49ers are the trade target

Tatonka68

Who do you draft??  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Which quarterback would you draft?

• Lamar Jackson, Louisville
    • Josh Rosen, UCLA
    • Sam Darnold, USC
    • Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma St
    • Josh Allen, Wyoming
    • Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
    • Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s possible. Teams fall in love with their guys, supposedly the Jets really like Allen. Last year Whaley was in love with Watson.

I actually think Baker and Lamar go higher than projected for that reason. It is kind of like Mahomes. It only takes one team to love them. While they may have some polarizing traits you don’t need a consensus of all 32 teams. You need one that sees through it. It’s the same reason that I think Rudolph drops. He doesn’t do anything special. That’s a big investment for a guy that could be “solid.”

In the next draft there are a lot of plausible qb scenarios that can be embraced. For me, if the Bills don't come out of this year's draft with a high end qb prospect I will really be disappointed/discouraged to the extent that I could go by the wayside. If this isn't the year to make a serious effort to secure a franchise qb then when is it? 

I don't care what qb the Bills draft it simply needs to be done. Getting a qb is not a magic elixir that is going to immediately  make the Bills a serious team. As it currently stands I consider this team a very hollowed out team. Without a doubt a major infusion of talent still needs to be added to make this team competitive. However, until an authentic franchise is taking the snaps little else matters. That is my unyielding position!

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The problem is that they are going to either commit to Jimmy G or let him walk. They won’t have the luxury of sitting on him. They gave up an early #2 for him. They will either have to tag him, sign him to a long-term deal or he walks. If you are willing to tag a guy that’s you’ve hardly seen i wouldn’t think that you use a top 2 pick on the same position. It’s one or the other imo.

They have like $100 mil in cap space.

They can do whatever they want. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Tyrod is done here. He's cut as soon as the season ends. 

The Bills don't need to trade up into the top 5 for a QB. All that will do is gut the roster of the necessary talent it needs to compete. 

Without massive upgrades to the defense this team is going nowhere regardless of who is playing QB.

Once we lose some more games, we'll probably wind up picking in the 12-16 range. We can pick the best guy there, and then use the rest of our picks upgrading the rest of the roster which quite simply isn't good enough. This team is Swiss Cheese. 

Hey man I know the team has a bunch of needs but QB has to be the main goal for this draft IMO. 

I hope your right about Tyrod being let go, what worries me is the Chan/Fitz era and this team going down the same exact way.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

In the next draft there are a lot of plausible qb scenarios that can be embraced. For me, if the Bills don't come out of this year's draft with a high end qb prospect I will really be disappointed/discouraged to the extent that I could go by the wayside. If this isn't the year to make a serious effort to secure a franchise qb then when is it? 

I don't care what qb the Bills draft it simply needs to be done. Getting a qb is not a magic elixir that is going to immediately  make the Bills a serious team. As it currently stands I consider this team a very hollowed out team. Without a doubt a major infusion of talent still needs to be added to make this team competitive. However, until an authentic franchise is taking the snaps little else matters. That is my unyielding position!

I don’t see a situation where they don’t take a QB early. That’s the clear plan (if they have a plan). There are holes everywhere but this is the year to get the QB. The guys are there to be had.

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The problem is that they are going to either commit to Jimmy G or let him walk. They won’t have the luxury of sitting on him. They gave up an early #2 for him. They will either have to tag him, sign him to a long-term deal or he walks. If you are willing to tag a guy that’s you’ve hardly seen i wouldn’t think that you use a top 2 pick on the same position. It’s one or the other imo.

They do have a ton of Cap room like jrober pointed out. I could see it as a possibility still not knowing what Jimmy is 100%.

I really think our trade partners are either the Colts or Bears sitting at 3-7 with current QB's on their rosters already. 

Edited by Real McCoy

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Hey man I know the team has a bunch of needs but QB has to be the main goal for this draft IMO. 

I hope your right about Tyrod being let go, what worries me is the Chan/Fitz era and this team going down the same exact way.

There is no chance Tyrod is coming back. 

And I agree, they need a 1st round QB, I just don't they need to be set on trading up to get one. We need to add 5-6 new starters to the defense if this team is going to compete. A couple new DTs, a new DE, a couple LBS, a CB.

It's great that we have a bunch of picks, but we need to find a couple impact players from this draft. Trading the whole farm for a shot at a QB isn't going to solve our problems. The whole roster is a mess. 

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

They have like $100 mil in cap space.

They can do whatever they want. 

They certainly can but that’s a terrible use of resources. No team is giving up a top 35 pick for a guy that they are ready to move on from already. They are going to give him a big deal (likely) and then see how he plays. In a year or 2 they may be looking again if he doesn’t work out but you can’t commit to 2 guys as your future franchise QB at the same time. That’s essentially what they would be doing if they took one in the 1st. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

And I agree, they need a 1st round QB, I just don't they need to be set on trading up to get one. We need to add 5-6 new starters to the defense if this team is going to compete. A couple new DTs, a new DE, a couple LBS, a CB.

It's great that we have a bunch of picks, but we need to find a couple impact players from this draft. Trading the whole farm for a shot at a QB isn't going to solve our problems. The whole roster is a mess. 

Not a one year fix, want quality not quantity. Go for the best, not a leftover. That has been the Bills game plan for the last 17 years. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It starts with the QB man. SF traded for Grap but yet there is still talk they may take another . That shows SF is getting more respect at finding a franchise worthy QB over the we need to many players talk so we need to just let a QB fall to us and use our picks for other positions.

I'm all in for the trade up, go get our guy

Edited by xRUSHx

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

They certainly can but that’s a terrible use of resources. No team is giving up a top 35 pick for a guy that they are ready to move on from already. They are going to give him a big deal (likely) and then see how he plays. In a year or 2 they may be looking again if he doesn’t work out but you can’t commit to 2 guys as your future franchise QB at the same time. That’s essentially what they would be doing if they took one in the 1st. 

I don't see why they can't. 

Just franchise Garoppolo on a 1 year deal, and draft a QB. Let those two guys compete, then make a decision after the 2018 season. 

Having two quality QBs compete for the job would be in their best interests as opposed to going all in on a guy who has played 6 quarters of meaningful regular season football. 

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Is that really a bad decision though if it locks up a 15 year starter as a franchise QB? You can build around him for 5years and go on deep consistent playoff runs after.

Edited by Real McCoy

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

They do have a ton of Cap room like jrober pointed out. I could see it as a possibility still not knowing what Jimmy is 100%.

I really think our trade partners are either the Colts or Bears sitting at 3-7 with current QB's on their rosters already. 

It’s not about cap space as much as it is committing to 2 guys.

The thought of the Bears or Colts is an interesting (and plausible) one. The Bears may take the 2 1sts for example. They dealt away some capital last year for Trubisky. They may be looking for quantity this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tatonka68 said:

Not a one year fix, want quality not quantity. Go for the best, not a leftover. That has been the Bills game plan for the last 17 years. 

Lots of good franchise QBs weren't the #1 overall pick. 

The notion that we need the "best" prospect is flawed. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Lots of good franchise QBs weren't the #1 overall pick. 

The notion that we need the "best" prospect is flawed. 

After waiting so dam long for a QB worthy to call a franchise QB IMO most fans will give away the farm to get one of the top dogs.

Just now, jrober38 said:

I don't see why they can't. 

Just franchise Garoppolo on a 1 year deal, and draft a QB. Let those two guys compete, then make a decision after the 2018 season. 

Having two quality QBs compete for the job would be in their best interests as opposed to going all in on a guy who has played 6 quarters of meaningful regular season football. 

Then they would have to tag Jimmy G again or let him walk or trade the other QB. Why wouldn’t they trade down or draft BPA and see if Garoppolo can play? If he can’t they will be picking early in 2019. If he can they will be on their way. That’s just a terrible use of resources. You pick a guy and give him the shot whether you are right or wrong. The 49ers picked Jimmy G. 

4 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Is that really a bad decision though if it locks up a 15 year starter as a franchise QB? You can build around him for 5years and go on deep consistent playoff runs after.

Of course not but you can’t commit to 2 guys at once. You have to pick a guy and see if he can play. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Then they would have to tag Jimmy G again or let him walk or trade the other QB. Why wouldn’t they trade down or draft BPA and see if Garoppolo can play? If he can’t they will be picking early in 2019. If he can they will be on their way. That’s just a terrible use of resources. You pick a guy and give him the shot whether you are right or wrong. The 49ers picked Jimmy G. 

IMO SF will want picks and will take another QB later in the draft to sit behind Grap

7 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I’ve been looking at LBs. Roquon Smith should be our target with the KC pick, assuming we have a 1st rounder left over after a possible trade up. Reminds me of Zach Brown with more potential. Fast, all over the field, can play pass coverage. Fits our defense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

IMO SF will want picks and will take another QB later in the draft to sit behind Grap

That I could see (unless they like Beathard). They could go down to 10 or so and try to add Sutton (for example) while recouping that 2nd and a 1st next year. They can swing at a guy like Ferguson in the 3rd.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I’ve been looking at LBs. Roquon Smith should be our target with the KC pick, assuming we have a 1st rounder left over after a possible trade up. Reminds me of Zach Brown with more potential. Fast, all over the field, can play pass coverage. Fits our defense.

Monster

Edited by Kirby Jackson

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course not but you can’t commit to 2 guys at once. You have to pick a guy and see if he can play. 

I guess the whole not starting him this year is puzzling to me them. I'm not sure why they are waiting to see what he can possibly become?

Edited by Real McCoy