Jimbo Fisher leaving FSU for Texas A&M

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Is A&M that much better of a school?

No, FSU is the better program with traditionally an easier path to the playoff (usually SEC > ACC most years) though A&M had made big strides under Sumlin. Jimbo must just want out. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

No shortage of drama today.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/2017/12/1/16723758/jimbo-fisher-florida-state-transfer-texas-am

What I did find, however, was multiple players who stated firmly that they can no longer trust Jimbo Fisher, and that if he comes back, they intend to transfer. They spoke on the condition of anonymity.

“If he’s back, I’m out.”

Edited by Cynical

This tops the UT fiasco as the craziest story of the off-season.  I saw the rumors, but right up until now I didn't think he would actually do it.  Crazy.

On the bright side, the Gators two biggest rivals are both in shambles, and that's just fine!

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

Look for a&m front 7 to be insanely good next five years....

Texas is the lifeblood of college football recruiting, especially on the dline....

They will replace bama I'm a few years jmo

Texas is definitely fertile recruiting ground but there is a lot of competition for those kids, and schools that recruit nationally like OSU have been very successful in recruiting there as the Longhorns have been down . Actually Sumlin had  been pretty good recruiting - at one point a couple years ago A&M has higher ranked recruiting class than all other Texas schools 

Jimbo will need to prove he can win the SEC, no easy task 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, westerndecline said:

Look for a&m front 7 to be insanely good next five years....

Texas is the lifeblood of college football recruiting, especially on the dline....

They will replace bama I'm a few years jmo

Yeah, Florida is just a big black hole of talent.

Saban has already been recruiting against Jimbo. What makes you think it will now be different?

5 minutes ago, Cynical said:

Yeah, Florida is just a big black hole of talent.

Saban has already been recruiting against Jimbo. What makes you think it will now be different?

Florida is great, but it's becoming a baseball area, and is more known for skill guys.... But the population there is quickly shifting to baseball. It's a huge reason Florida, Florida st, and Miami were less talented 2000 forward...

Those teams in the 80s and 90s were INSANELY TALENTED...

Texas is a whole new mark for a great recruiter like jimbo

Jmo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.