Taylor's performance Vs Chargers

JerseyBills

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Exactly.

His first drive went for more plays than previous 8! He came in and instantly had the O moving. McD sabotaged that game by starting Peterman, Taylor would have had us close at least.

Hope this benching totally changes his attitude out there and he stops the conservative play. 

That was 2 drives in the 4th.

It's nothing like that. Chargers had starters in for one, Saints didn't. 

This thought process is flawed.  Why would you give Taylor credit for scoring on a game out of reach with prevent on and not Peterman.  They were not pressuring Taylor the same as Peterman in that Chargers game.  See the amount of time Taylor had to throw and his one big pressure he fumbled the ball away.

27 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This thought process is flawed.  Why would you give Taylor credit for scoring on a game out of reach with prevent on and not Peterman.  They were not pressuring Taylor the same as Peterman in that Chargers game.  See the amount of time Taylor had to throw and his one big pressure he fumbled the ball away.

There are a few people that tend to “think” that way.    

Good stats only count with Tyrod.   

I still think benching Tyrod was good for him and sent the right message to the team, either put up or be benched and no one is untouchable. Now this week against KC, if Tyrod comes out with his usual tentative and anemic check-down playing and we get behind by 14 or more, I would then put the rooking back in (Tyrod had 0 come back ability).  JMHO

Go Bills!!!!! 

51 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I still think benching Tyrod was good for him and sent the right message to the team, either put up or be benched and no one is untouchable. Now this week against KC, if Tyrod comes out with his usual tentative and anemic check-down playing and we get behind by 14 or more, I would then put the rooking back in (Tyrod had 0 come back ability).  JMHO

Go Bills!!!!! 

It was one of the dumbest coaching moves in Bills' history with Peterman proving that he doesn't belong on the field in meaningful situations.  Inserting him in the KC game is a woeful idea.

1 minute ago, B Fan in LA said:

I like the idea of rotating the QB's like they do in college.

That way we confuse Jordan Mills so he never knows whether he should block his assignment or just let him go unabated to the QB.

Awful idea that won't work in the NFL and especially so with Dennison. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Go Bills!!!!! 

That's the problem with Tyrod. Many quarterbacks have an awareness/knowledge as to when they should play it safe and when they need to take chances. Tyrod is ALWAYS in safe mode no matter the score.

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Oh, really? Do tell...

I don't need to tell.  You said ALWAYS and that's simply an overstatement of a problem with Tyrod as if he never stakes deep shots or throws to covered receivers. Stop the absolutism that makes you look like you watch the games with no balance.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't need to tell.  You said ALWAYS and that's simply an overstatement of a problem with Tyrod as if he never stakes deep shots or throws to covered receivers. Stop the absolutism that makes you look like you watch the games with no balance.

So you'd rather argue semantics than actually discuss the topic on hand?

You know lack of aggressiveness is a huge flaw of Taylor's and exactly why he was benched. To argue otherwise is delusional. 

1 minute ago, Wayne Arnold said:

So you'd rather argue semantics than actually discuss the topic on hand?

You know lack of aggressiveness is a huge flaw of Taylor's and exactly why he was benched. To argue otherwise is delusional. 

That he doesn't do it enough is stipulated.  It was part of the reason why he was benched, but to say he never does is more than semantics. It's not what actually occurs. 

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

That he doesn't do it enough is stipulated.  It was part of the reason why he was benched, but to say he never does is more than semantics. It's not what actually occurs. 

I will opine that Tyrod is always in safe mode, as well.

It's how he pads his "protect the ball" statistics.  

The only risks he takes are on the ground.  That's fine and dandy and has been effective - so I'll grant you and other parishioners that.

But he's not going to try to thread the needle 23 yards down the field, that's for sure.  He's only going that deep if our guy is either single covered on the sideline or if a defender fell down in the middle of the field.

But hey ... look how few INTs he throws!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

The only risks he takes are on the ground.  That's fine and dandy and has been effective - so I'll grant you and other parishioners that.

But he's not going to try to thread the needle 23 yards down the field, that's for sure.  He's only going that deep if our guy is either single covered on the sideline or if a defender fell down in the middle of the field.

Opine all you'd like.  You're not onjective. Carry on. 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Who is he throwing 23 yards downfield to on this team?:lol:   He thumped one off of Brandon Tate on 2nd and 20 on Sunday......does that count?

The reality is that it's become a vertical passing league.........Taylor is good at that..........teams are throwing a lot less tight window intermediate throws into the middle of the field if they don't have to because that's where the turnovers and injuries(see Benjamin) are.

In addition to nearly getting Benjamin's leg amputated......Dennison later nearly ran Zay Jones into a concussion on one of those routes Sunday as well.   Those are routes you can only use if you get separation so the receiver can make plays and protect himself.  Dennison has been stubborn........you can't NOT use the area outside the hashes and then try to be surgical between them.:doh:

Bills lack the downfield personnel to make teams respect that deep outside throw so they are focused on the inside.   Taylor threw a beautiful bomb to Zay on a 9 route Sunday but it was tipped away because the cornerback was in his back pocket.   That's not Jones' route.......or anybody on this teams route, unfortunately.    Deonte Thompson is the only one with speed to get deep but they cut him two years ago in the first place because he was dropping deep throws in the preseason games.........and he did it in the Saints game.   They lack that personnel to make teams respect the entire field and that is not the least bit on Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

To deny that TT is playing in safe mode most of the time, even when the score dictates otherwise, is silly...everyone has seen his many, many check downs for 4 yards when we need 10  and are down by 14....

You must not watch much NFL football beyond Bills' games. QBs are often forced to checkdown throws behind the sticks as coverage often dictates.  Even with that being the case, Tyrod needs to take more chances. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Who is he throwing 23 yards downfield to on this team?:lol:   He thumped one off of Brandon Tate on 2nd and 20 on Sunday......does that count?

The reality is that it's become a vertical passing league.........Taylor is good at that..........teams are throwing a lot less tight window intermediate throws into the middle of the field if they don't have to because that's where the turnovers and injuries(see Benjamin) are.

In addition to nearly getting Benjamin's leg amputated......Dennison later nearly ran Zay Jones into a concussion on one of those routes Sunday as well.   Those are routes you can only use if you get separation so the receiver can make plays and protect himself.  Dennison has been stubborn........you can't NOT use the area outside the hashes and then try to be surgical between them.:doh:

Bills lack the downfield personnel to make teams respect that deep outside throw so they are focused on the inside.   Taylor threw a beautiful bomb to Zay on a 9 route Sunday but it was tipped away because the cornerback was in his back pocket.   That's not Jones' route.......or anybody on this teams route, unfortunately.    Deonte Thompson is the only one with speed to get deep but they cut him two years ago in the first place because he was dropping deep throws in the preseason games.........and he did it in the Saints game.   They lack that personnel to make teams respect the entire field and that is not the least bit on Taylor.

This is a tired and utter bull **** excuse that I will no longer even consider.  It's pure bull ****.

• Like (+1) 1