End zone celebrations

On 11/26/2017 at 10:30 PM, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Now I know why the NFL banned them; they are ridiculous and stupid,you scored a touchdown not won the Super Bowl get over yourselves.

Watching professional athletes acts like members of a high school drama club is sad and pathetic.

Spike the ball, do some chest bumps and get off the field.

Im with you that is a HUGE part of why i haven't watched one & a quarter games this year !!

Every year it gets more & more about WATCH ME LOOK AT ME !! 

This new crap they are doing makes TO look lame ! His was spontaneous at times i think these players today spend a lot more time thinking about how to celebrate than on the actual game plan ...

I wish they would change the rule back to the way it was it is making the game worse !! 

• Like (+1) 1

I said it before the season started, and I still believe this will blow up in their face.  Some hot head on the other team will get offended by a celebration, and decide to insert himself into said celebration....leading to pushing/shoving/punches/personal fouls/players being ejected.  Then next season, they will go back to "no multi-player celebrations".

I didn't even realize this was allowed, but during last nights game, after a sack, there was a multi-player pose/celebration.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It's amazing how worked up people get about watching other men play a game.

I think most of them are pretty funny, especially if they aren't taunting their opponent. I always thought the rule should be that if the celebration is dumb, you get a 15 yard penalty.

It's amazing to me that people offer their opinion and because you don't like it it means people are worked up.

i think this stuff is crap, primarily due to my age and how I was taught during my youth.  I am, however, fully capable of expressing an opinion without getting worked up.

from some of the posts it looks like some of these players actually put time into planning these things.  If I were their coach I would prefer they put that time into film study.

13 hours ago, T-Bomb said:

So the intro to tonight's game, the rookie RB is telling us how even before the play what he was thinking about most was his TD celebration, and that he didn't want to screw it up.

Yeah, that's what he should have been concentrating on...

GIVE ME A BREAK!

And yes, I know this was an anti-bullying fluff piece, but this is why the game is ****.  The whole premise is ****.

Yeah because he decided not to practice this week...he instead chose to work on his endzone celebration. 

Sigh...posts like these....

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It's amazing to me that people offer their opinion and because you don't like it it means people are worked up.

i think this stuff is crap, primarily due to my age and how I was taught during my youth.  I am, however, fully capable of expressing an opinion without getting worked up.

from some of the posts it looks like some of these players actually put time into planning these things.  If I were their coach I would prefer they put that time into film study.

They are celebrating after they score touchdowns.

and as silly as it is, it is great for team chemistry.  Life is hard, you need to make it fun.  Especially when you are playing a game.  

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

and as silly as it is, it is great for team chemistry.  Life is hard, you need to make it fun.  Especially when you are playing a game.  

As I've said a number of times now, if you like it fine.  I don't.  And it does seem interesting the best coach in the game doesn't allow them in his team.

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

As I've said a number of times now, if you like it fine.  I don't.  And it does seem interesting the best coach in the game doesn't allow them in his team.

Yes ... he does.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

My understanding is individual players can do spikes like Gronk but these choreographed things are not allowed by Belichick.  Is that incorrect?

I watched a choreographed celebration by the Pats* on Sunday.  It's probably a rule of his that they broke, so yeah ... I guess you're right.

But it has nothing to do with the Patriots* being so dominant.

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't know about that.  I'd fall into the old guy category, and spontaneous celebrations in the moment never bothered me.  Signature touchdown moves never bothered me.   I even liked some of the obviously scripted celebrations that were creative.  My problem with it now is that when you need the lead choreographer from Hamilton to script it all out, and a brief intermission while other players on the team get into position while props are arranged, I think they look kinda silly.  When you  factor in that some of these occur on losing teams...blech. 

I don't know why some of those guys just don't join a synchronized swimming team. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

I watched a choreographed celebration by the Pats* on Sunday.  It's probably a rule of his that they broke, so yeah ... I guess you're right.

But it has nothing to do with the Patriots* being so dominant.

It has to do with establishing a culture that is all about football.

45 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Like the '85 Bears?

The choreographed end zone celebrations weren't in existence then as I recall.  They did their share of crazy things like the dance stuff, but as I recall that was off the field.

If you can show me a time where a great like Walter Payton participated in one of these choreographed "celebrations" on the field I'd like to see it.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:23 AM, GunnerBill said:

I agree actually.  I think the balance is way off now.  Some of the stuff that drew flags before was not something that should have been penalised but equally some of the stuff that is going on now is so cringeworthy.... 

the proper spelling is "penissized"

• Haha (+1) 1

On 11/26/2017 at 11:36 PM, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

The NFL banned them because the opponents were reacting by pushing etc during the celebration. I'm thinking it's only a matter of time before the pushing starts again. I have see issues already. 

That'll be easy to deal with.  Personal foul on the player for interrupting the celebrants' fun.