Giants to Start Geno Smith at QB - Eli to Start Again After HC and GM Fired

26CornerBlitz

13 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Do you really think he would be an upgrade over Dennison? I hate Rico myself but the Giants offence was so bad earlier in the year, he gave up his play calling duties.

And McAdoo just seems like a sleezeball. I would not want that guy on the Bills coaching staff

Things went sideways for him as a HC and in an attempt to salvage his job he needed to let loose of the playbook and attempt being an actual HC.

He was promoted quickly because the success he had as an OC, he was so good at it that it got him a position he wasn't ready for. I have few doubts that he is better off as an OC and focused solely on that. It will be intresting to see where he lands.

This move had to have been made by the GM/ownership. It's a look towards the future and it leaves the SB hero and HC out of the picture. I'm not sure why this move would reflect poorly on McAdoo, he is a dead man walking and a guy in his position isn't making this kind of decision. 

Lol....Eli hasnt been that guy for a few years now...long overdue in my opinion...but for Geno???

I dont get it...Smith is a turnover machine almost on par with Peterman....

Edited by matter2003

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Per NFL.com

Eli to the bench.  Tank!

Wow.......... You think they would give the rookie Webb a shot first. But Geno? This is about as obvious as it gets. You can't blame Eli for that OL. you can't blame Eli for the crap they have @ RB, and you can't blame Eli for the injuries. Bet he ends up in Jax next year with Marrone and Coughlin

according to Spotrac Eli's cap hit is ~$13 mil in 2018 and 2019 has an out clause.

that is certainly affordable...i'd be up to trade Tyrod in for Eli as the place holder vet for next couple years.

question is... what will NYG ask in trade for him? would they release him?

I would not give up more than a 2nd for Eli personally

and playing Geno first over Davis Webb is a dumb move. Davis Webb was my favorite qb prospect the year he was drafted.. I think he has solid potential.. way more than Geno

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Things went sideways for him as a HC and in an attempt to salvage his job he needed to let loose of the playbook and attempt being an actual HC.

He was promoted quickly because the success he had as an OC, he was so good at it that it got him a position he wasn't ready for. I have few doubts that he is better off as an OC and focused solely on that. It will be intresting to see where he lands.

This move had to have been made by the GM/ownership. It's a look towards the future and it leaves the SB hero and HC out of the picture. I'm not sure why this move would reflect poorly on McAdoo, he is a dead man walking and a guy in his position isn't making this kind of decision. 

I can't say I'm sold on him as a offensive play caller. 

And I know this decision is coming from the front office, but just meant him in general. Seems like a arrogant egomaniac. Lots of reports his players can't stand him

9 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Smart. This is what a smart franchise does. When you're done, you try and lose out instead of winning meaningless games at the end of the year.

I'm anti-tank, but once a team is eliminated from playoff contention, I agree that there is no reason to play an aging QB to try to win meaningless games. 

Look how effective the Bills' mini-tank was last year:  They moved up from the 15th to the 10th pick, just by losing one game.  As it turned out, that was the difference between being able to pick one of the top 3 QBs and not.  We certainly would not have had the same trade down opportunity sitting at 15.

Edited by mannc

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I can't say I'm sold on him as a offensive play caller. 

And I know this decision is coming from the front office, but just meant him in general. Seems like a arrogant egomaniac. Lots of reports his players can't stand him

He certainly destroyed any chance he has as HC'n in the near future but if he is under someone else maybe that reigns him back in.

The first question any potential employer should ask is, are you opposed to a shower and a hair cut? Then go from there.

• Haha (+1) 1

This sucks. Eli is one of the nicest people on the face of the earth, and the Luke Skywalker to NE's Emperor. 

Giants fans want both McAdoo and Jerry Reese to be hung from the Brooklyn Bridge at this rate, and I think that actually might happen. What a mess.