So what happens if the Bills draft their franchise QB and...

Big Turk

He is the real deal but two years later the team is in the same position as the Sabres are with their franchise player...namely the cellar. 

What then? Its a thought nobody really talks about...all you hear is how they need this type of player...and I wholeheartedly agree.

What we don't stop and talk about is what happens if he is as good as advertised but the team still sucks?  What do we do then?

Simple - You cry in your beer...

On the other hand, failure is not to be feared, it's never trying that is the real sin...

I must be becoming a philosopher in my old age...

Seriously just go out there and draft the best QB you can find and let's go from there...

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

He is the real deal but two years later the team is in the same position as the Sabres are with their franchise player...namely the cellar. 

What then? Its a thought nobody really talks about...all you hear is how they need this type of player...and I wholeheartedly agree.

What we don't stop and talk about is what happens if he is as good as advertised but the team still sucks?  What do we do then?

It will probably be because there is no team around him, because everyone wanted a QB so bad they forget you need 29 other positions on a team.

• Like (+1) 1

This is a much more like scenario than that the Bills draft a franchise QB and everything is rainbows and unicorns all the way to the Lombardy Trophy, especially if McDermott and Beane are still around.

What happens if they take a later round QB and keep Tyrod as the starter while getting better players in other positions  and they still end up with no playoffs at 7-9? Do you really think this staff will be here in 2019 then? IMO not a chance, fans are done waiting on the bridge QB that never has a exit, Peterman is not the exit and the Tyrod bridge is full of holes.

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 1

QB has a 15 year shelf life. If they have been smart and responsible they have also stocked the O-line.

These are the things that take so much time. Finding a QB and then developing and maintaining a cohesive line.

Greatly simplified but on the whole true as I see it, everybody else you can draft and start soon,  or buy. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

QB has a 15 year shelf life. If they have been smart and responsible they have also stocked the O-line.

These are the things that take so much time. Finding a QB and then developing and maintaining a cohesive line.

Greatly simplified but on the whole true as I see it, everybody else you can draft and start soon,  or buy. 

Completely agree

• Like (+1) 1