UB Bulls-31 Ohio U-24. Now 6-6 and hoping for bid.

PromoTheRobot

53 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You obviously have never played college football.  It's a huge accomplishment and means a lot to the players.  And for a program like UB, it's a huge step in the right direction.

I get the yearning for programs with no bowl history wanting to get to a bowl.

(I know it is a fun vacation for the players. I am just thinking from a fan perspective since this is a fan site, not a players site)

however for teams like high level IOWA and others who routinely go to lower bowls and lose it is a let down that fans don't get up for as much anymore. Some programs even turn down invitations to lower bowls.

Edited by cba fan

10 minutes ago, cba fan said:

I get the yearning for programs with no bowl history wanting to get to a bowl.

(I know it is a fun vacation for the players. I am just thinking from a fan perspective since this is a fan site, not a players site)

however for teams like high level IOWA and others who routinely go to lower bowls and lose it is a let down that fans don't get up for as much anymore. Some programs even turn down invitations to lower bowls.

Yeah well not everyone can be in a power 5 conference.

Khalil Hodge int in the end zone foils Ohio. 2 minutes to go.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

I have Khalil Hodge as a top 8 ILB prospect going into next years draft

He is absolutely getting drafted top 4 rounds

He is impressive. Another UB Khalil in the NFL?

Final: UB-31 Ohio-24. Now cross your fingers for a bowl invite. 

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

He is impressive. Another UB Khalil in the NFL?

100% 

he is probably the most highly touted Bull in scouting circles as a consensus 

He's 6'1. Close to 240 . A sideline to sideline ILB who never comes off the field 

Has like 170 tackles this year.

The Arrow is in a very high upward trajectory 

19 hours ago, cba fan said:

Some people love Bowl games. Fine.

Some people see them for what they are. Like an exhibition or like playing in the loser bracket of a big basketball tournament for 10th and 11th place.

Or you can embrace the cool format and have fun watching college bowl games with your family and friends.   Set up a big bracket, get some good food and drinks, and enjoy the games.    

Its what we call enjoying WHAT IS in my house, you should try it.  It's a lot more fun than mocking it and saying it's stupid (also a free life lesson for you)

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’ve always liked Leipold. Great hire.

He's the type of coach that if your administration gives him the support he will in time build up the program. He's not the type of coach that a high profile would pursue because he isn't a dynamic personality offering a formula for a quick fix. He is the type of person who gets comfortable in his setting and quietly step by step builds a program. As you said this was terrific hire. Right person for the right place. I just hope that the people in the area appreciate his entertaining brand of football and support him with people in the stands. 

19 minutes ago, JohnC said:

He's the type of coach that if your administration gives him the support he will in time build up the program. He's not the type of coach that a high profile would pursue because he isn't a dynamic personality offering a formula for a quick fix. He is the type of person who gets comfortable in his setting and quietly step by step builds a program. As you said this was terrific hire. Right person for the right place. I just hope that the people in the area appreciate his entertaining brand of football and support him with people in the stands. 

Like Buffalo716 said, this could have been a 9-win season with Jackson didn't miss 4 games with a knee injury. The Bulls are potent on offense while the defense, outside of Hodge, is mediocre. Still it's good college ball. Considering all the angina the Bills cause people, a nice football diversion is appreciated. Almost every game is on TV or online, the school makes a big effort to entertain at home games with a big tailgate and name bands, parking is free and tickets are cheap enough you can take a family to a game and spend under $100 including concessions. Same for basketball. Both men's and women's teams are good this year.

On November 24, 2017 at 1:05 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Yeah well not everyone can be in a power 5 conference.

Khalil Hodge int in the end zone foils Ohio. 2 minutes to go.

That was a great play.  They are playing very well now.

I guess my timing was off.  I could've sworn the game was Friday but I couldn't find it on ESPN3 and then it appeared in Upcoming Games as today at 4.  In the meantime I saw this thread but watched the game today anyways.  Even though I hope to be around several more years, I know I won't likely see the Bulls competing for the national title (unless they expand the playoffs to 16). So, it was great in 2008 when the Bulls went to their first bowl after winning the MAC and then went to another a few years later.  Now I just hope to see a bowl win.

Early days of the AFL gave teams exclusive rights for players within their region. Too bad that practice doesn't exist today as the Bills would  benefit from having first crack at T. Jackson, A. Johnson and Hodge.

4 hours ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

That was a great play.  They are playing very well now.

I guess my timing was off.  I could've sworn the game was Friday but I couldn't find it on ESPN3 and then it appeared in Upcoming Games as today at 4.  In the meantime I saw this thread but watched the game today anyways.  Even though I hope to be around several more years, I know I won't likely see the Bulls competing for the national title (unless they expand the playoffs to 16). So, it was great in 2008 when the Bulls went to their first bowl after winning the MAC and then went to another a few years later.  Now I just hope to see a bowl win.

Early days of the AFL gave teams exclusive rights for players within their region. Too bad that practice doesn't exist today as the Bills would  benefit from having first crack at T. Jackson, A. Johnson and Hodge.

A national championship will simply never happen. You have to belong to a Power 5 conference and Buffalo simply doesn't have the athletic budget or donor base to play at that level.

That said, they could move up to the AAC one day. But they have to start dominating the MAC first.

Unfortunately it looks like there will be too may Bowl eligible teams this year.  UB may be sitting home unless maybe some teams decline an invite.

with the fan base here I can’t imagine the Bulls getting picked over any other programs 

Edited by zow2

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

Unfortunately it looks like there will be too may Bowl eligible teams this year.  UB may be sitting home unless maybe some teams decline an invite.

with the fan base here I can’t imagine the Bulls getting picked over any other programs 

They don't care about fan bases .

they care about star power and UB has three stars in Tyree Jackson, Anthony Johnson and Khalil Hodge