cheating for all we know.... And so all that greatness that you'll forever cherish carries with it a certain taint that you can rationalize, but we all know it's still there.

Ahh the old they must have cheated because the NFL said so.. and we know the NFL aid never wrong. Please see Elliot, Ezikial about that! I will laugh at fans like YOU when the Bills get caught in a huge scandal, and tell the other fans to chill most intelligent fans can see threw the crap.

20 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Ahh the old they must have cheated because the NFL said so.. and we know the NFL aid never wrong. Please see Elliot, Ezikial about that! I will laugh at fans like YOU when the Bills get caught in a huge scandal, and tell the other fans to chill most intelligent fans can see threw the crap.

I'm a life long fan of the Bills and I've seen more lousy football played by this team than I care to admit sometimes.  I'll probably even being watching them get embarrassed again this Sunday.  I'm not sure anything could make me not want to watch, read about, and whole heartedly pray for them to do well.  But... If they're ever proven to be doing things like your team has been proven to have done - to directly cheat in a game; I would stop supporting them and certainly defending them.   ...at least until an entire FO, coaching and roster turn over.  

When something is wrong, it's wrong.  I don't try to rationalize and dismiss it to suite my interests.  But, maybe that's just me and why I'm a nobody on a message board and not a millionaire doing all I can to get ahead.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Lets face it, the combination of BB and TB is the best there ever was in the NFL. No way around it. 

Now, I think Brady alone would have still been the GOAT, but not so sure if BB would be the GOAT without Brady, especially in this QB driven Era. Even without Brady, BB probably top 5 all time.

Love the way he attacks, changes game plans loved the eligible/ineligible stuff in the Ravens game, loved going for it on 4th and 2 even though it did not work,.guy just out thinks most coaches.

Always amazes me when still lapses into NFL coach think sometimes, and that would be only reason why he may not be the GOAT..he knows better, but can still have those brainfarts

Funny. I think the opposite. I think Belichick is the GOAT and that without him, Brady would be great but not nearly as great. I think, for instance, that Brady would be killed if he were on the Bills. Belichick has his amazing offense that he runs, or has Brady run, but he has consistently found 5-8 OL each year who pass block tremendously for TB. He gets guys that fit his system on offense and defense. He outcoaches every coach in game plans on both sides of the ball. I think with crappy coaching and lousy blocking, Brady would get abused, however great a passer he is.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Funny. I think the opposite. I think Belichick is the GOAT and that without him, Brady would be great but not nearly as great. I think, for instance, that Brady would be killed if he were on the Bills. Belichick has his amazing offense that he runs, or has Brady run, but he has consistently found 5-8 OL each year who pass block tremendously for TB. He gets guys that fit his system on offense and defense. He outcoaches every coach in game plans on both sides of the ball. I think with crappy coaching and lousy blocking, Brady would get abused, however great a passer he is.

And for evidence of your statement, you only have to look at the 2 times Brady missed games.  They went 11-5 and 3-1.  So yeah, he's good and runs that offense, but...when he's not there they don't miss him near as much as the Pack miss Rodgers, for example.

• Like (+1) 1