Deandre Coleman is the Reason for Our Season ~ He Shut The Run Game Down

52 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

We have a Super Coleman doubter.

Mods, we have a Super Coleman doubter who has found their way into the thread here. Can fine folks you handle the situation please? Thank you.

... ok, sure let's go ahead and prematurely proclaim him as the Bills next perennial all star for the next 10-years...  Not sure where this spaz reaction is coming from.  I said I would love for this to be true in the post.  Sorry to point out that KC might not be the best way to judge the Bills, let alone this one guy.

5 hours ago, bmur66 said:

And this guy was just sitting around somewhere out of the league?

Yes. Isn't that weird?

On one hand like some posters mentioned, we can fault the Bills for not having someone available to fill in for Dareus right away.

On the other hand, not a bad job to have this guy ready on the shelf to bring in.

Same for Cadet the running back actually. He isn't bad at all for a guy they pulled out of thin air mid-season.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Why was he only in on 14 plays?

As far as I saw, they didn't have him in early. They put him in once the Chiefs started to have run success.

Then once they started with him, he would be in on running situations. But this game they had Kyle and Coleman, mostly one or the other. So the Chiefs couldn't just gash us when Kyle was not in, like the other teams had been doing.

Then toward the end he was in less because the Chiefs were passing a lot.

3 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I love the big guys in the middle of a 4 man front. I know Kyle is a god to bills fans but we need bigger guys in there or a big guy with him to not get run over.

Mainly I think the trouble is Kyle doesn't play every down. He probably can't at his age. So now we have somebody else good against the run they can put in when Kyle is not in there,  whereas before we did not.

3 hours ago, Jobot said:

I'd love for this thread to be accurate.

But Kansas City has been struggling in pretty much every way possible over the past 5-games.  They a lost a similarly played game to the Giants one week ago...

This week vs the PATs will tell us everything about where the Bills are weak.

I am looking forward to the Pats game to see how 98 does. That will tell us more about how he does against a top notch offense.

54 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Feed that man! Great analysis OP...

I like to like Bills players I didn't realize I SHOULD be liking (if that makes sense)...

It does make to me! I feel the same.

39 minutes ago, Jobot said:

... ok, sure let's go ahead and prematurely proclaim him as the Bills next perennial all star for the next 10-years...  Not sure where this spaz reaction is coming from.  I said I would love for this to be true in the post.  Sorry to point out that KC might not be the best way to judge the Bills, let alone this one guy.

It was a joke.

It will be hard to know how much Coleman affects the run defense until they play a good run team.  And none of the teams remaining on the schedule are good running teams.  The Cheaters are the best with a mid-league YPC. 

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

We have a Super Coleman doubter.

Mods, we have a Super Coleman doubter who has found their way into the thread here. Can fine folks you handle the situation please? Thank you.

A DT on his fourth team in 4 seasons playing his second game for his current team is a significant factor in stopping the KC running game? Playing all of 14 snaps?

8 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

A DT on his fourth team in 4 seasons playing his second game for his current team is a significant factor in stopping the KC running game? Playing all of 14 snaps?

Yep. That is one thing that makes it so surprising.

And the 14 plays were 14 plays in which they could not run the ball up the middle. 

That is what I saw.

I

6 hours ago, BigBuff423 said:

I don't agree with your take on Dareus, but to each his own....however, we need to point out a HUUUUUGE mistake factually regarding Kyle Williams:

So far he has 41.5 sacks....he had 10.5 sacks in ONE year, the great year with Schwartz. Let's clear that up and edit please. Doing a disservice to the man who to me should go on Buffalo's Wall of Fame someday.

I'm not doing a disservice to anyone. I pointed out facts 

kyle Williams has 41.5 career sacks and Dareus has 35 in only 6.5 years 

That's my point to prove Dareus is a force. He has kyles stats in almost half the time

Dareus was a force here. He didn't mail it in

9 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I doubt ten years. He is like Mario Williams who relied on his talent but now is out of the League because of his lack of effort .

I didn't say 10 more years. I said by all accounts he will be a 10+ year defensive tackle

which doesn't happen to people who checked out and don't like football

he only needs 3 more years for 10. Guaranteed he reaches it.

players with no effort don't reach that. Even Mario was an all pro who showed effort at times. He wasn't a sloth for 10 straight years

Edited by Buffalo716

11 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I

I'm not doing a disservice to anyone. I pointed out facts 

kyle Williams has 41.5 career sacks and Dareus has 36 in only 6.5 years 

That's my point to prove Dareus is a force. He has kyles stats in almost half the time

Dareus was a force here. He didn't mail it in

I didn't say 10 more years. I said by all accounts he will be a 10+ year defensive tackle

which doesn't happen to people who checked out and don't like football

he only needs 3 more years for 10. Guaranteed he reaches it.

players with no effort don't reach that. Even Mario was an all pro who showed effort at times. He wasn't a sloth for 10 straight years

I will disagree that he "didn't mail it in" for much of his career after his contract. I disagree, but that's perfectly ok. 

Just now, BigBuff423 said:

I will disagree that he "didn't mail it in" for much of his career after his contract. I disagree, but that's perfectly ok. 

I understand why people believe he mailed it in after the contract...

but again

DT is the most selfless position on defense. We got spoiled with Sam Adams and Pat Washington and Kyle and Marcell.

DTs don't put up stats. They take double and triple teams and fill gaps

Marcell Dareus was playing hurt but he was 100% still our best run stuffer. He was the only guy we had that commanded a double every play

peoole are irritated because he doesn't get 10 sacks a year. That's the only reason people can complain 

because when he played on Sunday's he was the only immovable object on the line. One of the best run stuffers in the NFL and the best on our line

everybody can have their opinions of Dareus but he's still one of the best DTs in the game. You don't lose it. He's 27

2 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Ever heard of one man's trash is another man's treasure?

Or, what works for us may not work for them?

So by your logic, after your 1st relationship didn't work out, you should have been labeled a bust, or not good enough.

Many examples of players in the NFL who are either put in the wrong system, or wrong position, maybe wrong coaching, wrong training, maybe also they haven't matured yet. This guy might be a gem. But you quick to count him out. My question is, why?

14 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was with the Bills last season as well as earlier this season.  He was a Street FA. 

Thank you for the information. Terrific addition and good roll player. This was good work by Whaley and his scouting department. It goes to show you that good player development is part and parcel to building a roster. 

1 hour ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

Ever heard of one man's trash is another man's treasure?

Or, what works for us may not work for them?

So by your logic, after your 1st relationship didn't work out, you should have been labeled a bust, or not good enough.

Many examples of players in the NFL who are either put in the wrong system, or wrong position, maybe wrong coaching, wrong training, maybe also they haven't matured yet. This guy might be a gem. But you quick to count him out. My question is, why?

I used to be amazed by this type of rhetoric. Now I'm just sad for those who go to this extent to prove their point. 

Comparing human relationships to 340 street free agent DT's? Whoa. Mind blown. :lol:

Never mind that Coleman has already been released twice by the team in less than 3 months. If they thought he was a difference maker, it stands to reason they wouldn't have let him go. And that 31 other teams didn't need his services.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Well...he is 341 lbs...those 50 lbs give him a lot more strength than Washington at 295....

We didn't have that size in there since Dareus left. Now if Coleman plays more he will chew up double teams. They never had to double Worthy, Washington or Thorton. Once Kyle retires, we can draft or sign a big FA NT to compliment Coleman. I like Shaq's run stopping ability but I sure wish he was a better pass rusher. Coleman is a beast.