What was the most frustrating loss to Pats in last decade?

YoloinOhio

Most frustrating Patriots loss in last decade  

334 members have voted

1. 1. What was the most frustrating loss to the Pats in last decade?

• Week 11, 2007 - Bills lose 56-10 on SNF after starting out 5-4
    • Week 10, 2008 - Bills lose to Matt Cassell for 2nd time
    • Week 1, 2009- Bills lose 25-24 on MNF after Brady throws 2 TDs in final 2 min/McKelvin fumble
    • Week 17, 2011 - Bills jump out to 21-0 lead, Pats score 49 unanswered points
    • Week 2, 2015 - Rex’s 2nd game, highly hyped ... Brady throws for 466 in Orchard Park
    • Week 11, 2015 - Bills lose 20-13 on MNF ...refs inadvertently blow whistle before Brady INT, keep clock running when Watkins gets out of bounds and we lose a chance to run final play
    • Week 8, 2016 - Chris Hogan returns to Buffalo to punk Rex’s secondary
    • Other horrible Pats loss

seasons the bills at least split.

1999 (sweep)

2014 (game 17, brady played only the first half)

last 20 years, owned. 31-7, total dominance.

shame it'll likely take brady carted off the field or retirement before the bills have a chance to take the division again, who doesn't want to beat brady?

0-0 this season and I have a slight ray of hope they can manage to at least take the first meeting at home.

Voted for Week 1, 2009, as did almost everyone else.  That gut punch was a little worse than all the others!  

While reading over the poll options, I saw the Week 2, 2015 option, and the mention of Brady throwing for FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SIX yards in Orchard park and I literally burst out with a loud laugh.  I might rank that one #2.  

:(

Before the kickoff,  any Bills fan with a shred of football acumen, was saying to themselves, just don't  get stood up and let them rip it. out.   You get in trouble, you get down.   Dont do the stupid thing.    And then booooooooooooom on cue stood up and sriipped.  

McKelvin. UTTERLY. RIDICULOUS. TOTALLY BONEHEAD.

It still galls me to this day whenever I think about it.

Still doesn't COMPARE to the Shawn Jefferson phantom first down and PI called on Henry Jones that caused Ralph Wilson to come out of his box.

!#!@#$# CHEATERS @!#!#@# REFS.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

8 hours ago, stevewin said:

Not in the last 10 years, but the most memorable for me is 10/3/04.  In the final minutes the Bills are driving for the tying score.  3rd and 2 from the Patriot** 16, Travis Henry gets the handoff with wide open path to the first down and .. falls on his face, untouched.  Next play is a Bledsoe naked bootleg, who fumbles and Richard Seymour runs it back 68 yards for a TD.

I was at the game with my father, brother and our then 6 yr old sons.  There was an obnoxious Pats** fan who was trolling the crowd the whole game - near the end of the game he comes down the aisle and is talking crap and giving Bills fans the finger.  I am seeing red, and as he goes by me and I had a few choice words for him, after which he spits at me.  I ended up chasing the idiot down the aisle and into the concourse.   I'll never forget the look on my son and nephews faces when I came back to our seats - like "Who are you?"

this is the one that always comes to mind. a forgotten game in drought lore.  we were so innocent there, with our 4 year drought..  it felt like the bills had them at almost every point of the game... and somehow, the patriots took it away.  

The most frustrating thing is that for about ten of the losses we would have won or come close had Brady merely played excellent, but instead he played almost perfect.   

The underrated game in the series that sticks out is 2012 where Fitz almost outgunned Brady but TJ graham zigged instead of zagged.  Bills piled up almost 500 yards of offense.  If the Bills get this marquis win on the road Chan and Fitz stay with a 7-9 record, Manuel is not drafted and the whole course of team history is different.  

The thing that's mind boggling is the number of ways the Pats beat you.   Rex's no pressure---shredded, journeymen rbs shredding us for 200 yards, special teams, etc.   Only thing I know, I'd rather go down going after the GOAT, than being on my heels. 

The loss in 2010 at The Ralph 34-3 was extremely frustrating at the time.  We were 4-2 in our last 6 games and looked like we were turning a corner.  Really looked forward to the Pats game as I thought it would be a good test to see where we stood then.  Hey even though Stevie dropped the TD a few weeks before they took Pittsburgh to overtime.

What happens was just a flat out ass kicking.  At that time it made 15 losses in a row.

Yes this one doesn't rival McKelvin or even some of these over time.  But at that moment it was extremely extremely frustrating. 

the leodis game was worst for me, because it was on national TV and was like having yourself get fed feet-first into a chipper/shredder. you knew what was happening, could feel the pain, and were powerless to stop it.

however, the 1998 "just give it him" game is a very close second.

(credit bills NC fan for the link)

Edited by wnysteel