Gameday thread - Bills and Chiefs 2nd half

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

It would have been a major factor...details win and lose football games much more than the average person watching with no real fundamental knowledge realizes...and that was an INEXCUSABLE detail that was wrong...in a nutshell that is why Taylor csnt be a franchise QB...he does the big things right but too many details not well enough...

In the big picture O'Leary is inside the 20 if he catches it on the run, we kick at least a FG and go up 9...running more time off the clock...instead we made it way harder than we needed to...details details...

His point is all quarterbacks make bad passes like that. Some flat out miss.

Just now, matter2003 said:

It would have been a major factor...details win and lose football games much more than the average person watching with no real fundamental knowledge realizes...and that was an INEXCUSABLE detail that was wrong...in a nutshell that is why Taylor csnt be a franchise QB...he does the big things right but too many details not well enough...

In the big picture O'Leary is inside the 20 if he catches it on the run, we kick at least a FG and go up 9...running more time off the clock...instead we made it way harder than we needed to...details details...

That throw wasn’t where you would like it, but it was ok and very catchable at least. On thanksgiving stafford missed a wide open golden tate on the lions’ final possession and it cost them the game. All qbs, including good ones, miss. Alex smith’s miss on the fourth down play with 2:50 left was a far worse miss than taylor’s.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

You focus on a 14 yard completion on a 2nd and 16 as the primary reason we almost lost? Some of you guys should really watch more football. QBs miss wide open receivers all the time. That isn’t even Tyrod’s issue, it’s not throwing the ball on time that he struggles with. Overall he is pretty accurate with the ball and sometimes he throws dimes like the deep throw to Zay that he just couldn’t get enough separation on. Dennison is far and away the biggest problem on offense, more than any one player.

I agree that Dennison isn't good man.  But i'm not gonna stand here and defend Tyrod for making possibly one of the easiest 40 yard passes he's ever had to make.  He could've even lead him and thrown a floater like he did to Clay cuz there was NO ONE there.  He just can't be anything more than average when it comes to crucial clutch plays.  That play puts that game out of reach as it sets us up for at the very least, a fg.  There are opportunities all over the field that he just can't make.  Sorry I'm not backing Tyrod for his lack of ability to make the big play.  The really good QBs make those throws.  Why would they allow him to throw the ball on the last offensive drive we had when he shows to be that inaccurate in crucial plays like that?  I'm not risking it

Just now, ScottLaw said:

The playcalling is ridiculous and unbelievably predictable. 

I don't like if they have any kind of a lead they let off the gas. 3 stuffed runs on that last offensive possession is suspect.

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

It would have been a major factor...details win and lose football games much more than the average person watching with no real fundamental knowledge realizes...and that was an INEXCUSABLE detail that was wrong...in a nutshell that is why Taylor csnt be a franchise QB...he does the big things right but too many details not well enough...that was the essiest throw he had all day...clean pocket...wide open receiver and he turfs the ball...huh??

If you can find me a single game where there isn’t a slight QB miss like that I’ll eat my Zay Jones jersey. And it was made in China so I’ll probably get lead poisoning.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

I agree that Dennison isn't good man.  But i'm not gonna stand here and defend Tyrod for making possibly one of the easiest 40 yard passes he's ever had to make.  He could've even lead him and thrown a floater like he did to Clay cuz there was NO ONE there.  He just can't be anything more than average when it comes to crucial clutch plays.  That play puts that game out of reach as it sets us up for at the very least, a fg.  There are opportunities all over the field that he just can't make.  Sorry I'm not backing Tyrod for his lack of ability to make the big play.  The really good QBs make those throws.  Why would they allow him to throw the ball on the last offensive drive we had when he shows to be that inaccurate in crucial plays like that?  I'm not risking it

It's clear we need an upgrade at quarterback, but for the time being we have to ride Tyrod if we want to break this horrendous playoff drought.  

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If dawkins doesn’t hold that game is over. Cadet had that run clear away even if dawkins dowsn’t hold.

the pass to o’leary wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t that bad. Jordan matthews caught an even lower pass and didn’t go to the ground. Some of that is on o’leary. It was lower than you’d like but it wasn’t THAT low.

Um, it was below his knees which lead him to the ground which was the only way he wouldn't getting into KC territory.  I'm not gonna stand here and defend Tyrod for that garbage

5 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

If dawkins doesn’t hold that game is over. Cadet had that run clear away even if dawkins dowsn’t hold.

the pass to o’leary wasn’t perfect but it wasn’t that bad. Jordan matthews caught an even lower pass and didn’t go to the ground. Some of that is on o’leary. It was lower than you’d like but it wasn’t THAT low.

sure but it's our backup TE.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

I’m not defending Tyrod, it wasn’t a good pass and I wish it had been better. I’m just saying crap like that happens in every game every week. I mean it was a 14 yard gain, it is a lot more excusable than the following 3rd and 2 play call.

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea it's asinine... and then Tyrod gets the blame for the ****ty offensive performance. As I've said before, a lot of fans don't know what they are watching. 

I think with Tyrod you need to let him fire off the ball in that situation. Chances are he won't turn it over. If you can't bleed clock with the run take shots. Tyrod will connect sometimes. I'd rather him get the chance and not connect then stuffed runs 

Edited by Lfod

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

His point is all quarterbacks make bad passes like that. Some flat out miss.

And above average ones make that throw and put rhe gsme away Whats the point? That throw should have been an easy first down with huge YAC

I feel like people overreact to plays that the color guy focuses on after the event. Alex smith makes a way worse throw on 4th down and trent green says nothing. Hence nobody else says anything.

and, by the way, the reason the bills didn’t convert on 3rd and 2 was because of a ridiculous trick play call in which an unfooled kc defense keying on shady found him immediately 4 yards deep in the backfield.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

You are kidding. It was a 14 yard completion that was a little low but which a better te (kelce or gronk) snags and rumbles forward.

I'm not kidding.  It was a terrible throw in a VERY clean pocket with TONS of time to a WIDE OPEN receiver.  

Just like when EJ had a terrible throw to a wide open Gragg years ago.  You simply CANNOT be an NFL QB if you're letting teams off the hook like that.