'Inside the NFL' : The Perception of Belichick Around the League

Lets face it, the combination of BB and TB is the best there ever was in the NFL. No way around it. 

Now, I think Brady alone would have still been the GOAT, but not so sure if BB would be the GOAT without Brady, especially in this QB driven Era. Even without Brady, BB probably top 5 all time.

Love the way he attacks, changes game plans loved the eligible/ineligible stuff in the Ravens game, loved going for it on 4th and 2 even though it did not work,.guy just out thinks most coaches.

Always amazes me when still lapses into NFL coach think sometimes, and that would be only reason why he may not be the GOAT..he knows better, but can still have those brainfarts

8 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Lets face it, the combination of BB and TB is the best there ever was in the NFL. No way around it. 

Now, I think Brady alone would have still been the GOAT, but not so sure if BB would be the GOAT without Brady, especially in this QB driven Era. Even without Brady, BB probably top 5 all time.

Love the way he attacks, changes game plans loved the eligible/ineligible stuff in the Ravens game, loved going for it on 4th and 2 even though it did not work,.guy just out thinks most coaches.

Always amazes me when still lapses into NFL coach think sometimes, and that would be only reason why he may not be the GOAT..he knows better, but can still have those brainfarts

Long time ago, but history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Long time ago, history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

I don't know man. Joe Montana is tied with Vinny Testaverde for game winning drives, while Brady is tied for 2nd with Marino. That's the only applicable stat to QBs.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Long time ago, history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

I cant comment on the first two combo's, just a bit before my time, but I will take BB/TB over BW/JM really based a ton on the salary cap and free agency. I just think they are doing it in a much tougher era for prolonged success, and over a longer period of time.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't know man. Joe Montana is tied with Vinny Testaverde for game winning drives, while Brady is tied for 2nd with Marino. That's the only applicable stat to QBs.

....Joe+Brady= NINE Lombardis.........not applicable?....

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

I cant comment on the first two combo's, just a bit before my time, but I will take BB/TB over BW/JM really based a ton on the salary cap and free agency. I just think they are doing it in a much tougher era for prolonged success, and over a longer period of time.

BB/TB have barely squeaked by in SB wins, were handed two by SEA and ATL and then there's the whole cheating element. OTOH,  BW/JM never lost a SB and generally crushed opponents.  All a matter of opinion as both combos have achieved greatly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

BB/TB have barely squeaked by in SB wins, were handed two by SEA and ATL and then there's the whole cheating element. OTOH,  BW/JM never lost a SB and generally crushed opponents.  All a matter of opinion as both combos have achieved greatly. 

They were also handed one against the Rams.  Friggin Mike Martz

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nope. Just Game Winning Drives. Learned that right here on this board!

Thats  good stat to use,not completion percentage.

Hell,I could throw swing passes to a running back all day long and get my percentage rate up.

What those GOATS have in common are they perform,notably in crunch time.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Long time ago, but history says Paul Brown and Otto Graham are the greatest coach/QB combo.   Lombardi and Starr were also dominant.  In the modern era, Walsh and Montana are the best IMO.

When you look atnit in the same context Brady/Belichick combo even beats Brown and Graham out.

The nfl championship game was like the old baseball pennant games. So todays conference championship game would be equal to yesteryear's nfl championship game.

1 minute ago, Chris66 said:

When you look atnit in the same context Brady/Belichick combo even beats Brown and Graham out.

The nfl championship game was like the old baseball pennant games. So todays conference championship game would be equal to yesteryear's nfl championship game.

Not exactly.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Imagine Bill Walsh with TB. Perfect West Coast QB. Bill Walsh was one of the greatest coaches of all time.

BB is helped by TB. His previous coaching gigs didn’t show his greatness.

There are a couple things that make B.B. a really good coach and that his ability to adapt to situations on the fly.

He has taken poor defensive showings and turned them into a solid group,regardless of personnel.

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Wait the 49ers were cheaters too. Jerry Rice admitted to it.  That said  different eras and I hate comparing them.

brady has taken the Pats to 7 SB in 14 years! (Not counting this year or year out injured) I say he deserves his place in the argument as best ever as 50% of the time your in the SB with him is shocking. Add in I think 11 AFC Championship games . That's almost 80%!!!  I mean these number for TB/BB are scary. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Yes really, when the season ended the top 2 teams in each division played for the championship game. Today you have to play at least 2 playoff games to get to the Superbowl.

I know the format. It was what it was.  PB/OG teams would have dominated irrespective of the format.