(Sarcasm) Tyrod's worst play.

ChicagoRic

2 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

So, just looking at the gameday thread, Tyrod's WORST (UNFORGIVABLE) play was a 14 yard COMPLETION.  On the ROAD when the Bills were a significant UNDERDOG.

Tyrod played solid, mostly mistake free football.  He made some nice passes and some plays with his legs where it counted.  Not perfect, but rock solid.  Amazed at how far the far-right wing of the Anti-Tyrod movement will reach to find fault.  

Unreal.  

Barring a deep run into the playoffs, and maybe even with that, Tyrod is gone next year, but he's the best we have had in a long time.  Hopefully our pick will pan and out we get our franchise QB.  But in the meantime, give the guy some credit. 

He had tons of plays worse than that.

Good (or better)QB play today puts KC away probably in the first half, and by several TDs.

Tyrod's middling QB play kept it interesting until the end of the game.

17 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

So, just looking at the gameday thread, Tyrod's WORST (UNFORGIVABLE) play was a 14 yard COMPLETION.  On the ROAD when the Bills were a significant UNDERDOG.

Tyrod played solid, mostly mistake free football.  He made some nice passes and some plays with his legs where it counted.  Not perfect, but rock solid.  Amazed at how far the far-right wing of the Anti-Tyrod movement will reach to find fault.  

Unreal.  

Barring a deep run into the playoffs, and maybe even with that, Tyrod is gone next year, but he's the best we have had in a long time.  Hopefully our pick will pan and out we get our franchise QB.  But in the meantime, give the guy some credit. 

I'm sorry that after 17 years I refuse to accept mediocrity at the position again.  We have a chance with all of the draft picks we have to get a 1st round QB.  I think that is the way to go.  And there were many more plays where Tyord looked like Tyrod.  He had a few plays again where he held onto the ball for an eternity and took a sack.  At least throw it away...but he just isn't a savvy enough QB to do the smart things.  That incompletion was an embarrassing throw as well as the almost pick six duck toss to Charles Clay.  Not just one play man...every week he has handfuls of plays that are just frustrating and limiting to an offense.  Even with Dennison's poor play calling we should've had more than 16 points in that game.  The opportunities were there but he just couldn't make them. Same old Tyrod.  I'm done with the middling average QBs.  They don't get you anywhere.

17 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They won INSPITE of Dennison/McDermotts version of Jauron ball.

Hard to do anything as a QB when your OC rarely gives you a chance.

The Bills get a lead and go into a SHELL on offense.... by design. 

How anyone could not see this is beyond me.  They went into a shell at the beginning of the second half, FFS.  

18 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I agree it was one of his worst plays and I'm a Tyrod fan. That was one of few that he had time and a guy open and it's easy. He missed an easy play. On third and long. There were a lot of plays people will complain he didn't make that he had very little chance on. 

I think the body clock rushed it.  The deep route on the right side of the field brought both the corner and the high safety deep so there was room.

If the corner doesn't - and reads that play then it could be a pick.  He may have just rushed the read and forced it in the window he saw.

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He had tons of plays worse than that.

Good (or better)QB play today puts KC away probably in the first half, and by several TDs.

Tyrod's middling QB play kept it interesting until the end of the game.

Good QBs are constantly behind the sticks all game because of a terrible run game.

56 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I'm sorry that after 17 years I refuse to accept mediocrity at the position again.  We have a chance with all of the draft picks we have to get a 1st round QB.  I think that is the way to go.  And there were many more plays where Tyord looked like Tyrod.  He had a few plays again where he held onto the ball for an eternity and took a sack.  At least throw it away...but he just isn't a savvy enough QB to do the smart things.  That incompletion was an embarrassing throw as well as the almost pick six duck toss to Charles Clay.  Not just one play man...every week he has handfuls of plays that are just frustrating and limiting to an offense.  Even with Dennison's poor play calling we should've had more than 16 points in that game.  The opportunities were there but he just couldn't make them. Same old Tyrod.  I'm done with the middling average QBs.  They don't get you anywhere.

He took 2 sacks all game! Behond that terrible line! At least 1 of the sacks were on 3rd down so throwing it away would have been a punt anyways.

What are you rambling about?

20 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

Unreal.  

I'll give the guy credit, sure. But given our state of the team and our starvation for the post-season, he'll need to make more accurate throws when it counts.

What I thought you were going to say here was on that throw to O'Leary on 2nd and long setting up 3rd and 2 late in the game. I think even Trent called it out saying O'Leary had 15-20 yds of open space to not just make the 1st down, but extend into red zone/1st and goal territory. I think the game was 16-10 at that point and we really needed a field goal at the least to help our defense. O'Leary may have been able to stay on his feet, but TT put it just below his waist and slightly behind enough that O'Leary had to open his shoulders while crossing the field and couldn't stay up. I wish TT had hit him in stride for the extra 15-20, as I'm sure he wishes he had as well.

Nonetheless it was one play and our defense came up big - but I'd rather count on our offense to put points on the board when it matters, and TT making these independent throws matters.

That O'Leary pass definitely could have been better.  It was one of the big reasons we didn't get that first down.  At the same time, O'Leary could have got up and run for the first down or probably just rolled for a first down pretty easily.

That said, I think people are really dumb when it comes to the Taylor scrutiny.  He's doing what he's asked to do in an offensive system and with an OC who simply looks inept.

Can anyone find a stat for "most negative plays on 1st and 2nd down in the NFL" this year or "most negative rushes in the NFL?"

I bet we're right at the top, if not #1 for both.

Dennison won't get fired this year, but I really hope McDermott fires him in the offseason and brings in McCoy, the guy he apparently wanted initially.

In that game Taylor faced an average of 8 yards to go on 3rd down.  That's considered a 3rd and long and Taylor converted 4 out of 11 of those 3rd and longs. 

That 36.4% conversion percentage yesterday on 3rd and long is the 4th highest conversion percentage in the entire NFL on 3rd and long.  And Taylor faces waaaaaayyyy too many of those (tied for 2nd most in the entire NFL) thanks to some terribly predictable playcalling on first and 2nd down by Dennison.

I actually read some posts by some idiotic people putting blame on Taylor for not getting a 1st down to run out the clock on our 2nd to last drive... as though it's his fault Dennison called 2 straight runs that got stuffed and then a QB draw.

People are dumb.  Taylor's a good QB who we'll try to upgrade on in the offseason.  In the meantime, he's the guy helping us to win games as opposed to the guy last week who literally threw games away to the other team last week.

3 hours ago, Jackington said:

He took 2 sacks all game! Behond that terrible line! At least 1 of the sacks were on 3rd down so throwing it away would have been a punt anyways.

What are you rambling about?

Those are still mistakes that hurt field position which on a team that's strengths are running the ball and playing good defense can be costly in a game.  We had some short fields yesterday which gave them a luxury but in the past three games we've started with poor field position and given our opponents short fields even just from punting.  Mistakes like those need to be limited.  He's done them throughout the season and cost our team potential points by getting sacked out of field goal range.  Thank heavens for Hauschka.  There's just too many missed opportunities with him.  There are many other problems with the team no doubt.  I'm not denying that but he just isn't going to take you anywhere.  If we want to become a consistent contender, we have to get better QB play.  Tyrod is the best we have for now but we need to get better.  Being mediocre at the QB position  for the past 15+ years is about enough for me.  Let's not settle once we get a guy that's just okay.  I'm not here to be just okay.  I wanna win