What do these 6 NFL QB's have in common?

Punt75

-Jimmy Garoppolo

-Sam Bradford

-Kirk Cousins

-Matthew Stafford

-Drew Brees

-Derek Carr

ALL are potential Free Agents for the 2018 season.  A franchise tag from their current teams would probably run in the $25-28 mil area for one year.  I'm sure the players and their agents don't want the tag for long-term security and salary negotiation reasons.

If we could only sign one of them to a long term deal and then draft a QB for the future.

• Like (+1) 1

We would still need a decent 0C, an o-line, legitimate WR's actually playing in games, and a defense.  I'm all for drafting a legitimate QB prospect.  Paying a bunch of money for a free agent on that list aside from maybe Brees or Carr is going to make little difference on this team with the current problems.

11 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

-Jimmy Garoppolo

-Sam Bradford

-Kirk Cousins

-Matthew Stafford

-Drew Brees

-Derek Carr

ALL are potential Free Agents for the 2018 season.  A franchise tag from their current teams would probably run in the $25-28 mil area for one year.  I'm sure the players and their agents don't want the tag for long-term security and salary negotiation reasons.

If we could only sign one of them to a long term deal and then draft a QB for the future.

Pssst: https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/raiders/2017/06/22/derek-carr-contract-extension-los-angeles-raiders/418416001/

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Oh, come on, man...........who the hell would ever come here with absolutely zero Oline?

QBs are a fickle bunch and i dont blame them to want to have at least a little security behind centre. Our Oline will destroy many-a-career here for any QB that would be stupid enough to stand behind.

We are resounded to rookie QB's who aren't experienced or smart enough to know that our Oline will get them killed.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Punt75 said:

-Jimmy Garoppolo

-Sam Bradford

-Kirk Cousins

-Matthew Stafford

-Drew Brees

-Derek Carr

Stafford signed a 5 year contract prior to this season making him the highest paid NFL player. I guess you missed that.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Oh, come on, man...........who the hell would ever come here with absolutely zero Oline?

QBs are a fickle bunch and i dont blame them to want to have at least a little security behind centre. Our Oline will destroy many-a-career here for any QB that would be stupid enough to stand behind.

We are resounded to rookie QB's who aren't experienced or smart enough to know that our Oline will get them killed.

This is a real problem, not just for picking up a good QB, but for picking up good WR's.

What WR wants to come here and get killed by an inaccurate, hurried QB throwing the ball under, over, behind, or late ?

26 minutes ago, jr1 said:

Jimmy's likely staying with SF. Bradford's knee is really bad. Cousins has the same amount of wins this year as Tyrod. Brees only wants to play for NO

Brees only wants to play where he gets paid the most.

But he's too old for the Bills, anyway.

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

We would still need a decent 0C, an o-line, legitimate WR's actually playing in games, and a defense.  I'm all for drafting a legitimate QB prospect.  Paying a bunch of money for a free agent on that list aside from maybe Brees or Carr is going to make little difference on this team with the current problems.

Yeah but a "franchise QB" doesn't need any help. He can win it on his own. No good team mates needed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

You forgot Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater.  Now we're getting to the Bills' level ... although I could certainly see a damaged Sam Bradford too.

Bradford would not be bad.  Yes, injury prone.  But should be the "cheapest" of the bunch.  Sign him, he instantly makes the WR's better.  Let the rookie QB learn from him.  If he gets injured, then the rookie comes in.  If he doesn't, then the rookie keeps learning and we start winning.  

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Good thing we drafted Cyrus Kouandjio in the second instead of Carr! Otherwise we would be having to pay him that big contract.

crap don't remind me about that.  Made me so mad.   OL guy with history of injuries rather than Carr, who likely fell b/c of his brother.  

4 hours ago, Punt75 said:

-Jimmy Garoppolo

-Sam Bradford

-Kirk Cousins

-Matthew Stafford

-Drew Brees

-Derek Carr

Would like all those guys but Bradford, but the only realistic one is Cousins. What about Case Keenum?

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Sign Case and draft a QB high. 

Depends on the QBs available, I would only trade up for Darnold and Rosen. If we can't get them then Mayfield with the first pick and if not him then Rudolph with the 2nd first.

3 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Good thing we drafted Cyrus Kouandjio in the second instead of Carr! Otherwise we would be having to pay him that big contract.

AHHH! I freaking hate when I see things like this of missing a real QBs for garbage players. Cyrus wasn't even good and had a bum knee :death: